The Rumour Thread

29 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

There are 7 factions right now.

🩸 ☸️👑☠️💘🏙️🐀...

This is why I've never been any good at cryptic crossword.

Khorne and S2D, FEC and OBR, then DoK?, CoS and Skaven, maybe?  Though I don't know where the books would split in that case.

• Like 2

A lot of people assumed there would only be 4 books for arks of omen since we only had a roadmap showing 4 but as we now know they made more, I assume this series will be at least 5 books, with the possibility of a 6th, if skaven are part of this I imagine it’ll be a large single model to lead in to the new edition

Edited by Deakz28
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

A lot of people assumed there would only be 4 books for arks of omen since we only had a roadmap showing 4 but as we now know they made more, I assume this series will be at least 5 books, with the possibility of a 6th, if skaven are part of this I imagine it’ll be a large single model to lead in to the new edition

A 6th book is an option I dind't consider, but seeing how slow we progress trougth the narrative, every book I see it more plausible.

34 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

This is why I've never been any good at cryptic crossword.

Khorne and S2D, FEC and OBR, then DoK?, CoS and Skaven, maybe?  Though I don't know where the books would split in that case.

This would be my guess too and it broadly matches with the rumours so far. 

@Nezzhil Have you heard whispers about a 5th book or is all this getting packed into book 4?

Just now, KingBrodd said:

Worried as in they pose a threat? Kruelboyz Wave 2?

Worried about how GW are gonna treat the concept of two different games when Spiderfang/Bonesplitterz and a few other units are still roaming with the Greenskins Old World revamp coming on 2024 :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

Worried about how GW are gonna treat the concept of two different games when Spiderfang/Bonesplitterz and a few other units are still roaming with the Greenskins Old World revamp coming on 2024 :(

Poor Beastmen and Slaves. At least Undeads, Ogres, etc... are not part of the Core Factions

34 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I honestly don’t think you need to worry about Bonesplitterz. They’ve made a warband for them, and haven’t moved any army to legends fully that had received some support. I could see them getting a refresh in 4th like IJ just did.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Worth remembering that Bonesplitterz had a Battletome in early 1.0, at a time when they were at their most giddy about squatting armies. While I'd never doubt GW's willingness to have a range executed, between that and the afore mentioned Underworlds warband - a relatively recent one at that - may point to them, probably, being safe.

Gloomspite randomly getting a modernised version of Goblin Wolf Riders (after the Underworlds warband at that) makes me think the same thing could happen for the Spiderfang, especially when I would argue they fit the 'dank cave dwellers' theme better than Snarlfang Riders do.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Worth remembering that Bonesplitterz had a Battletome in early 1.0, at a time when they were at their most giddy about squatting armies. While I'd never doubt GW's willingness to have a range executed, between that and the afore mentioned Underworlds warband - a relatively recent one at that - may point to them, probably, being safe.

Gloomspite randomly getting a modernised version of Goblin Wolf Riders (after the Underworlds warband at that) makes me think the same thing could happen for the Spiderfang, especially when I would argue they fit the 'dank cave dwellers' theme better than Snarlfang Riders do.

Bonesplitterz could dissapear as a faction and the new kits be the "exclusive" Big Waaagh models.

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I see this having a lot of chances. We got the 12 factions limit, and Death is the one lacking factions on that list count.

We got so far:

1 - Maggotkin of Nurgle.
2 - Flesh-eater Courts.
3 - Fyreslayers.
3 - Gloomspite Gitz.
4 - Orruk Warclans.
5 - Stormcast Eternals.
6 - Silvaneth.

We have strong hints about Slaves to Darkness and Blades of Khorne. That would be 8.

With SBGL and OBR we would go into 10 and Death would be pairing the rest of the factions in terms of coverage.

We could count Trugg as Troggoth as 7th (sub) faction ?

Yes , I think we have strong hints of :

8)STD - Lady of ruin

9) Khorne - either Scyla or Valkia 

10) DoK - Morai heg

11)Obr - Morghast hero 

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I feel like if Bolesplitterz were on the chopping block, Big Waaagh would be right next to them.

Big Waaagh with just Kruelboyz and Ironjawz would feel strange imo.

Yeah Ironjawz getting their own battletome supplement and AoR in Dawnbringers 2 is not exactly making Big Waaagh stronger as a concept in my mind.

In general I think people are getting way too carried away with the whole "TOW is going to steal every WHFB model" craze, just like how everyone was soup crazy for a while in late 2nd edition and it didn't turn into anything. They are loads and loads of WHFB models in AoS still, it would take GW years to try and replace them all, I don't think even all of 4th edition is enough. What we're seeing is just the TOW team capitalizing on armies that are easy layups, either because they were completely replaced with something else in AoS, or because 3/4ths of their original model line was taken out of production and can be spun up easily enough to get things moving for them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I feel like if Bolesplitterz were on the chopping block, Big Waaagh would be right next to them.

Big Waaagh with just Kruelboyz and Ironjawz would feel strange imo.

On the recent Lore, Bonesplitterz are more like -the crazy prophets- of the Big Waaagh and they are shown less and less alone as a faction.

EDIT: The Rondhol campaign is an example where the Big Waaagh leader expel the Bonesplitterz for the Kruleboyz

Edited by Nezzhil

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Don't worry my friend : spiderfang and bonesplitterz will stay in AoS.  :)

Old world greenskins will be basically the models discontinued in 2019 , plus a few new minis coming in august 2024

Spoiler

WjpZD9Q.jpg

Edited by cyrus

2 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Old world greenskins will be basically the models discontinued in 2019 , plus a few new minis coming in august 2024

Reveal hidden contents

WjpZD9Q.jpg

That's not completely accurate.

40 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I always assumed that the Savage Orcs had this Battletome because, at that time, they had a reasonably new model line. Personally I think that the Underworld band (which I own) is not a convincing argument and I would't advise anyone to invest in Bonesplitterz at the moment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, cyrus said:

We could count Trugg as Troggoth as 7th (sub) faction ?

Yes , I think we have strong hints of :

8)STD - Lady of ruin

9) Khorne - either Scyla or Valkia 

10) DoK - Morai heg

11)Obr - Morghast hero 

Imo Trugg is not counting as a faction per se. Specially thinking that Callis and Toll are around as well as possible faction (CoS). Even Skaven has a little chance as a prelude for 4th ed.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Reveal hidden contents

WjpZD9Q.jpg

Even if this is true, I think we can all agree that, sooner rather than later, all/most the WHFB models would be removed. Even if it is just based on a purely aestethics/time factor.

Also, I saw talks about how the time to remove factions was first edition, or how this hint or another is the reason for X or Y to stay or go. Imo AoS is still too young. First ed can almost be discarded from the equation as not even the team knew what they were doing.

Some movements were done to make the playerbase happy, like CoS release, during the 2ed, which is almost yesterday in terms of relative time. So I would say there's plenty of room for drastic changes like big chunks of models being removed, factions squated or renamed, and anything like that.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Flippy said:

Personally I think that the Underworld band (which I own) is not a convincing argument and I would't advise anyone to invest in Bonesplitterz at the moment.

People say this a lot, but the fact is Underworld has not produced any models for cut factions in all the years it has been around. There are no Greenskin, Wanderers, High Elf, Freeguild, etc models. It was very noticeable for CoS in particular because they didn't get a single warband until the new human aesthetic was figured out. Suggesting that GW took the time to create new Savage Orc designs for no purpose at all just a few years ago is not a convincing argument, imo. If they are planning to remove Bonesplitters now they would have known before that warband was green lit.

• Like 2