The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

At this point it wouldn't shock me if they had put unreleased units into the battlescroll and would rather wait than remove them.

100% the case imo

or there’s some kind of big event soon which they don’t want to shake up

Edited by JackStreicher

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

At this point it wouldn't shock me if they had put unreleased units into the battlescroll and would rather wait than remove them.

In both AoS and 40k lol?  With all the delays I could totally see this being the case.

The fact that we will never know the ****** up makes me sad.

1 minute ago, RyantheFett said:

In both AoS and 40k lol?  With all the delays I could totally see this being the case.

The fact that we will never know the ****** up makes me sad.

They confirmed in a facebook comment the dataslate is next week.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ferban said:

This would be a really cool way to visually distinguish the Morath DoK from the rebel DoK.  Morathi side could be snakes, bat wings, and monstrous stuff.  The rebel DoK could be feathered wings and have a separate aesthetic.  I like the idea of pro-Morathi and anti-Morathi factions having their own distinct look. 

idk, I'd like to be able to use all units in the pool for either subfaction, since that's what they are

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

The meta watch article says “soon” and next month for the battle scroll and also mentions factoring in LVO results…which is probably not amazing news for command corps stonks.

As long as they make them unique it should be fine.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

As long as they make them unique it should be fine.

It feels like it’d be pretty harsh to make a unit unique when it wasn’t before, anyone who had multiple are gonna be left with pretty useless models. I’d much rather it be 0-1 with 1 additional per Freeguild marshal on foot, or just 1 per freeguild marshal on foot.  

I understand penalising people who absolutely spam a unit, but two copies (when most of the models have two build options) is a bit of a low bar. This is from someone who owns one command corps.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

It feels like it’d be pretty harsh to make a unit unique when it wasn’t before, anyone who had multiple are gonna be left with pretty useless models. I’d much rather it be 0-1 with 1 additional per Freeguild marshal on foot, or just 1 per freeguild marshal on foot.  

I understand penalising people who absolutely spam a unit, but two copies (when most of the models have two build options) is a bit of a low bar. This is from someone who owns one command corps.

From my pov the only model with really two assemblies is the arch-knight. The rest are just head swaps and the herald has also just one arm swap.

6 hours ago, lele said:

Here are spider, and ossiarch rumour

jlbgtgktb1lb1.jpg

wywzpsk5AUCefXnu.jpg

True, and I was also expecting to the see the morghast with the most recently revealed warcry boxset or dawnbringers 4, but that didn't happen, and we got another death faction instead. For the current season, it seems unlikely to me to get two death factions in a row, as we've had 3 order factions, I'd expect a 4th for the final box this season.

There is indeed a Spider rumour engine, but considering how close that is to an arachnarok head, I'd be surprised if it turned up in S2D rather than GSG.

Even given that data, it seems unlikely to happen in dawnbringers 6, as opposed to the characters already in that narrative. Certainly not impossible, but weird and disappointing

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

So surely this Sunday they announce Dawnbringers IV for Pre Order on Feb 3rd? Like...surely? With another 2 books due before June I think Feb will be Book IV, March Book V and April Book VI.

Its Broken Realms all over again!!

I'm doubting book 6 is even a thing and not just a wish at this point.  They might be building up to the chaos release being the skaven in 4e

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flying_dutchman said:

I'm doubting book 6 is even a thing and not just a wish at this point.  They might be building up to the chaos release being the skaven in 4e

I mean that would require ending the Dawnbringers storyline on a book that's primarily about a ghoul insurrection in Hammerhal instead of the Crusades themselves. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

I mean that would require ending the Dawnbringers storyline on a book that's primarily about a ghoul insurrection in Hammerhal instead of the Crusades themselves. 

Not necessarily. They can potentially finish out the crusades in book 4 which is likely with urshoran striking back in book 5 and leading into 4e.  We already know the general plotline of how the ghyran crusades going to go thanks to Warhammer plus.  Maybe the asqhys will succeed in db4.  On maybe db5 makes them both fail.

9 minutes ago, flying_dutchman said:

Not necessarily. They can potentially finish out the crusades in book 4 which is likely with urshoran striking back in book 5 and leading into 4e.  We already know the general plotline of how the ghyran crusades going to go thanks to Warhammer plus.  Maybe the asqhys will succeed in db4.  On maybe db5 makes them both fail.

I think the fact that we know chaos marauders (at least horsemen) and the Lady of Ruin are coming out means there can't not be a book 6. There's no other release window where they'd be able to come since the 4th edition launch set will be the first AOS release after Dawnbringers ends. Also, GW would never announce a final box in a series like this without talking about how it is the final book. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I think the fact that we know chaos marauders (at least horsemen) and the Lady of Ruin are coming out means there can't not be a book 6. There's no other release window where they'd be able to come since the 4th edition launch set will be the first AOS release after Dawnbringers ends. Also, GW would never announce a final box in a series like this without talking about how it is the final book. 

Valid points.  I just personally can't see 3 more books being released in the little  time we have in 3rd. It seems like 4 is extensively delayed.  (Like a lot of gw stuff the past few months.)

47 minutes ago, flying_dutchman said:

I don’t remember there being anything about the Ghyran crusade failing or succeeding in the lore video? 

Remember that 40k’s latest ‘into the new edition’ campaign also didn’t really end with something relevant to the new edition’s ’big threat’ as it did with Broken Realms of Psychic Awakening. 
We’ve been aware of 5 books for a long time too - and a sixth book would need a lot of lead up time for that to have changed.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

I'm in favour of making the command corps UNIQUE because it allows it to stay powerful and exciting. It also fits the fluff of the unit better.

Tournament grinders who bought two sets between their release in November and now can go sell the extra models on ebay, as is custommary in their unique and beautiful culture.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 1