The Rumour Thread

39 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Maybe... Are we going to Shyish in the next edition?

Probably a three-way like has been a shaky standard.

AoS1= mainly Aqshy with Ghyran & Chamon on the side.

AoS2= mainly Shyish with Chamon & Hysh on the side

AoS3= super mainly Ghur with Aqshy & Ghyran on the side 

So Chamon or Ulgu with Shyish & Aqshy on the side. (with Malerion looking to be the edition after it’s probably Chamon’s turn next to expand on Duardin, tech Skaven, Tzeentch and retread old places like Elixia while exploring new ones in the spiral)

Edit: nostalgia post.

IMG_2411.png?ex=65d7d530&is=65c56030&hm=

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3

The new Stormcast sound more interesting than the initial flagellant talk. I wonder if they're ones who've lost so much of their identity due to reforging that they're little more than walking weapons or if they're ones that have realized they're on their last reforging and become like fantasy dwarf slayers

25 minutes ago, EonChao said:

The new Stormcast sound more interesting than the initial flagellant talk. I wonder if they're ones who've lost so much of their identity due to reforging that they're little more than walking weapons or if they're ones that have realized they're on their last reforging and become like fantasy dwarf slayers

I’m guessing the former, especially if AoS4 is Chamon because then they line up with the Celestial Vindicators whose whole thing is purposefully getting themselves killed and reforged(to where their Questors seek out losing battles to fall in) over and over again to turn themselves into living weapons like their Father of Blades to smite chaos more efficiently.

That way the “Death Company” can take the forging chaff that couldn’t handle the stress of being immortal weapons tested for centuries while the remainder go on to become Thunderstrike and deadlier demigod “swords” which is their version of perfection,

Meanwhile kinder Stormhosts see it as needs to not push themselves so uncaringly hard or look into the actual face(mask) of their humanity suffering the ultimate consequence of oblivion before them in their lost brothers & sisters who are husks.(thus continue to be more compassionate than a space marine would)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After a careful thought, it seems that, with the ruination chamber opening, we won't have, in the end, that really needed squeeze range that many of us wanted for the SCE.

How many new units do you think we could get? And obviously, these new ruination units seem to be some sort of elite dudes. Would they overlap with many of the 1st ed minis or would they replace them completely?

What are your thoughts guys?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

After a careful thought, it seems that, with the ruination chamber opening, we won't have, in the end, that really needed squeeze range that many of us wanted for the SCE.

How many new units do you think we could get? And obviously, these new ruination units seem to be some sort of elite dudes. Would they overlap with many of the 1st ed minis or would they replace them completely?

whitefang laughing react feels cryptic here, I would think that surely some of the 1st ed stuff will be going either way though, not sure about 2nd ed stuff

Yeah, 1st & a lot of heroes squeezed & reforged to Thunderstrike.

Libs obviously.

Retributors turned into one unit instead of 3 paladins as they’re lore-wise needed to train into Annihilators.(probably get the storm axes to differentiate from the meteor hammers)

Judicators I think likely because they are actual artillery units compared to Vigilor mid-range rangers and have a knight leader.(would love a variant with Blacktalon’s Typhoon Crossbows)

image.jpeg.1c8339cce7fcca465cbeae98ef6b0ad1.jpeg

and Prosecutors and the other winged angels would look amazing in a refresh. Some sword & shield ones diving in would be excellent among flying lantern bearers & winged archers.

6p5povx46tgc1.jpg?ex=65d7f92a&is=65c5842

Extremis & Vanguard chambers I imagine are being saved for later.

And Ruination if it’s gonna be the new box force would need at least 6 units since it’s a Chamber and not Thunderstrike mixing in stuff.

So I’m guessing a centerpiece leader that’s a Lord-Relictor on spooky mount to Shepard his broken charges, 2 big commanders looking like they’re about to burst with soul fire, infantry between new elites of cold automatons & storm rage berserkers with a big unit like a golem for the lightning souls too broken for flesh.

I’m guessing similar to Skaven. New Chamber vs new Clan in the starter boxes, then refreshes for both throughout the year.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1

I’d kind of hope GW learned from 3E that focusing in on one particular realm for a whole edition is pretty boring and limited given the nature of the setting, rather than just shifting the focus to a different realm

Ok by gathering all the bread crumbs from Whitefang has left here is my theory:

In The latest skaven short story we learned that the skaven warlock cooked up a soul blasting gun. What if it prevents stormcast from reforging or even kills their souls. That why Sigmar has to use death company to fight skaven. The only stormcast that are not afraid of dying. 
This also works well with death as protagonist since if skaven are killing souls there are none left for Nagash. That should get him angry and moving 😉

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

6 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I'm taking bets that it will be existing units from other chambers to ruination . Supervised by some sort of chaplain to ensure that everything goes smoothly.

A bit like Death Company. Funny, I think someone mentioned that recently... 🤔

1 hour ago, Draznak said:

I'm taking bets that it will be existing units from other chambers to ruination . Supervised by some sort of chaplain to ensure that everything goes smoothly.

A bit like Death Company. Funny, I think someone mentioned that recently... 🤔

Its just like Bonesplitterz. U can join da club if u cray cray. We just more nice, we dont lock em up.

image.png.2548e2b912f80410c342aabc45f571e4.png

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Togetak said:

I’d kind of hope GW learned from 3E that focusing in on one particular realm for a whole edition is pretty boring and limited given the nature of the setting, rather than just shifting the focus to a different realm

Which is still bigger than the entire world of TOW.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah, 1st & a lot of heroes squeezed & reforged to Thunderstrike.

Libs obviously.

Retributors turned into one unit instead of 3 paladins as they’re lore-wise needed to train into Annihilators.(probably get the storm axes to differentiate from the meteor hammers)

Judicators I think likely because they are actual artillery units compared to Vigilor mid-range rangers and have a knight leader.(would love a variant with Blacktalon’s Typhoon Crossbows)

image.jpeg.1c8339cce7fcca465cbeae98ef6b0ad1.jpeg

and Prosecutors and the other winged angels would look amazing in a refresh. Some sword & shield ones diving in would be excellent among flying lantern bearers & winged archers.

6p5povx46tgc1.jpg?ex=65d7f92a&is=65c5842

Extremis & Vanguard chambers I imagine are being saved for later.

And Ruination if it’s gonna be the new box force would need at least 6 units since it’s a Chamber and not Thunderstrike mixing in stuff.

So I’m guessing a centerpiece leader that’s a Lord-Relictor on spooky mount to Shepard his broken charges, 2 big commanders looking like they’re about to burst with soul fire, infantry between new elites of cold automatons & storm rage berserkers with a big unit like a golem for the lightning souls too broken for flesh.

I’m guessing similar to Skaven. New Chamber vs new Clan in the starter boxes, then refreshes for both throughout the year.

The thing for me is. Can they delay refreshes for the stuff that comes in the box? The ed is going to be packed as hell if they do so. So I don't expect that to be the approach.

Presumably, we have Rats new content and refresh, Stormcast new content and refresh at the beginning. Then during the ed it is time to clear some of the old WHFB. Beasts reimagined? Ogors and CoS to leave most of AoS without WHFB minis. Then Chorfs. Some other mini waves like IDK, FS and armies that need it... I see it complicate to pack much more stuff during the 4th ed unless the vs boxes would be new stuff all the time, which is unlikely.

Honestly I kinda expect Ruination Chamber to be like Extremis Chamber, which only needed two kits to represent it (Stardrake kit and Dracoths). Small chamber to allow more room for redoing old stuff. Like consider the Death Company in 40k; for a while it just consisted of Death Company marines (who did have a lot of customization options to be fair), Death Company Chaplains and Death Company Dreadnoughts. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz

52 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Which is still bigger than the entire world of TOW.

not to defend the world ot WHFB (which has its own problems and limitations), but saying that "its bigger" means very little in terms of being interesting and engaging.

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

not to defend the world ot WHFB (which has its own problems and limitations), but saying that "its bigger" means very little in terms of being interesting and engaging.

That's precisely the point. Togetak suggested that staying in one realm for the duration of the whole edition makes the game boring, and I'm not sure that's a valid argument, since the entirety of WHFB took place on a map much smaller and yet remained engaging.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

That's precisely the point. Togetak suggested that staying in one realm for the duration of the whole edition makes the game boring, and I'm not sure that's a valid argument, since the entirety of WHFB took place on a map much smaller and yet remained engaging.

fair. I think staying in one realm ends up being boring for some because of how they are built, that is as a series of attributes/keywords more than as "places". So, staying in the same one is not like staying in the WHFB world, but rather like staying in a single region of that universe (like: an entire edition in the desert of Khemri).

Edited by Marcvs
  • Like 2