The Rumour Thread

12 hours ago, Doko said:

i am a sc player and i dont want more new units,but also i dont want get replaced my only 8 years olds models allready with new versions.

in fact if i must choose i would preffer new units before replace old units with only 8 years of lyfespan

+++ Mod Hat On +++
Just a nudge - less of the negative attitude. I’m fine with constructive feedback but I’ve noticed your attitude is sliding into the negative area. Just think a bit more about what you are posting!

10 hours ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Want to know what the AOS V4 project name is?

Project Star. 

That sounds like too much thought was put in it. Anybody who has worked on projects at a British company knows the name of the project is something random. I once worked on a project many years ago, called project crisp. It was called that because there were crisps on the table at the project meeting.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Garrac said:

Um, intrigued for the Sunday Preview tomorrow, not a lot of hints have been shown so far. Going ahead on my tau project, (I think I can handle it) so now my interest on the release of the chickens has imcreased.

40k Ork Black Library model will be announced for next week's pre-orders. However, I don't know if that's everything for next week.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Elarin said:

40k Ork Black Library model will be announced for next week's pre-orders. However, I don't know if that's everything for next week.

Warcry or Underworlds perhaps. There is love story in that warband, perfect for Valentines day 😂

• Haha 3

On 1/29/2024 at 12:11 PM, Tonhel said:

I think that is just how GW works now. The background was always a tool to sell miniatures, but nowadays it isn't subtile anymore. Warhammer (TOW) is lucky that the background and characters were created during the eighties/ninties. It was another business model those days. AoS is now rinse and repeat. Introduce a couple of characters give them a fancy model, forget about and repeat with another character with a fancy model. I think/suspect that the plan with AoS 1 was to do the rinse and repeat method with whole armies..

If Warhammer was created now instead of 40 years ago. It would have been a lot more shallow.

I'm very late in replying to this post, which is unfortunately very accurate in its observation, but isn't the lack of depth in the AoS lore covered by the Soulbound RPG ? I ask because I haven't read it (I'm waiting for its hypothetical French translation) and I'd heard good things about it.

I get the impression that GW's strategy at the moment is to abandon the depth of lore in BT/codex and rulebooks and develop it in novels/rpgs. And despite this, quality is generally not as good as it was in 80s and 90s.

It's sad for AoS, which I've defended and enjoyed for years, but this post has, in a way, opened my eyes to a major flaw when you love the lore of GW universes (the same can be said of the recent 40k lore, which is criticised quite a lot despite 40k popularity).

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I'm very late in replying to this post, which is unfortunately very accurate in its observation, but isn't the lack of depth in the AoS lore covered by the Soulbound RPG ? I ask because I haven't read it (I'm waiting for its hypothetical French translation) and I'd heard good things about it.

I get the impression that GW's strategy at the moment is to abandon the depth of lore in BT/codex and rulebooks and develop it in novels/rpgs. And despite this, quality is generally not as good as it was in 80s and 90s.

It's sad for AoS, which I've defended and enjoyed for years, but this post has, in a way, opened my eyes to a major flaw when you love the lore of GW universes (the same can be said of the recent 40k lore, which is criticised quite a lot despite 40k popularity).

Talking about the hypothetical French version. A company that translates GW to Spanish (including Fantasy RP books) contacted Cubicle 7 to translate Soulbound and just to buy the IP they were asking for like 200 or 300k. I think that's the main reason why it hasn't been translated into any language yet.

14 hours ago, Whitefang back me up said:

Could be… what’s Star backwards? 

Its also the eight pointed star.

Next edition the star will be complete with updated rats and chorfs.

Or not because somehow we lost BoC.

Edited by Gitzdee

24 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Talking about the hypothetical French version. A company that translates GW to Spanish (including Fantasy RP books) contacted Cubicle 7 to translate Soulbound and just to buy the IP they were asking for like 200 or 300k. I think that's the main reason why it hasn't been translated into any language yet.

Thanks for this interesting info.

On the French side, Khaos Project, who translate GW RPGs into French, announced last year that they had received the official GW glossary to start translating Soulbound, for which they own the rights.

But that was last April, and since then there's been no news...

15 hours ago, Garrac said:

Um, intrigued for the Sunday Preview tomorrow, not a lot of hints have been shown so far. Going ahead on my tau project, (I think I can handle it) so now my interest on the release of the chickens has imcreased.

Dark Angels, Warcry, Kill Team, Underworlds, Bretonia/Khemri,  Legion Imperialis,...

It is plenty of content until end of March

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Depends on what you view as quality, I'm not an old warhammer fan but I like to look at older warhammer books and media and the stuff from way back I feel has a lot of people wearing rose tinted glasses. It's all incredibly silly, even more silly than newer lore. I think that there isn't much of a quality decrease in lore written today than lore written back then, in some aspects I'd say the writing has matured a bit, the only thing that really bothers me is all the jargon that GW makes up to make things easier to copyright. I personally really enjoyed the narrative of the Arks of Omen campaign and Dawnbringers too, especially some of the short stories that really shine a light on underused characters (I really liked the part when they showed Astreia's childhood, I honestly felt that I could relate to a character from a faction I previously viewed as soulless)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, pitzok said:

Depends on what you view as quality, I'm not an old warhammer fan but I like to look at older warhammer books and media and the stuff from way back I feel has a lot of people wearing rose tinted glasses. It's all incredibly silly, even more silly than newer lore. I think that there isn't much of a quality decrease in lore written today than lore written back then, in some aspects I'd say the writing has matured a bit, the only thing that really bothers me is all the jargon that GW makes up to make things easier to copyright. I personally really enjoyed the narrative of the Arks of Omen campaign and Dawnbringers too, especially some of the short stories that really shine a light on underused characters (I really liked the part when they showed Astreia's childhood, I honestly felt that I could relate to a character from a faction I previously viewed as soulless)

Yeah I agree with this. As a yong  teenager I read the first Bretonnian army book. I thought it was amazing. A couple of years later I read a modern translation of Mort  D'Arthur. A lot of it was exactly the same, almost word for word in places. 

I've read almost every fantasy and AoS campaign book since 4th edition (except the forge world one which I heard were good) and my favourite is Broken realms Morathi. Warhammer lore has always been fun, but I'd never call it legitimately good aside from the odd passage here and there. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

A few years ago, when Soulbound was released, I joined a group of people to translate that book as a fanmade project.  One of the main administrators from that group had a chat with the manager from the same company that translates and sells Warhammer rpg book in spain.

I don't remember exactly the same words but they were something like: "AoS? Are you crazy, I'm not touching it even with a stick".

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Beliman said:

A few years ago, when Soulbound was released, I joined a group of people to translate that book as a fanmade project.  One of the main administrators from that group had a chat with the manager from the same company that translates and sells Warhammer rpg book in spain.

I don't remember exactly the same words but they were something like: "AoS? Are you crazy, I'm not touching it even with a stick".

No way. Tell me they are not "one of those" WHFB fans :(

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Dark Angels, Warcry, Kill Team, Underworlds, Bretonia/Khemri,  Legion Imperialis,...

It is plenty of content until end of March

Ummm you think GW is going to release the next kt so soon? Te latest just came out

It is intriguing tho to wonder when will Legion Imperialis fall, but I'd say it is safe to say they'll come out this month, I guess?

2 hours ago, Draznak said:

Mais c'était en avril dernier, et depuis, plus aucune nouvelle...

Baguette friend !

Khaos Project has said in december that Soulbound could be release that year. Wait and See

2 hours ago, pitzok said:

J'ai l'impression que la stratégie de GW pour le moment est d'abandonner la profondeur de l'histoire du BT/codex et des livres de règles et de la développer dans des romans/jdr. Et malgré cela, la qualité n’est généralement pas aussi bonne qu’elle l’était dans les années 80 et 90.

I don't think so, Battle had three of RPG edition (the two importants were 1th and 2th) with a lot of supplements. If you read only the Army Book of Empire 8th, you will find nothing. Seriously. 

I think that AoS has most details in their battletome, most than battle in 8th.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

Are those that are currently translating TOW?

17 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I’d settle for AoS 4 or 5 giving some much needed reinforcements to the Bonereapers who have a 20 unit range. Any Death faction beyond that either just got a bunch of stuff (FEC) or isn’t nearly in need. 

I think its only logical that the next Death update is Ossiarchs Wave 2.

I could very well see Death and Destructions updates this Edition being an Ossiarch Wave 2 and Ogor Mawtribes refresh.

Single mini updates for the rest of Death and Destruction with the slightest possibility of a Mancrusher update for the Sons, if not they miss out this Edition which is fair enough.

Skaven refresh and Chaos Duardin releases for Chaos with updates to Tzeentch and a small update to Nurgle.

Order will recieve the largest with new Stormcast and Wave 2 for Fyreslayers, Idoneth and Cities of Sigmar with Lumineth getting a small update as well.

My predictions have been made. HAVE AT ME @Whitefang

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I think its only logical that the next Death update is Ossiarchs Wave 2.

I could very well see Death and Destructions updates this Edition being an Ossiarch Wave 2 and Ogor Mawtribes refresh.

Single mini updates for the rest of Death and Destruction with the slightest possibility of a Mancrusher update for the Sons, if not they miss out this Edition which is fair enough.

Skaven refresh and Chaos Duardin releases for Chaos with updates to Tzeentch and a small update to Nurgle.

Order will recieve the largest with new Stormcast and Wave 2 for Fyreslayers, Idoneth and Cities of Sigmar with Lumineth getting a small update as well.

My predictions have been made. HAVE AT ME @Whitefang

These predictions are pretty realistic. Games always have at least a sizeable release for every Grand Alliance every edition.

For Death, FEC have already been done, NH are pretty big, I could see Ossiarch wave 2 or a small SBGL release with new grave guards.

Destruction I think it's gonna be Ogres because of the new gorgers. But Gitz and Warclans are popular armies so I they'll always get something (fingers crossed for Bonesplitterz)

Order, SCE get their obligatory beginning of edition wave, hopefully it's not 100% new units and it's updates to AoS1 SCE sculpts. And Cities needs more waves to feel more complete, we're missing Tyrion and his Lumineth, and obv Malerion, and FS need a big upgrade, and IDK and KO need small upgrades, and Kurnothi... If I were to pick which ones will happen for 4th I'd say Cities wave 2, FS wave 2 and Kurnothi because of their role in Dawnbringers. For Tyrion & Malerion we just don't know. 

Chaos already has a lot on its plate with Chorfs and Skaven but yeah I'd like a Nurgle and Tzeentch upgrade. And also I'm willing to bet Beasts get a range refresh next edition.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

These predictions are pretty realistic. Games always have at least a sizeable release for every Grand Alliance every edition.

For Death, FEC have already been done, NH are pretty big, I could see Ossiarch wave 2 or a small SBGL release with new grave guards.

Destruction I think it's gonna be Ogres because of the new gorgers. But Gitz and Warclans are popular armies so I they'll always get something (fingers crossed for Bonesplitterz)

Order, SCE get their obligatory beginning of edition wave, hopefully it's not 100% new units and it's updates to AoS1 SCE sculpts. And Cities needs more waves to feel more complete, we're missing Tyrion and his Lumineth, and obv Malerion, and FS need a big upgrade, and IDK and KO need small upgrades, and Kurnothi... If I were to pick which ones will happen for 4th I'd say Cities wave 2, FS wave 2 and Kurnothi because of their role in Dawnbringers. For Tyrion & Malerion we just don't know. 

Chaos already has a lot on its plate with Chorfs and Skaven but yeah I'd like a Nurgle and Tzeentch upgrade. And also I'm willing to bet Beasts get a range refresh next edition.

Hoping for Beasts range refresh as well, if they do I think itll be 3.0 Sylvaneth sized as having Skaven refreshed and Chaos Duardin released is already quite a bit.

I could also see Tyrion coming this Edition at the end of the cycle in the new Narrative. Building towards Malerion in 5.0.

• Like 1