The Rumour Thread

51 minutes ago, Whitefang back me up said:

I await your apology in June then! 

Also Old World Stuff, we’ll be seeing some Dwarf and Orks And Goblin stuff before the months end. 

Define "stuff", because the dice cannot count as a leak 😄

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

I am personally open to anything, but I think what most of the chaos dwarfs players would choose is to keep their current aesthetic. Imo is one of the things that is most attractive from them for many users.

I don't think there are a lot of actual Chaos Dwarf players left at this point. Personally, I would hope for a reimagining that keeps the core elements (babylonian influences, industrial age), but is as different from the old models as the Freeguild is from the Empire.

• Like 8

How likely is it that Chaos Dwarves will just follow the standard release pattern of

Launch Box
1-2 Heroes
1 Battleline
1 Cavalry/Other Unit

Release
1 Centerpiece
2-3 Additional Heroes
1 Other Battleline
1 Other unit

If it looks like this what do you think the Chaos Duradin would get? I would love to see the return of the Fire Elementals but the Lammasu and Bull cavalry seem more likely right? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Holy moly. The end of the Horus Heresy, can't believe it's finally here. 

Makes you wonder what they'll replace it with. I'm sure they'll do the scouring, but they're still running out of road pretty quickly. 

Badab War maybe?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Im honestly interested! Never really followed it, but seeing the confrontation between the emperor and horus in context will be cool!

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I am personally open to anything, but I think what most of the chaos dwarfs players would choose is to keep their current aesthetic. Imo is one of the things that is most attractive from them for many users.

My rough estimation is that „most of the chaos dwarfs players” means 6 or 7 individuals worldwide. GW can really get creative here.

• Haha 1

i wonder what excuse will Black Library find to keep expriming the golden cow

But, I must say, as a hopeless desire, that Id wish for the whole Heresy affair to end now so that the BL focuses on other stuff, like more Fantasy books. Give Thanquol back to CL Werner!

• LOVE IT! 1

34 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

How likely is it that Chaos Dwarves will just follow the standard release pattern of

Launch Box
1-2 Heroes
1 Battleline
1 Cavalry/Other Unit

Release
1 Centerpiece
2-3 Additional Heroes
1 Other Battleline
1 Other unit

If it looks like this what do you think the Chaos Duradin would get? I would love to see the return of the Fire Elementals but the Lammasu and Bull cavalry seem more likely right? 

Daemonsmith and some Type of Captain

Chaos Dwarf Infantry (Shooting and CC, Like Ironbreakers)

Hobgrot Riders (Maybe not Wolves but Hob Hounds?)

Lammasu/Taurus Kit with Sorcerer/Captain/Named Character

Named Foot Sorcerer/Hobgrot Hero/Enslaver Captain

K’daai Unit

Artillery Kit with Multiple Build Options

Inaddition to these I’d add the exaisting Hobgrots and Horns of Hashut

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't think there are a lot of actual Chaos Dwarf players left at this point. Personally, I would hope for a reimagining that keeps the core elements (babylonian influences, industrial age), but is as different from the old models as the Freeguild is from the Empire.

Personally betting the leader in a mech suit becomes a common unit(with more advancements) for one.

AoS is all about turning the dial up, has a lot better tech and chaos duardin spent eons in the Realm of Chaos. I imagine many have stone bodies now but use magi-tech to get around it.

Would be amazing if AoS4 ends up the big mech fight we’ve been wanting. Set in the Realm of Metal with new Stormcast ruination chamber lightning “dreadnoughts”, Ironweld Cogforts, new Kharadron aircraft & Gholemkin vs Skryre mechanical horrors, Khornite ascended daemon engines and Chuardin super mechas & armored siege gargants. 🤖 💥 

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, mawhis117 said:

Makes you wonder what they'll replace it with. I'm sure they'll do the scouring, but they're still running out of road pretty quickly. 

Badab War maybe?

How funny would it be if they made a Warhammer The Old World series ending in the siege of Praag.

• LOVE IT! 2

57 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

They really should end it with a massive plot twist.

Just wait until they reveal who has actually been on the Golden Throne for 10,000 years! 🤣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EntMan said:

They really should end it with a massive plot twist.

Just wait until they reveal who has actually been on the Golden Throne for 10,000 years! 🤣

Wait a minute gang! If the Emperor has been in the Ministorum the entire time, then whose been sitting on the Golden Throne?!....

CATO SICARIUS!?

42 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Personally betting the leader in a mech suit becomes a common unit(with more advancements) for one.

AoS is all about turning the dial up, has a lot better tech and chaos duardin spent eons in the Realm of Chaos. I imagine many have stone bodies now but use magi-tech to get around it.

Would be amazing if AoS4 ends up the big mech fight we’ve been wanting. Set in the Realm of Metal with new Stormcast ruination chamber lightning “dreadnoughts”, Ironweld Cogforts, new Kharadron aircraft & Gholemkin vs Skryre mechanical horrors, Khornite ascended daemon engines and Chuardin super mechas & armored siege gargants. 🤖 💥 

Sounds horrible. Dreadnoughts, aircraft, super mecha's. You do know that 40K exists? ;) 

19 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Who wants mechs lol

Who doesn’t?! 😄

And best thing about the Mortal Realms is Mechs don’t even have to be Metal.

image.jpeg.eaa1810129570054aee69e37c4f1941b.jpeg

GW-PreOrder-Oct27-Mortisan5mdrfc.jpg

image0.jpg?ex=65a776c1&is=659501c1&hm=a9

But of course metal has appeal too..

DyG0gLmU8AAeDzT.jpg

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Sounds horrible. Dreadnoughts, aircraft, super mecha's. You do know that 40K exists? ;) 

And AoS gives us the best of both universes. ;)

(Broken Realms did have Kharadron with aircraft carrier airships launching steampunk bi-planes, would be awesome speed units glass cannons)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 8

1 hour ago, mawhis117 said:

Makes you wonder what they'll replace it with.

I'm not overly 40k /30k fluent but there's been wispers of "prime-orks" even from the likes of Valrak and wasn't there some big war with them where initially orks were massive compared to current standards, like the one that damn near slayed the emperor? 

Perhaps this is were 30k goes?... Idk.