The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Someravella said:

I do not like that the lore for Destruction factions in GW are often simplified to "we do not like civilisation and we only want to break things". Imo, they do not have a proper reason to be that way.

At the end, Destruction consists of those mythological creatures that do not fit Death, Chaos or Order (orcs, trolls, ogres, goblins, etc.).

Would be reasonable to have some sort of lore event that change the core behaviour of the destruction factions? Like Gorka Morka turning the orcs into a constructuive civilization? I think is quite complicate to change something that is so big in the roots of the faction.

I dont get why people think fighting is all that Destruction does. They do trade, work as mercenaries, have religion, have strongholds and leaders. They just dont try to have some higher calling most of the time. They do have Waaaghs but to my understanding are they pretty rare. Skragrott and Gordrakk and Gobsprakk are whole other beasts entirely. And we got Kragnos. Destruction doesnt like to bow down to the other Grand Alliances, and gives them all a reality check from time to time to show them whos boss.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 7

37 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Would be reasonable to have some sort of lore event that change the core behaviour of the destruction factions? Like Gorka Morka turning the orcs into a constructuive civilization? I think is quite complicate to change something that is so big in the roots of the faction.

I meant that they need a more complex reason than simply "break and destroy Order". They want to do that, but why? Kill "weak" gods as a ritual? Kill "Order" to free their "enslaved" beings? Kill other factions because their are expansionist and imperialist will transform their homeland at dome point?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Gotta say I hope we have mini centaur faction. Kraggy looks so out of place in almost every destruction army.

Would love to see full units of dragon ogor-sized centaurs. Some with bows, some with spears. Centaurs riding centaurs etc.

True! 

Gw could just coming out with a sort of Drogrukh " varanguard " which accompany Kragnos in his rides.

Considering Kragnos is already 720 points , probably with 9/12  buddy ponies players can reach a  2000points standard full Drogrukh list . 

cWZe5U6.png

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

40 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I dont get why people think fighting is all that Destruction does. They do trade, work as mercenaries, have religion, have strongholds and leaders. They just dont try to have some higher calling most of the time. They do have Waaaghs but to my understanding are they pretty rare. Skragrott and Gordrakk and Gobsprakk are whole other beasts entirely. And we got Kragnos. Destruction doesnt like to bow down to the other Grand Alliances, and gives them all a reality check from time to time to show them whos boss.

Yeah, I always thought of Destruction factions as Anarchist and having a society (or tribes) with a "survival-of-the-fittest" philosophy (a very direct and brutal meritocracy).  Much like how Order wants to establish, well, their kind of order and do not shy away from cruel to downright evil acts if the ends justify the means. And so on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Someravella said:

I meant that they need a more complex reason than simply "break and destroy Order". They want to do that, but why? Kill "weak" gods as a ritual? Kill "Order" to free their "enslaved" beings? Kill other factions because their are expansionist and imperialist will transform their homeland at dome point?

But they do.
Brodd is out for revenge because of Sigmar slaying Behemat, as are a lot of gargants. Gloomspite Gitz are being spurred into action by Rabblerousers because Dawnbringers have the nerve to try colonising  underground cave systems. 

Destruction factions have more motivation than just “let’s break stuff for the sake of it”.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, EntMan said:

Annoying 2 week pre-orders. I'm impatient for my new stick men and bugs!

What are we expecting in the Week in Warhammer article today?

probably legions imperialis, possibly admech codex. Don't think there's any unreleased aos stuff that's been revealed right now?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RetconnedLegion said:

But they do.
Brodd is out for revenge because of Sigmar slaying Behemat, as are a lot of gargants. Gloomspite Gitz are being spurred into action by Rabblerousers because Dawnbringers have the nerve to try colonising  underground cave systems. 

Destruction factions have more motivation than just “let’s break stuff for the sake of it”.

Yeah, destruction really aren't that dismilar to order, feels to me they're just the living/uncorrupted peoples that refuse to bow down under sigmar and the other order gods. That being said I can't see there ever being a human, aelf or duardin destruction faction; don't think GW will want to blur the lines between the two too heavily(to a new player destruction is just the greenskins and ogres 'alliance') but maybe I'll be proven wrong.

5 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Because these narrative stories rarely portray them as anything more than endlessly raging mooks. It's similar to how humans/Cities are almost defined by their role as cannon fodder. Technically they both have intricate societies and motivations, but you'd never know it most of the time.

Edited by Mutton
  • Like 2

Just now, Mutton said:

Because these narrative stories rarely portray them as anything more than endlessly raging mooks. It's similar to how humans/Cities are almost defined by their role as canon fodder. Technically they both have intricate societies and motivations, but you'd never know it most of the time.

Yeah this is a common AoS problem. There is this unknown reading up on lore requirement if u want to know more about the mortal realms. Its part of the fun for me, but it can make things feel shallow for new players.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Yeah this is a common AoS problem. There is this unknown reading up on lore requirement if u want to know more about the mortal realms. Its part of the fun for me, but it can make things feel shallow for new players.

My by far biggest issue with AoS Factions is that they feel very flat and superficial.

It‘s the one thing WHF did a better job of.

To summarize what I mean.

CoS - Victims and fodder

Idoneth - A faction of Dou**ebags (in every Novel as well), not much to them

DoK - Would never work as a society xD single-minded (stupid) blood lust

Vampire Counts - good, yet very shallow in contrast to their depiction in WHF

Orks - Whatever? Foaming, quite dumb?

ogres - same as orcs but hungry

In WHF factions were more nuanced with a lot more depth (the same goes for battle descriptions, which in AoS mostly read like a children story with Characters acting out of character to push the story into a predictable direction)

That‘s just my opinion and I‘ll  get a lot of disagreement for it ^^

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

23 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

My by far biggest issue with AoS Factions is that they feel very flat and superficial.

CoS - Victims and fodder

In WHF factions were more nuanced with a lot more depth (the same goes for battle descriptions, which in AoS mostly read like a children story with Characters acting out of character to push the story into a predictable direction)

I have not enough knowldege to agree or disagree, but could be possible that it is an outcome of the way ppl (specially youngest) tend to comsume quicker and easier content?

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

CoS - Victims and fodder

I haven't really read much aos black library but I feel like in general my view of each faction is more positive than what you described. In aos more than whfb, factions feel like archetypes more than set places and civilizations to me, with the exception of specific subfactions. The mortal realms are a lot bigger than the old world and I think that's kind of the point, they just need to make them feel less empty which they've been doing a good job of more recently imo.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Baz said:

2 weeks until further notice 

So the release schedule, according to rumours would be:

18/11 - BFs.
02/12 - 40 Codex
16/12 - Imperialis

Always considering that they don't change this 2 weeks preorder thingy and that December doesn't have some sort of weird hiccup.

• Like 1