The Rumour Thread

30 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

1 - Early March/ late March
2 - Rest of the stuff, MTO quite soon. Popping for sale on weeks here and there. For new stuff like the Orcs and Gobs we would have to wait at least a month, IMO. Restock, according to my third store seller, "in a few weeks". And he mentioned it like a week ago or a bit more. He called GW.

There are more kits for stores of Khemri/Bretonnia before Orcs and Goblins, ToW is not coming that fast. I don't expect a new ToW faction that soon, most of the rumours thar are talking about a fast release are not very trustful.

EDIT: Most of the people are forgetting a lot of games that have a lot of content that must be released as soon as possible that was delayed because the PL problems

Edited by Nezzhil

5 minutes ago, Glutos said:

how would you fit him into aos?

Quite easily I imagine, he is a Daemon Prince so is immortal and should have survived the destruction of the OW. He also fits thematically into AoS as he has fairly strong ties to Sigmar himself, and thus could probably be fairly easily reintroduced to the setting.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Quite easily I imagine, he is a Daemon Prince so is immortal and should have survived the destruction of the OW. He also fits thematically into AoS as he has fairly strong ties to Sigmar himself, and thus could probably be fairly easily reintroduced to the setting.

Precisely. They've got proper one-on-one beef. Perfect to bring back! 

1 hour ago, Sabush said:

If he gets a Daemon Prince model, people will start to care ;)

I dunno, it's less about Khul per se (just read his backstory, kinda reminded me of Kratos in a broad sense), it's just that he has a decent model and we got new DPs recently...

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Maybe there are no more reveals in a while for AoS

Interesting. What will they do during the wait for adepticon, tho? it's too early to release the kroots. i guess they'll go with orks and custodes? Those are just one mini each tho. And it's also too early to release the new kt, alltho the schedule looks so broken that who knows.

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Interesting. What will they do during the wait for adepticon, tho? it's too early to release the kroots. i guess they'll go with orks and custodes? Those are just one mini each tho. And it's also too early to release the new kt, alltho the schedule looks so broken that who knows.

Maybe all in with TOW MTO and reprints?

Just now, Garrac said:

Old World, Necromunda, Blood Bowl and 40k are games that can have news soon.

Legion Imperiales have a bunch of kits to be released so I expect one or two weeks more for that game.

I don't have the calendar of releases updated but we have content for two months at least

• Like 1

Just now, Nezzhil said:

Old World, Necromunda, Blood Bowl and 40k are games that can have news soon.

Legion Imperiales have a bunch of kits to be released so I expect one or two weeks more for that game.

I don't have the calendar of releases updated but we have content for two months at least

Oh, I didn't realise they still have to release stuff for Epic, lol

Also, I guess there's also missing the Solar Auxilia release, but I dunno if that's for the first third part of the year

1 minute ago, Garrac said:

Oh, I didn't realise they still have to release stuff for Epic, lol

Also, I guess there's also missing the Solar Auxilia release, but I dunno if that's for the first third part of the year

The amount of material yet to be released for Epic is absurdly huge.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

AoS needs to start building up its own cast of characters that people care about at some point. I think giving Ionus and Khorgus Khul new, cool models is a good step in that direction. Nobody would likely care if they didn't get new models, but picking up their narrative from the Realmgate Wars again is a good way to avoid the whole "This new guy who came out of nowhere is actually super important to the setting" situation.

This, the lore has been really poor in this edition IMO, many characters are still massively underdeveloped (Kragnos) and yet GW carry on adding new ones out of the blue, like Belthanos, without any foreshadowing.

I understand that their job is to sell new models but it would be nice to incite us with a stronger background story. I’d like to care about these new heroes and the fates of the two dawnbringer crusades but somehow I  can’t be bothered. To me, it feels like I am just reading a series of battle reports with many deus ex machina - here is god x and y, they do sth then they are gone.

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

This, the lore has been really poor in this edition IMO, many characters are still massively underdeveloped (Kragnos) and yet GW carry on adding new ones out of the blue, like Belthanos, without any foreshadowing.

I understand that their job is to sell new models but it would be nice to incite us with a stronger background story. I’d like to care about these new heroes and the fates of the two dawnbringer crusades but somehow I  can’t be bothered. To me, it feels like I am just reading a series of battle reports with many deus ex machina - here is god x and y, they do sth then they are gone.

I think that is just how GW works now. The background was always a tool to sell miniatures, but nowadays it isn't subtile anymore. Warhammer (TOW) is lucky that the background and characters were created during the eighties/ninties. It was another business model those days. AoS is now rinse and repeat. Introduce a couple of characters give them a fancy model, forget about and repeat with another character with a fancy model. I think/suspect that the plan with AoS 1 was to do the rinse and repeat method with whole armies..

If Warhammer was created now instead of 40 years ago. It would have been a lot more shallow.

• Like 6
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I think the upcoming schedule for AoS, underworlds and Warcry is pretty clear. 
February is Dawnbringers 4, soulblight underworlds and Warcry Lumineth vs Nighthaunt.

Thats quite a lot of AoS related stuff due in February (winter). I wouldn’t be surprised if something slips until the start of March. 
March will be Dawnbringers 5 which we have seen, nothing for underworlds or Warcry.

At Adepticon  and not before we will see the next war bands for Warcry, the next starter for Underworlds, Dawnbringers 6 and maybe something for 4th edition. 
April will see Dawnbringers 6 release as well as the next underworlds box. 
May will see the next Warcry warbands. 
Then in June we get the 4th edition preorders. 

The big question is Warhammer Fest. With the next Golden demon after Adepticon not happening until October in Germany, is Warhammer Fest cancelled this year. Was last year such a s******w that they have given up this year? I would have expected Warhammer Fest to be the big coming out party for 4th edition as it was for 2nd edition but that’s pretty up in the air now. 
All this is to say that I wouldn’t expect to see much for AoS on any upcoming Mondays. If the Darkoath update is substantial, we might get a Monday preview of a character at some point. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sigmarusvult said:

The error about this narrative I would say is that it is closely tied to one faction. If you are not a fan or you don't like that faction, the narrative could turn a bit boring.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I think that is just how GW works now. The background was always a tool to sell miniatures, but nowadays it isn't subtile anymore. Warhammer (TOW) is lucky that the background and characters were created during the eighties/ninties. It was another business model those days. AoS is now rinse and repeat. Introduce a couple of characters give them a fancy model, forget about and repeat with another character with a fancy model. I think/suspect that the plan with AoS 1 was to do the rinse and repeat method with whole armies..

If Warhammer was created now instead of 40 years ago. It would have been a lot more shallow.

I just came back from a TOW thread on reddit where people where the majority opinion was "It is good that there are (nearly) no characters in TOW right now, actually". It's actually super funny seeing people take the completely opposite position on here. Not making a point or criticising anyone, just noticing the difference.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

This isn’t true though. Most of the characters we know now were introduced in the nineties. The first army book didn’t come out until Fantasy was 10 years old in 1993. The first novels featuring those characters didn’t come out until the 2000. Nagash and Sigmar didn’t get a novel until 2008. Tyrion and Teclis didn’t get their own novels until 2011. Almost all characters got a page  or two of lore in the army books and that was it, which is pretty much the same as it is now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

I dunno, it's less about Khul per se (just read his backstory, kinda reminded me of Kratos in a broad sense), it's just that he has a decent model and we got new DPs recently...

We're approaching the end of the first decade of AoS, Vandus, Ionus and Khul were the first characters we really delved into at the start so it makes sense from a narrative perspective to revisit them here with new models representing how they've changed to show the progression that's happened in the story.

49 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Assuming they reveal nothing between now and Adepticon they can still pack a bunch of stuff in. For February we need the Solar Auxilia box, Lumineth and Nighthaunt Warcry box, Soulblight Underworlds warband, and possibly the Kroot box as well. Then they could easily fill March with Dawnbringers V, the full Dark Angels release, the rest of the Solar Auxilia and the Custodes and Ork codexes and battleforces, plus maybe the Orcs and Goblins stuff for TOW. And that's assuming they don't have a release weekend solely dedicated to some new Necromunda and Blood Bowl resin stuff.

They've also shown in the past they can go from preview to preorder pretty quickly so it wouldn't be unrealistic to get the rest of the Kroot previewed at Adepticon and released in April.

• Like 9