The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Maybe an error with the site? Feels super weird otherwise.

Not really. If the book just sold out, it doesn’t make much sense to reprint it this close to the end of the edition, especially if 4th is a reset.

Edited by Chikout

7 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

There is a 40k hidden video for today

Ok, now this is exciting! I wonder if it will be the already mentioned and "showed" kroot rider or another kroot mini still not showed? I'd guess the great gnarloc is also in the table, but I think that, as a centrepiece model, would be a much better fit on the last week of reveals.

3 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

Maybe a sign of indexes for 4th?

The shortest time between Battletomes is 9 months for Lumineth. Daughters of Khaine 2nd ed to 3rd ed was about 15 months.

Maybe an early OBR tome for 4th is possible? Or even a Lumineth-style upgrade as part of 3rd? Arkhan the Black is still waiting to be resurrected, after all, and we do have that one Morghast wing rumour engine.

35 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The shortest time between Battletomes is 9 months for Lumineth. Daughters of Khaine 2nd ed to 3rd ed was about 15 months.

Maybe an early OBR tome for 4th is possible? Or even a Lumineth-style upgrade as part of 3rd? Arkhan the Black is still waiting to be resurrected, after all, and we do have that one Morghast wing rumour engine.

I think is a sign for indexes, maybe OBR is just the first one to be out of stock and they are not restocking any book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

It could be !

Even "the BOC fading away rumors" implies index for 4th edition 

I would be thrilled to see indexes for 4th edition. That way i know what models i own are at least supported for another 3 years. I guess we will know soon enough when more tomes are no longer available.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I would be thrilled to see indexes for 4th edition. That way i know what models i own are at least supported for another 3 years. I guess we will know soon enough when more tomes are no longer available.

I am more interested in the old minis. Hopefully they use the indexes as an opportunity to make a decent prune.

• Like 1

just had a Thought about the “dropped” spider incarnate.

If It doesn’t become a release, however it would fit into the lore and release schedule, then What would GW do with it.

I’ve got 3 ideas - 

- Incorporated into some terrain for Warcry, where the most left field rumour engines seem to end up. 

-Released as a Stand alone commemorative series miniature, the Warhammer + Assassin was housed in a big SoB Statue so maybe something similar but for AoS.

-Repurposed as an entirely different idea, Like Radukhar the Beast was originally slated to be Ushoran, thank goodness he didn’t. *I also imagine Kragnos was mean’t to be a BoC Character of Sorts before they decided to do away with them back in 2021/2020 when Old World was in development (just speculation because I still can’t make sense of Kragnos) *

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Vanguard Spearhead boxes for CoS and FEC.

s9QMz4JrlraSrRBH.jpg

Presence of the Mounted Marshal in the CoS one is quite nice, as I know the price point of him was something of a gripe for a few people.

BZEsxlu79sovV8P4.jpg

Z6NMke8N5Znz95Xx.jpg

So bad that the FEC one is basically the army box. At least I could give some use to the CoS one. I was missing still the Marshall and Zenestra, plus a second cannon.

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Pretty big points difference there between the Spearheads:

Stormcast: 900 pts

Cities: 550 pts

Probably means we won't get a "Spearhead" preconstructed format.

The Cities box is pretty cool, though. A solid start for most lists and the Cannon is a great looking mini-centerpiece.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Probably means we won't get a "Spearhead" preconstructed format

They use closed Combat Patrol rules in 40k for balancing that issue, I think AoS is going to follow that.

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1