The Rumour Thread

47 minutes ago, KingKull said:

I'm hoping there's also Lizards wave 2.

IIRC there was a highly accurate rumor monger who predicted new temple guard & bigg dino before the new release but it never materialized.

Judging by his track record (pretty much all the stuff that came out toward the end of 2022/beginning of 2023 for both main systems), it seems to me that W2 is likely.

Also, leaving temple guard as they are would be a bad look.

Seraphon wave 2 certainly seems likely. Saurus Guard need new models, and we have already seen plenty of Skinks in warbands and other kits (eg. Slann) that are a brand new style.

I'm hoping they also release a new Eternity Warden and Razordon, since those were unceremoniously cut from the 3rd ed battletome. This could be because they don't want to sell finecast since wave 2 is coming relatively soon, or it could be because they have no intention of ever selling those units again and want to remove all the finecast from their AOS catalogue over the next few years.

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Wasn't there a mention of Kroak in the Seraphon box, or was that just speculation here?

He said:

Chaos Warriors (including lord on horse, named character knights and warriors)
Seraphon (including a Slann, Kroxigors, Saurus Warriors and new mounted)

Bonereapers (no contents)

Soulblight (no contents)

But it's not something he's been clear on. Could be Kroak, could be just a Slann

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hawke said:

Yes please for Beasts of Chaos,

To be fair there are some sculpts that I can live with if I have to: Bestigors, Gors, Cygor/Ghorgon, Brayshaman.

Some I'd be ok to be cut entirely: Razagor, Cockatrice, Chimera, Chariots, Warhounds.

And some that (in my opinion are integral to the BoC schtick) and deserve a refresh: Centigors, Bullgors + Doombull, Jabbaslythe, Dragon ogors + Shaggoth, Chaos Spawn.

I'd be more excited to see anything new they can come up with, to me the BoC are a dark mirror to the Sylvaneth, they want the realms to be verdant and bountiful, they just want the Chaos-mutated version of that... I would love to see more of the nature twisted and turned monstrous, and the sinister "things that live in the woods" vibe reflected in their models. More models that I could imagine conducting dark pagan rituals around herdstones and snatching, twisting and transforming remote villages into their image, like the short story we got about the tales of the BoC transforming people. I want to see beastmen who can plot, scheme and infiltrate in order to bring down civilization, as I think this would give them more narrative opportunities and some amazing new minis.

Beasts and Ogors are the 2 Factions to me that NEED their range updated to reflect their lore.

2 hours ago, KingKull said:

IIRC there was a highly accurate rumor monger who predicted new temple guard & bigg dino before the new release but it never materialized.

Judging by his track record (pretty much all the stuff that came out toward the end of 2022/beginning of 2023 for both main systems), it seems to me that W2 is likely.

Absolutely I think a Wave 2 is coming!!

• Like 7

5 hours ago, KingKull said:

Hoping you're right too. 

Would love both of those things soo much. 

• Like 1

So many races would benefit from even single-unit releases with their battletomes over more foot heroes, but the profit margin for them is probably lightyears apart. Keeping seraphon as an example, imagine how much less effort it takes to design one fancy saurus guy vs a squad of ten and then be able to sell it for almost the same amount.

But with Sylvaneth, Ironjawz, and potentially FEC (if it's not just new ghouls), there's still hope for other factions to get proper expansions... eventually.

Spoiler

And I think we've all got plenty of backlog to work through in the meantime lol

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

So many races would benefit from even single-unit releases with their battletomes over more foot heroes, but the profit margin for them is probably lightyears apart. Keeping seraphon as an example, imagine how much less effort it takes to design one fancy saurus guy vs a squad of ten and then be able to sell it for almost the same amount.

But with Sylvaneth, Ironjawz, and potentially FEC (if it's not just new ghouls), there's still hope for other factions to get proper expansions... eventually.

Hide contents

And I think we've all got plenty of backlog to work through in the meantime lol

While that is true a squad can be sold multiple times to the same person while a foot hero will only be sold once most of the time

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, rattila said:

That is so dwarfy! Ahaha!

what do we think will be in the possible ossiarch christmas box? Morghast / mortek catapult / ossifector / mortek guards?

If you want my honest expectation if we get a Crawler + Morghast? Two Morghast, a Crawler, a Harvester, an Ossifector, Soulmason, and 20 Mortek Guard. It’s a decent core (Mortek + Harvester+Mason), an alright hammer (Morghast) with a centerpiece (Crawler) and a gimmick unit to pull them together (Who might actually see some use if the upcoming Morghast unit is any good). 

9 hours ago, EonChao said:

He said:

Chaos Warriors (including lord on horse, named character knights and warriors)
Seraphon (including a Slann, Kroxigors, Saurus Warriors and new mounted)

Bonereapers (no contents)

Soulblight (no contents)

But it's not something he's been clear on. Could be Kroak, could be just a Slann

Ah thank you, I must have just mixed up the Slann for Kroak as so many boxes lately have emphasized named characters. Still an interesting box. Still hopeful that the Tomking toad makes it into the box.

I am a little sad that I have no need for more Chaos Knights or Chaos Warriors. Not battleforce for me this year... which is good cause I have a backlog to get to and a new Stormcast dragon piquing my interests. 

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Ah thank you, I must have just mixed up the Slann for Kroak as so many boxes lately have emphasized named characters. Still an interesting box. Still hopeful that the Tomking toad makes it into the box.

I am a little sad that I have no need for more Chaos Knights or Chaos Warriors. Not battleforce for me this year... which is good cause I have a backlog to get to and a new Stormcast dragon piquing my interests. 

Kroak was rumoured a while ago exactly because they focused on big named characters last year. They are still doing big centerpiece kits this year for nearly all the 40k boxes (Norn Emissary, Rogal Dorn, Angron, Hekaton Land Fortress, Kill Rig) but not just single use named characters. Also since the Belakor themed box doesn't seem to include Belakor himself but Eternatus instead its not guaranteed to be a big model just likely. 

• Like 3

Honestly I could see it being Kroak and then one box each of Saurus, Kroxigor and one of the two new cavalry kits. It matches the Imperial Guard box value wise roughly. But so does a Slann, 2 boxes of Saurus, Kroxigor and one of the new cavalry kits so it's kind of a coin toss which it could be.

11 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Beasts and Ogors are the 2 Factions to me that NEED their range updated to reflect their lore.

This for BoC. Just have any sort of dynamism in the sculpts, to reflect the raiding / hit and run, or lean into the twisted mutation aspect.

Instead we have what (to me) feels like t-posing Gor and Bestigor coordinating axes.

Forever waiting for Skaven and BoC lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I think there is hope for Kroak. Valrak doesn't really pay attention to AoS, so it is very possible that he just listed down Kroak as a Slann. As I recall in his video on the boxes he could hardly remember even what Slann were called, let alone the name of their unique character.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, recently we had all the talk about Book 3 being release X week or Y week. Aren't we missing today's story and another one before having it in preorders?

image.png.af0009eace47e294b3fdb89403e9889e.png

This actually makes it more likely it’s this Sunday’s preview and then goes for pre-order next Saturday.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, recently we had all the talk about Book 3 being release X week or Y week. Aren't we missing today's story and another one before having it in preorders?

image.png.af0009eace47e294b3fdb89403e9889e.png

The day after the fourth story was the preorder for book 1 the day after the eight was book 2 and next weeks Saturday would be the day after the 12th story so if it keeps the pattern up we should be getting a preorder announcement on Sunday

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2

After thinking and analyzing the recent kruleboyz updates since army of renown  are a thing , I really think more and more that kruleboyz will get their army of renown based on beast breaka tribes . I dont think its only a coincidence that mannok (breaka boss from breaka tribes) just got its stand alone box for AoS , and new warcry warband is also from breaka tribes … 🧐

As other new warcry warband are part of their faction army of renwon , i bet kruleboyz will be soon too . (Maybe next underworld warband will be for breaka tribes too?)

If I’m right , both kruleboyz and ironjawz will have new entries and new army of renown , which maybe means they will have 2 different BT in V4

• Like 3