The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'd love this. It's one of the few old terrain pieces I am still trying to get.

Although I think for most players, the Fortified Manor would be a bigger seller.

The Manse is nice and all, it’s scale is off however. (It’s partially a little too smallI: Doors, inner space etc. - I own one) still a nice model.

I‘d like the manor though!

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

Noway that they will feature those old ugly sculpts with the rest of the updated Skaven. Look at the underworld warbands, impossible that they will let these beauties be on the same table as those ugly very outdated monkey rats. If those rumours are correct. The ninja rat unit will either get a new plastic set through Warcry or the unit will be removed / changed to something else. But I can't imagine GW will keep selling these when Skaven 4th edition hits.

Yeah, I find it shocking too. I guess there's a strong possibility they get renewed in warcry, as you say. I mean, after the new assassin and the eshin underworlds warband, I'd have said it was 100% sure that we will get new gutter runners. 

But both Nezzhil and White Fang are clearly well informed, so it's either warcry or just an incredible dumb decission from GW.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Are we getting a Verminlord in the core box?  Also I was kind of hoping for an Eshin or Pestilens themed box. This feels like it could be a retread of the 8th edition box which was cool but doesn't exactly have the new and exciting vibe that I've enjoyed about AoS. Let ToW have the nostalgia. 

Now that you point it out, I just fell: if skavens are getting such a huge revamp, why not revamp them all and leave the old minis for TOW in a suported faction? Like, I dunno, if you're gonna chop and update until a 90% of your catalogue is 100% new, why not make a skaven army for TOW called something like "Old rats" and let people still buy the Seb Perbet baseline minis? Seems like a very logical move since the Evil forces in TOW are 1 less, and nowadays there are a lot of skaven fans coming from vermintide or Total War that want to play TOW...

1 minute ago, Jator said:

Yeah, I find it shocking too. I guess there's a strong possibility they get renewed in warcry, as you say. I mean, after the new assassin and the eshin underworlds warband, I'd have said it was 100% sure that we will get new gutter runners. 

But both Nezzhil and White Fang are clearly well informed, so it's either warcry or just an incredible dumb decission from GW.

I am not well informed. I heard a few things months ago.

9 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Now that you point it out, I just fell: if skavens are getting such a huge revamp, why not revamp them all and leave the old minis for TOW in a suported faction? Like, I dunno, if you're gonna chop and update until a 90% of your catalogue is 100% new, why not make a skaven army for TOW called something like "Old rats" and let people still buy the Seb Perbet baseline minis? Seems like a very logical move since the Evil forces in TOW are 1 less, and nowadays there are a lot of skaven fans coming from vermintide or Total War that want to play TOW...

Truth be told there are a number of good looking rats from the old world that still fit into aos perfectly.

while we can certainly state that clanrats are less jumping and so on as some of the underworld warband, we do have to remind ourselves that you’ll be taking a 100+ of those models and for that they look perfect.

so some models do fee pretty well made even for aos, although considering the skaven range that’s mostly some heroes and 2 core infantry units. (Clanrats and stormvermins) (and anything that came out in end times, as well as the doomwheel and warplightning cannon/ plague claw catapult) the rest really is in a need of an update

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Oh boy. I would love that they relaunch the Baleful Realmgates.

Please.  They're such a thematic objective for aos.  I'd love a box for my personal collection.  I didn't start collecting terrain until I bought my house.  Although some of the old "whfb" terrain is also on my wishlist.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jator said:

A moulder one? 

I guess a Skryre or Moulder one.

Or maybe a centerpiece model.

Now thinking about it, maybe Moulder gets the new behemot and skryre the new verminlord.

Edited by Ragest

38 minutes ago, flying_dutchman said:

Please.  They're such a thematic objective for aos.  I'd love a box for my personal collection.  I didn't start collecting terrain until I bought my house.  Although some of the old "whfb" terrain is also on my wishlist.

Buying your own house is definitely a nice (and expensive) way to start collecting terrain.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Truth be told there are a number of good looking rats from the old world that still fit into aos perfectly.

while we can certainly state that clanrats are less jumping and so on as some of the underworld warband, we do have to remind ourselves that you’ll be taking a 100+ of those models and for that they look perfect.

so some models do fee pretty well made even for aos, although considering the skaven range that’s mostly some heroes and 2 core infantry units. (Clanrats and stormvermins) (and anything that came out in end times, as well as the doomwheel and warplightning cannon/ plague claw catapult) the rest really is in a need of an update

Yes, but if I were to trust the rumours (which I don't) GW would be planning to revamp clanrats and stormvermins, which would make this enough of a revamp to justify renaming a faction of skavens for TOW. Why not do it then? Studio rivalry?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, flying_dutchman said:

I want a new set myself, mainly because the originals were cast in the horrendous plastic used for the early AoS and some 40K terrain, which was a nightmare to glue and paint.

Edited by RetconnedLegion

I don't think they'll put skaven in warcry that fast if they're getting the starter box

Look at kruelboys, they had the starter box and additionals in other boxes, but did not get into warcry until 2023

they did get put in the harrowdeep core box which was half a year affter dominion, so maybe the skaven'll have a new warband half a year after 4th launch?

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Yes, but if I were to trust the rumours (which I don't) GW would be planning to revamp clanrats and stormvermins, which would make this enough of a revamp to justify renaming a faction of skavens for TOW. Why not do it then? Studio rivalry?

we don't know what they're doing for chaos warriors yet.

Maybe they'll do it for skaven if they also re-release the old warrior and knight boxes

Just now, Glutos said:

I don't think they'll put skaven in warcry that fast if they're getting the starter box

Look at kruelboys, they had the starter box and additionals in other boxes, but did not get into warcry until 2023

they did get put in the harrowdeep core box which was half a year affter dominion, so maybe the skaven'll have a new warband half a year after 4th launch?

No please, Gw, please, change the rules of nature if needed, just update the ninja monkeys, is that too much to ask? Just one thing!!!

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Are we getting a Verminlord in the core box?  Also I was kind of hoping for an Eshin or Pestilens themed box. This feels like it could be a retread of the 8th edition box which was cool but doesn't exactly have the new and exciting vibe that I've enjoyed about AoS. Let ToW have the nostalgia. 

I don't think so. Other core boxes did not include the center piece (e.g., Norn emissary for Tyranids, or Corpse-vulcha for KB)...

Unless there is something bigger...

1 minute ago, Someravella said:

I don't think so. Other core boxes did not include the center piece (e.g., Norn emissary for Tyranids, or Corpse-vulcha for KB)...

New Behemoth is on the list. 

6 minutes ago, Someravella said:

The original quoted post by @Chikout was disliked by whitefang btw

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Buying your own house is definitely a nice (and expensive) way to start collecting terrain.

Having a spare bedroom that got converted to a gaming/hobbying room as opposed to my small apartment that had a roommate made me start a wargaming board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flying_dutchman said:

Having a spare bedroom that got converted to a gaming/hobbying room as opposed to my small apartment that had a roommate made me start a wargaming board.

Uhhh. I want to do it at some point as well. I am officially jealous!

I think its mostly just educated guessing at this point. It makes sense with a range refresh to start with the core units. With my limited Skaven knowledge it seems like GW prefers Skryer, Verminus and Moulder as the default Skaven subfactions. That would leave them with plenty of room for future releases like Eshin and Pestilens. I get why people want Eshin models to get updated, but i dont think it makes that much sense from a business perspective.