The Rumour Thread

35 minutes ago, madmac said:

That's a little worrying, not gonna lie. They weren't even an especially old warband.

I'm not surprised and can see all underworld warbands going to legends as it solves the problem of having a warscroll entry in a battletome without the models being available. 

Also cuts down on the amount of redundant warscrolls, stormcast and nighthaunt must have 5+ underworld warbands. 

Legends is the right place for them, can still be used in casual friendly games just not in tournaments where I doubt they'll be seen as a great loss. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Legends is the right place for them, can still be used in casual friendly games just not in tournaments where I doubt they'll be seen as a great loss. 

This is what people always say, but I've honestly never seen anyone even contemplate playing anything with Legends rules. As the warscrolls never get updated they very very quickly drop off to the point where it's just kinda punching yourself in the crotch to try and do anything with them.

In any case, it's a new development. Underworld Warband rules were evergreen up to this point even if GW has already started rotating the models. Even if it was an inevitable development, it's another mental checkmark for me not to go out of my way to buy into underworlds unless I have a very good reason.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Danaork said:

Here my dear !

Screenshot_20231202_170240_YouTube.jpg

Thank you dear @Danaork! Okay let's see here..... bats are called nightshriekers.... apparently cackle like hyenas and dishes out fear and mortal wounds.... battle line with gore warden..... flight and the ability to retreat and charge... count as three for securing objectives....and new godbeast lore dropped. My conclusion: THE SKIES OF LONG LOST NEHEKHARA SHALL WELCOME THE SPAWN OF MORBHEG!!!!!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Damn, there goes my dream of making an army out of multiple varghulf courtiers… the warscrolls look pretty rad all in all though. 

Whilst you'd still need some battle-line you could still take 6 of them in a 2K army. You'd just be very limited on leader support elements. 
I think its one way GW has tried to allow the Courtier to be strong but without quite stepping on the toes of the terrorgast and zombie dragon. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

The Purity seal makes me think Empire/Sigmar/Imperium, but the skele-banner is on fire......

Maybe some magical effect ? Or a faith demonstration by... flagellants ? 😀 

I know : hope is a first step on disappointment way...

Anyway, as i like Imperium, COS or any religious "warhammery" thing, I really like what I see with this purity seal.

• LOVE IT! 1

34 minutes ago, madmac said:

This is what people always say, but I've honestly never seen anyone even contemplate playing anything with Legends rules. As the warscrolls never get updated they very very quickly drop off to the point where it's just kinda punching yourself in the crotch to try and do anything with them.

In any case, it's a new development. Underworld Warband rules were evergreen up to this point even if GW has already started rotating the models. Even if it was an inevitable development, it's another mental checkmark for me not to go out of my way to buy into underworlds unless I have a very good reason.

Did anyone buy them just to take in a Age of Sigmar army as the actual warscroll? 

My guess is people bought them to play underworlds, use as alternative sculpts or as a painting project with a tiny, tiny minority using them in AoS, which as I said they still can other than tournaments. 

Not much of a downside here really, with the alternative being they don't get put into legends and the rules just disappear. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

What puzzles me is that this could as well be AoS (Death, Cities) but also 40k with Sisters (who get their codex next year) or something Imperium.

It's the crossbone seal that really gets me with this one. 40K iconography is very well defined, and I don't think they have any factions that use that. I'm going to blindly guess CoS, but honestly I have no idea on this one.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Day 2 :

image.png.d84baea2ed672061b1240b5b1e798aaf.png

First a Vampirate Parrot then a member of the crew.

Is the iron cross not a black templar thing, also don't they use flamers? I can imagine this being a heretic being burnt by a Black Templar. 

Alternatively this could be something from the rumoured second wave of Sigmar Cultists from CoS.

• Haha 1

Don't think it's mainline 40k. Cross shaped seal would only make sense for Inquisition or Templars, and neither of them are rumoured to be getting anything. The forked paper could fit Templars, but they use metal seals instead of wax.

Spoiler

image.png.7d7ee64013275b31c85ce89f40767f5f.png

Spoiler

image.png.501790f6d832b9add248e4c315bde5be.png

Spoiler

image.png.dedbf94f93ac9e2207b0b9629aacf668.png

The cross shape could fit Cities (surprise flagellants to go along Callis and Toll? Devoted Cities vs Morai-Heg DoK battlebox based on day 1?), although we have only seen 2 shapes so far (fabric square with a nail through it and an "S" shaped wax seal on Galen), but maybe this for some fancy flaming Flagellant standard bearer? Forked paper also fits all other Cities seals.

Remember, I have absolutely no Cities or AoS bias.

Spoiler

image.png.a2b1cffe59fcfd902400aaf158e2190c.png

Spoiler

image.png.b9cc49f163d62cb62b63dbfc4a7d9b8e.png

Spoiler

image.png.7a6e12b994c738290ea1b547b9adf9d4.png

Only other thing that could maybe fit would be Cawdor for Necromunda, but their design is pretty consistent (square paper with nail through it, doesn't look like the RE). Only thing having me thinking this is the metal pipe through which the skeleton is skewered.

Spoiler

image.png.ed020ac1ab7bf208a6361422222c8140.png

Spoiler

image.png.9a03373bf80f98da0b73355992cc0ba3.png

Spoiler

image.png.97f8f4af2edd41601dbf22dbe7247584.png

So overall, I'd say this is for the next Necromunda starter set of (Insert faction) vs Cawdor Rereredemptionists.

Edited by Asbestress
Tried to remove extra img
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1