The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Unlike BoC Endless spells and Faction terrain are staying, although how terrain works will be changing. 

Project Star will be releasing very close to project Scooter, although that’s a 40k release. I’ll give you a clue, what’s a popular scooter brand?

Vespa... Vespids!

• Like 5

Just now, Gitzdee said:

Vespa... Vespids!

A new edition of Kill team is due out this year. I'd expect AoS 4 late June or early July and Kill team in August. There's been a rumour about Vespids for kill team floating around for a while. 

@Whitefang back me up Is terrain changing for the better? It's been one of the more common complaints about AoS for a while. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Unlike BoC Endless spells and Faction terrain are staying, although how terrain works will be changing. 

Project Star will be releasing very close to project Scooter, although that’s a 40k release. I’ll give you a clue, what’s a popular scooter brand?

Ah! So good to hear about the spells and terrain! I've got a few projects drawn up that'd require both, so I'm glad to hear my wallet can breathe easy for a bit haha

Cool to hear Tau are getting Vespids! They're neat; wonder if Tau isn't getting plastics of their existing friendly species to make way for something new eventually? 👀

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Whitefang back me up said:

👀👀

We did already know that thanks to Valrak, yes, we're getting new vespides, but not before the votann pioneers on foot VS brood brothers kt box

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 1

AFAIK, Valrak mentions Vespid vs. Swooping Hawks KT box, which, I presume, will follow the trikeless Hernkyn Pioneers vs. Brood Brother Kasrkin. The question is: all-flying operatives for the last box of the Bheta-Decima season, the first release of a new one, or the launch box (or early release) of the game's 3rd edition?

28 minutes ago, Chikout said:

A new edition of Kill team is due out this year. I'd expect AoS 4 late June or early July and Kill team in August. There's been a rumour about Vespids for kill team floating around for a while. 

@Whitefang back me up Is terrain changing for the better? It's been one of the more common complaints about AoS for a while. 

As long as they release new fancy terrain it would be for the better 🔥🔥🔥

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Chikout said:

He has no idea what he's talking about, he just wants attention. It is made from rumors from others, Honest Wargamer was the first to say that Beasts of Chaos could be eliminated and the range renewed with another concept.

Something that makes a lot of logic considering that the legacy factions of TOW are not going to release or renew their range in the short term.

If Skaven were to undergo a range revamp like Slaves did, Skaven would be in TOW as a main faction just like Slaves.

• Confused 5

4 hours ago, pitzok said:

We're on a 2 week preorder window (which is really annoying for me personally) so it wouldn't surprise me if they updated the app on the saturday after this one.

Ah yes, forgot about the 2 week preorder window now. Good catch. 

1 hour ago, Peacaf said:

He has no idea what he's talking about, he just wants attention. It is made from rumors from others, Honest Wargamer was the first to say that Beasts of Chaos could be eliminated and the range renewed with another concept.

Something that makes a lot of logic considering that the legacy factions of TOW are not going to release or renew their range in the short term.

If Skaven were to undergo a range revamp like Slaves did, Skaven would be in TOW as a main faction just like Slaves.

I mean I agree* but this IS the rumor thread so even if just sum-ups of previous rumors with a new twist it’s better than nothing(or worse dumb speculations like all 2022-2023 had with everyone having a new soup theory every month ending on Ogors + SoB from a joke tweet about Battletome: Dad Bodes people took seriously 😂)

*I think he played his hand too soon with the TOW rumor of orcs & dawi at the end of January. I don’t think we’re getting dawi at all this year since if you look at the old teaser art it was Bret, TK, Orcs & Empire. Dwarf dice may have been a red herring he fell for.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Vespa... Vespids!

Really hope to see a refresh on their design. The current ones aren't that great imo. 

I'm not particularly a fan of endless spells or faction terrain. They're just off to me. Maybe it's their execution but meh. More so faction terrain. Eh...

Edited by Vasshpit

1 hour ago, Peacaf said:

I wish you were right and I hope you are but there's a nicer way to put that even if I think I would be a total phallic move if he was just making up the beasts rumor. I mean it's pretty much completely killed my interest in the AoS hobby.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I mean I agree* but this IS the rumor thread so even if just sum-ups of previous rumors with a new twist it’s better than nothing(or worse dumb speculations like all 2022-2023 had with everyone having a new soup theory every month ending on Ogors + SoB from a joke tweet about Battletome: Dad Bodes people took seriously 😂)

*I think he played his hand too soon with the TOW rumor of orcs & dawi at the end of January. I don’t think we’re getting dawi at all this year since if you look at the old teaser art it was Bret, TK, Orcs & Empire. Dwarf dice may have been a red herring he fell for.

Actually, I’m pretty sure they had good intel on Dwarfs… just got the reveal date wrong. I’ve got reasons other than the leaked dice to expect Dwarfs will be one of the next TOW releases. 

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

I wish you were right and I hope you are but there's a nicer way to put that even if I think I would be a total phallic move if he was just making up the beasts rumor. I mean it's pretty much completely killed my interest in the AoS hobby.

I wouldn’t call it quits so soon. People have been doomer posting about beasts since 2018 from everything from soup to squat so I hardly see AoS flipping the table on them so hard now of all times after they did so much new art, narratives and a solid rules boost for them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dmorley21 said:

Actually, I’m pretty sure they had good intel on Dwarfs… just got the reveal date wrong. I’ve got reasons other than the leaked dice to expect Dwarfs will be one of the next TOW releases. 

Well it's a one in six chance lol. 

Makes sense to be dwarves to follow the greenskins as natural enemies. 

5 hours ago, Whitefang back me up said:

What about the herdstone?

6 hours ago, Preppikoma said:

AFAIK, Valrak mentions Vespid vs. Swooping Hawks KT box, which, I presume, will follow the trikeless Hernkyn Pioneers vs. Brood Brother Kasrkin. The question is: all-flying operatives for the last box of the Bheta-Decima season, the first release of a new one, or the launch box (or early release) of the game's 3rd edition?

New one, Valrak already commented there are other flying guys on the horizon, like the eldar hawks. And I doubt we'll see two craftworld eldar kts in less than 12 months.

Whitefang back me up seems indeed kinda dubious, all that he has commented so far isnt something that we didnt already know thanks to Valrak, Whitefang and Honest Wargamer

I mean, dont get me wrong, this is the rumour thread and Im gonna comment everything they post either way because Im bored, but if he wants to become a rumour monger, he must give away more mean, something that hasnt been rumoured so far

So, if you dont mind, I throw @Whitefang back me up an interesting challenge: tell us which skaven characters are going to be on the 4th starter box. Clawlord, or grey seers? Both? Or neither of them?

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

I think @Whitefang back me up was the bearer of bad news regarding BoC which is why people are hoping they are full of it. They said we'd see new ToW factions before the end of January. This was a rumour that didn't come from anyone else and turned out to be true. The actual @Whitefang has liked a few of their posts.

They do seem to have some solid info. I'm inclined to believe them, but I really hope they're lying or were misinformed about the BoC stuff. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

2. There are only so many ways to write similar heroes (foot, cav etc) without them looking the same or getting overly complex. They could do stuff like 10 attacks with 1 damage vs 5 at 2, but thats mostly splitting hairs. Making your own character is largely aimed at narrative play now, and I'm not sure I have a problem with that.
3. I don't think this is a problem. Typecasting units by performance (i.e hammer, chaff, anvil, support) is just as viable a method. If anything I prefer this, because it gives more freedom for asymmetrical armies.  There was a bit of an arms race in older editions of wfb/40k whenever a new unit type was introduced as each army would get (or not get) that unit type as well.

2-Not sure about that, we have Range, Attacks, Hit, Wound, Rend and Damage for their basic profiles, and we should add Saves, Wounds, Movement and Bravery too if we want. And we still have basic stuff from Core Rules: Attack First, Attack Last and Ward Save. I think that's a lot more than what other games have and still, our foot heroes doesn't feel unique.

3-I wasn't talking about hammer, chaff, anvil, etc... If a great cannon does less damage than 10 handguns, that's a rules problem because people don't expect that. I don't care which role they give, but they should be easy to understand just by looking at our miniatures. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

If the endless spells and terrain rumours are true, do we expect that GW release them for those factions that don't have them already?

One hopes so. Deepkin have waited unfairly long for some undersea magic plastics that are long overdue(alongside sea knights & battle crabs 🦀) 🌊 

• Like 1