The Rumour Thread

31 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Back to Skaven rumors. Makes total sense they'd update clanrats even if the models look ok because of course the clanrats would have to be in the launch box - and they're not going to put old models in the launch box!

Yeah, you'd assume that they'd want them as new push fit models in the box at the very least.

Just now, SG Warhound said:

Singapore Warhound🐺

NEW:

A magnificent warrior with black-fur.🐀

A warlord with crimson armor and trophy rack.👺

Has an unnaturally loyal and obedient personal bodyguard regiments.🫡

だれだ?🤪

... Queek?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SG Warhound said:

Singapore Warhound🐺

NEW:

だれだ?🤪

image.png.304c278167d8e799c86ed7dcd11392d4.png

• Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 9

Just now, SG Warhound said:

Singapore Warhound🐺

NEW:

だれだ?🤪

No way Queek comes back. Thorgrim laid the grudge smackdown on him in End Times (honestly one of the few good moments of End Times was seeing the Dwarfs open the vaults and reliquaries, get stacked with runic weapons and take the Skaven to poundtown). However, a spiritual successor to Queek in AoS, like a new Skaven warlord who's actually not a coward...

Also thank the Horned Rat new Stormvermin seem to be a thing. I hope they redo the Plague Monks and Clanrats also.

• Like 3

Have they really reincarnated Queek? Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but seems rather unoriginal. Besides, he should be already the top verminlord warbringer and spend his time hunting the souls of dwarfs and goblins for fun.

• Like 1

Yeah I'd say Queek is definitely a WFB character, this sounds similar but will be more AOS styling which should be cool.

I was thinking about the returning TOW factions and how much I missed them which made me see just how distinctive AOS has made the factions. Intrigued to see Skaven get their turn!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Or... this is completely a fake leak.

I mean, it would be weird to have him coming back, Queek's death is one of the few deaths in End Times that isn't (very) polemic

He's like the second most iconic skaven ever known just behind Thanquol, but in the skavendom we're most expectant of Ikit Claw's return. Unless the "new warlock" bit means him, I guess.

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 1

Personally, I am very much against bringing back more and more random Fantasy characters. What we have now is fine. A few important people became gods, some demons are still around and Nagash brought back a bunch of his pals. For everyone else, just invent cool new guys. Especially if the old characters were just, like, a powerful warlord or something.

• Like 21

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Personally, I am very much against bringing back more and more random Fantasy characters. What we have now is fine. A few important people became gods, some demons are still around and Nagash brought back a bunch of his pals. For everyone else, just invent cool new guys. Especially if the old characters were just, like, a powerful warlord or something.

A good example is the Marshal leading the Ghyranis crusade. Is not a normal human, also she leading part of the plot. Has all the chances to get a mini (if she survives xD)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Agreed, people point to kragnos as a reason to use old characters instead of new ones but we've gotten so many great new characters for aos, lots more creative design space than just cashing in on nostalgia.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Just now, Luperci said:

Agreed, people point to kragnos as a reason to use old characters instead of new ones but we've gotten so many great new characters for aos, lots more creative design space than just cashing in on nostalgia.

Maybe it's just because I have limited knowledge and nostalgia for WHFB lore, but I absolutely do not care about random fantasy C-listers (get out of here with your Egrimms von Horstmanns). To me, when they return, it's like that Star Wars "here is the story of Han Solo's iconic vest" thing. It makes the universe feel super small.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Completely agree except for the suggestion of Queek being generic, bro had a personality, a narrative arc, a friend (a skaven friend!) and all. All that was explored on his novel, but Im totally 100% ok with him staying dead. His story has already been told, while Ikit Claw has more things to explore now that he's on AoS. (in fact, he's the only skaven in AoS that has actually got some character development on the whole setting, lol)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Maybe it's just because I have limited knowledge and nostalgia for WHFB lore, but I absolutely do not care about random fantasy C-listers (get out of here with your Egrimms von Horstmanns). To me, when they return, it's like that Star Wars "here is the story of Han Solo's iconic vest" thing. It makes the universe feel super small.

Another upvote. I don't mind to have the same archetype in AOS, but not the same character. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Luperci said:

Lmao, that is such a “focused on the tree and missed the forest” strawman(straw-taur?) moment.

”Oh, this new smashy god of Destruction isn’t very fleshed out yet, all warhammer characters have to come out fleshed out & interesting from the get-go with no years of build up.

I’ll just ignore the dozen more interesting characters that sprung up around him like the dragon prince brothers with opposing methods & attitudes but united in saving their lost race or the Mouth of Mork with a very unique skill to speak any language which he uses to manipulate both a confused ancient god with a dead language and his own people acting as a translator so he gains all the power over both.

But nah, smashy destro warhammer god #45, so AoS has no interesting characters. I won’t bother looking further for my judgement.”

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 9

Not having enough "AoS-Specific" Characters is a real problem for the game and setting IMO. Each of the factions should have a character of note for each of the 8 realms at least. It would help flesh out each of the realms and it would also be great fodder for more Black Library AoS novels, of which there is a severe lack IMO. I really liked how the CoS touched on each of the realms within their Battletome and would like to see something similar in other faction battletomes, not only detailing significant settlements, but characters making an impact there. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Not having enough "AoS-Specific" Characters is a real problem for the game and setting IMO. Each of the factions should have a character of note for each of the 8 realms at least. It would help flesh out each of the realms and it would also be great fodder for more Black Library AoS novels, of which there is a severe lack IMO. I really liked how the CoS touched on each of the realms within their Battletome and would like to see something similar in other faction battletomes, not only detailing significant settlements, but characters making an impact there. 

Still waiting on Ogor Mawtribes to get a model for one of their two named characters in the setting!!

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Still waiting on Ogor Mawtribes to get a model for one of their two named characters in the setting!!

Man, every time I look at the CoS warhulk or the gorger mawpack I do get excited to see how their glow up turns out. I'm all for the standard base size of an ogor being a 50mm. 🤘

Throw in some lady ogors for good measure. 

If it turns out well I'm here for it. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Personally, I am very much against bringing back more and more random Fantasy characters

I like the narrative progression. Look at Eltharion for instance, such an amazing re-imagining of a tragic old world hero. If it was just a new character, it would in no way be as evocative.

Would love to see Queek return as some sort of rat daemon prince. 

• Like 5