The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

So BoC are being removed from AoS?

The Whitefangs are dropping bombs today.

I dunno, Whitefang normally reacts with a heart if someone's right about something. Not a thanks. And his own post has been related to Stormcast not BoC

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Ok, what if the one that is killed by Korghos (prior to winning his ascension) is Gavriel trying to save/ saving Vandus? It would be a clever move. You put back an old character, give him some love and his pinch of fame, and remove one scroll in one blow. At the same time with that plot you kind of discover what is going on with Vandus.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, EonChao said:

I dunno, Whitefang normally reacts with a heart if someone's right about something. Not a thanks. And his own post has been related to Stormcast not BoC

At this point, having faith on BoC is pure copium.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, EonChao said:

He gave me once a 'Thanks' when I mentioned that Kurnothi are just Kurnoth worshipers, not fauns and centaurs. Some time after we got Belthanos... so I think this argument is not solid enough. Which would be sad.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Ok, what if the one that is killed by Korghos (prior to winning his ascension) is Gavriel trying to save/ saving Vandus? It would be a clever move. You put back an old character, give him some love and his pinch of fame, and remove one scroll in one blow. At the same time with that plot you kind of discover what is going on with Vandus.

It would make sense considering the abysmal treatment that Gavriel got in the 3.0 SCE battletome, leading him to be completely forgotten for the entire duration of the edition :( so basically, if no one has bought him for his rules during the past 3 years, it's quite OK to cut him from the battletome

So, what was the mainstream opinion?
- BoC will be completely removed from AoS; gors and ungors will be merged into the other Chaos armies. <- @Whitefang, say "Thanks"
- BoC will evolve by the grace of Morghur, becoming something completely different from the traditional beastment (thus, in practical terms, being removed from AoS). <- @Whitefang, say "Like"

Edited by Someravella

34 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I don’t want to sound too pessimistic…

But futures doesn’t look bright.

Wowowowowo

DW 4 spoilers:

Spoiler

Astreia is down

Vandus seems to be going crazy, Gavriel is in risk aswell? What about Aventis? He's in Hammerhall. And the Celestant Prime?

ARE THEY GONNA MURDER ALL THE HAMMERS OF SIGMAR PJS?

Oh my god GW, give it to me, give me tragedy, give me drama. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Wowowowowo

DW 4 spoilers:

Hide contents

Astreia is down

Vandus seems to be going crazy, Gavriel is in risk aswell? What about Aventis? He's in Hammerhall. And the Celestant Prime?

ARE THEY GONNA MURDER ALL THE HAMMERS OF SIGMAR PJS?

Oh my god GW, give it to me, give me tragedy, give me drama. 

Among other interesting bits:

"Vedra has even ordered the cogforts on the offensive."
and
"A half-finished shell of black stone piercing the clouds like a needle through pale cloth, similar in design to the buildings of the Relictor temples...the duardin who were working on it"

Cogforts and dispossessed coming soon*coping*

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Someravella said:

- BoC will be completely removed from AoS; gors and ungors will be merged into the other Chaos armies. <- @Whitefang, say "Thanks"
- BoC will evolve by the grace of Morghur, becoming something completely different from the traditional beastment (thus, in practical terms, being removed from AoS). <- @Whitefang, say "Like"

I cant find the like of wf  "for Boc will evolve by the grace of morghur" bit. could you show me?

5 hours ago, Gutsu17 said:

They still use chariots, even if most beastmen think its a bit too much

4 hours ago, Davariel said:

Is it morally justified to use advanced technology like chariots, if they are only used for the purpose of toppling civilisation? It's a question Beastmen philosophers have been grappling with for centuries.

Or at least it would be, if Beastmen had any philosophers to speak of.

In the novel Broken Honour, a Beastlord has some of his ungors build chariots to attack the approaching army. Then he kills the ungors because building stuff is gross.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Augusto said:

I cant find the like of wf  "for Boc will evolve by the grace of morghur" bit. could you show me?

It's instructions to the 'Fang - if option a) is correct please react with a thanks, if option b) is correct then pleasr react with a like...

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

image.png.373787969fbbba3cee58c390e9475982.png

Call the Judge! Grand Justice Gormayne Weighs in on Tabletop Disputes - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

That's a cool artwork! Is it part of the new BT? I haven't checked it yet, but seems the BTs quality is increasing lately.

Yes the art is in the battletome, a lot of the hq's get these kinds of portraits with lore detailing them next to the portrait. (Sorry for the bad photos)

20240202_173530.jpg

20240202_173540.jpg

20240202_173546.jpg

20240202_173552.jpg

20240202_173604.jpg

20240202_173608.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 5

Think that The Old World sort of gave us a pretty good road map of the future of both itself and AoS. We pretty much can guess what the future holds for both games with what factions will get removed or added.

Crazy to think that we know what is coming for both games for the next couple of years. Unless GW decides to change their mind which I hope is the case!

CsKw43KLHs5Rr4ot.jpg.3769d2e19b4aec72bcba4280eda86dda.jpg

old-world-legacy-factions-header.jpg.d3663777f4810228306160f0cea3576f.jpg

• Like 2

This going to read like pure copeium, but why would BoC be any different to StD, Freeguild, 'Ardboyz etc with AoS getting new sculpts and the old models remaining in production for TOW? Like Lizardmen and Skaven, Beastmen are one of those things people look at and instantly think "Games Workshop(tm) PLC" and we know how obsessed modern GW is with it's IP.

Also, we didn't get the new Beastlord that long ago. I know that doesn't necessarily save an army (Silver Tower comes to mind here), but it'd still be strange. I just can't see them going the way of the dodo.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

I don’t want to sound too pessimistic…

But futures doesn’t look bright.

You know what ? Good. There’s a lot of named SCE heroes in Hammers of Sigmar, I would like it if GW would “trim the fat” a bit an actually kill one or two. Like, without reforging or anything. I’d be a big “holy ******” moment when a character with a plastic model is killed off. And Garviel is not really that known apart from being broken once…

Or maybe you’re referring to the big black tower. In all cases, it’s good to see more grimdark in AoS. One of the best moments in Broken Realms was when Belakor took the Sigmarites to poundtown with the cursed skies and Vindicarum. It’s good to see the good guys get beaten up by the bad guys, so they have to get back up.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Clan&#x27;s Cynic said:

This going to read like pure copeium, but why would BoC be any different StD, FEC, 'Ardboyz etc with AoS getting new sculpts and the old models remaining in production for TOW? Like Lizardmen and Skaven, Beastmen are one of those things people look at and instantly think "Games Workshop(tm) PLC."

Also, we didn't get the new Beastlord that long ago. I know that doesn't necessarily save an army (Silver Tower comes to mind here), but it'd still be strange. I just can't see them going the way of the dodo.

Because people like baseless speculations

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

Think that The Old World sort of gave us a pretty good road map of the future of both itself and AoS. We pretty much can guess what the future holds for both games with what factions will get removed or added.

Crazy to think that we know what is coming for both games for the next couple of years. Unless GW decides to change their mind which I hope is the case!

CsKw43KLHs5Rr4ot.jpg.3769d2e19b4aec72bcba4280eda86dda.jpg

old-world-legacy-factions-header.jpg.d3663777f4810228306160f0cea3576f.jpg

That and what was, or was not included in the newest Cities of Sigmar Battletome in my opinion

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

This going to read like pure copeium, but why would BoC be any different to StD, Freeguild, 'Ardboyz etc with AoS getting new sculpts and the old models remaining in production for TOW? Like Lizardmen and Skaven, Beastmen are one of those things people look at and instantly think "Games Workshop(tm) PLC" and we know how obsessed modern GW is with it's IP.

They also still have endless spells and a terrain piece, which are quite specific for AoS. Maybe it's just the name Beasts of Chaos that's going, with a slew of new models? Just like how Legions of Nagash got morphed into Soulblight Gravelords.

EDIT: The Beastlord is even mentioned in today's Warcom article.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, pitzok said:

Yes the art is in the battletome, a lot of the hq's get these kinds of portraits with lore detailing them next to the portrait. (Sorry for the bad photos)

20240202_173530.jpg

20240202_173540.jpg

20240202_173546.jpg

20240202_173552.jpg

20240202_173604.jpg

20240202_173608.jpg

Wow, even the King with the Delusion crown. Awesome!

• LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Snarff said:

They also still have endless spells and a terrain piece

I'm feeling that maybe all endless and terrains are going away aswell, but that is pure speculation by my side.

Edited by Ragest

2 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I'm feeling that maybe all endless and terrains are going away aswell, but that is pure speculation by my side.

All terrains are about to be removed and thats why GW released a mawmpit for ogres?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Someravella said:

A mix of both. Old Beasts, merged. Army = new concept.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gutsu17 said:

Among other interesting bits:

"Vedra has even ordered the cogforts on the offensive."
and
"A half-finished shell of black stone piercing the clouds like a needle through pale cloth, similar in design to the buildings of the Relictor temples...the duardin who were working on it"

Cogforts and dispossessed coming soon*coping*

Lets put those cogforts on the offensive of the minis production line 🤑

• Like 3