The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Gaball Slaaneshi said:

I really think that GW can have 50 faction theorically for AoS, but the most must are "finished" factions like Custodes in 40k. A faction that GW cannot add 5 set each edition.

For example, tomorrow they release a second wave for IDK and FS,, and...after ? They should be "finish" in the sense which add another unit should be "too much" (Like Stormcast but they are the poster boyz so... they are particular)
GW in that world, should only release the Battletome for the meta, but no miniatures.

So 24 factions can be easily taked care by GW without too much problems on the calendar.

Agreed, i think it would be nice to have a 4 to 5 year cycle. Give some attention to the factions and finish them. Give some more space for more tomes and an extra narrative campaign. Also support other formats besides matched play.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, RocketPropelledGrenade said:

Varanite realmstone causing wild and unchecked mutation (such as spawndom) has been a thing for years now. My guess is the spear is forged from Varanite.

Mhm yeah that's what I'm trying to say lol

Ah well- doesn't matter

7 hours ago, BarakUrbaz said:

You know the Glottkin's original rules that he would eat enemy models and ****** them out as Chaos Spawn? Hell, Scylla Anfrigrimm is a Khorne-aligned Chaos Spawn special character. Nobody really has a monopoly on Spawns, they're kinda a universal Chaos concept. 

No but there are only a handful of things on the tabletop that actively cause spawndom during the game

If memory serves me correctly, it was the Exalted Changer of Ways from forgeworld, the mutalith vortex beast, and Morghur

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

That veins on the middle part remind me of Tyranid spores:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.01be0f3dd52ba28f69918eb59386ab92.png

And the colorations look like how they painted the "spore sack" on the Biovore:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.1929ed0c4b3bf904005afa84ab2d0917.png

So maybe another Tyranid model for the end of 10th campaign in two years? Would also fit the normal lead times on rumour engines

The sitting part of a Genestealer Patriarch throne. 

Now that's a wild guess! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pizzaprez said:

No but there are only a handful of things on the tabletop that actively cause spawndom during the game

If memory serves me correctly, it was the Exalted Changer of Ways from forgeworld, the mutalith vortex beast, and Morghur

There’s also a Tzeentch Endless Spell, Bolt of Change from a Magister of Tzeentch, rolling a double using the Magister’s +1 Cast ability and the Changeblade artifact from DoT. If anything, Chaos Spawn are more Tzeentch’s thing. 

• Like 1

So don't know if anyone posted it but there was a FAQ with the AoS Team at Las Vegas Open and the AoS Team there confirmed that BoC will remain in Aos and be used the same way Warriors of Chaos/Slaves to Darkness are being used in Old World.

I hope that is true, we will see.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maier666 said:

So don't know if anyone posted it but there was a FAQ with the AoS Team at Las Vegas Open and the AoS Team there confirmed that BoC will remain in Aos and be used the same way Warriors of Chaos/Slaves to Darkness are being used in Old World.

That’s the first I’ve heard of that. 

3 minutes ago, Maier666 said:

I think any AoS employee who says that BoC will get squatted before an official post will lose their jobs.

• Thanks 1

On the topic of Beast of Chaos , we may see in the future pestigors and khornegors and eventually a cross battletomes list , which include also tzaangors and slaangors , such as Legion of first prince.

We have already see pestigors in blacktalon animation

CdVYnkGlbAwV0chk.jpg 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cyrus said:

On the topic of Beast of Chaos , we may see in the future pestigors and khornegors and eventually a cross battletomes list , which include also tzaangors and slaangors , such as Legion of first prince.

We have already see pestigors in blacktalon animation

CdVYnkGlbAwV0chk.jpg 

I wouldn't take Blacktalon nor Hammer and Bolter as a source of minis. In Hammer and Bolter we have the free guild humans with the empire look rather than the new one.

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

I wouldn't take Blacktalon nor Hammer and Bolter as a source of minis. In Hammer and Bolter we have the free guild humans with the empire look rather than the new one.

Kinda strange tho, because i remember Whitefang told us to take a look at Blacktalon to see what next minis will look like (before CoS release), and many of us thought that the cog fort would be part of the COS release. But maybe was he talking about chaos marauders mounted? 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

True but Hammer and Bolter showed us how Calis and Toll wod look like
 image.png.0a9be1efc2614bbb6bdda58a438254bc.pngimage.png.be764f41b82f7d606d07d751ce5e237e.png

14 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I am currently listening to the realmstones episode of loremasters and I got an interesting idea.

In the video they mention that Ulgian realmstone can be found in the shape of spider webs. What about leaving the current incarnate as the Ghurian incarnate and reuse the spider one as the Ulgian incarnate? Maybe they focus on one incarnate per realm rather than a few per realm.

did they say anything about warpstone??

I don’t wanna share what I think it is, I don’t want any warning points or bans...So instead -

A  Glimpse into the Multi Part Gavespawn Elite Kit for the  Morghur Faction 😈

Or something new and weird for  clan Moulder.

Edited by Kronos

24 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Kinda strange tho, because i remember Whitefang told us to take a look at Blacktalon to see what next minis will look like (before CoS release), and many of us thought that the cog fort would be part of the COS release. But maybe was he talking about chaos marauders mounted? 

Hum, good point. I think it would be the case of the Darkoaths. Callis and Toll and the Blacktalon minis have been based on the series for sure. This is more or less everything we got from the series in terms of CoS:

This seems to be using bits from the scenery:

image.png.d1fdbe64817f6e8e93a1fcb0b9c16724.png

The cogfort itself. The things that use a similar look than the lion's door seems to be like wagons:

image.png.0b511f3099d6072a5e317a1ec767666d.png

We have crossbow men's and a shoulder on the captain that is clearly nothing similar to the new stuff:

image.png.52e9ce608ae651b828ded4e21a97fd96.png

Flagellants. New ones could follow this aesthetics. Are quite classic and recognisable, and it has not much room for changes IMO:

image.png.ec9efb6b571fe9a3d8aba0da5f99caf4.png

Estalia is it you?

image.png.f124bcbb52a90efff5d1fba51ba5759f.png

From Blacktalon, removed stuff like the Demygriphs (and stuff that is going to be removed :P)

image.png.63ec7c9a1876afbb71387ef96c01b558.png

War Altar:

image.png.064607e3775fc6c6d683140c4d2e8d78.png

And my fav, scarab riders?

image.png.b71b6241594286d7f6b8707ad49b2a73.png

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3