The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

if the monsta killaz were battleline I'd run them over 10 man gutrippaz literally every time, unfortunately they aren't.

I like them but they might be tough to squeeze into lists, KB don't tend to have a lot of wiggle room.

I'm no competitive player, and tend to build "White Dwarf" armies, so I will find a way to squize them in my lists! 

The models are both gorgeous, sinister and funny (the "Ninja-turtle-eggs-stealer-gobbo that voluntarily gets eaten by monster to make them puke is peak Warhammery grimdark comedy!), so I will find them a place 😆

Jokes aside, I still think they might have a real strategic place, being kinda punchy on their own.

Playing just one unit is having a really nice tool, and if there is no monster, they will always poison something to death with all their attacks :D

Edited by Swamp Trogg
  • Like 1

Catching up. 

Great to see an article with Noah Van Nguyen, I just finished listening to "Yndrasta, Celestial Spear" and it is probably the best depiction of how alien Stormcast are when interacting with mortals. Noah is phenomenal at making the Mortal Realms feel lived in with exploring different cultures and peoples with each book. He does not stick to only writing about things that have models or can be models, he is just a good world builder. 

I know Disciples of Tzeentch was spoiled before but it was really great to see them finally confirm it today. I love some of the minor changes they did to the models. Like the screamers having wider fins like mantas/rays and then also a Tzaangor having that gold helmet is rad. 

Warcry/Underworlds scrolls - as expected for me none of them seem to stand out or will shake how the faction is played. I appreciate GW or design team streamlining the warscrolls as compared to where they've been in the past. I'm hoping I'll get to see those units on the table because they're all gorgeous (minus the primeapes in the Kruleboyz band.. they scare me). 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

We can already do that

As an Army of Renown, I expect a removal of all other units appart from a few ones (drakeguard and Ionus confirmed, maybe dracoths?).

I don't think that Ionus unlocks this army, but pretty sure he has some synergies like Trugg or Brodd.

Btw, the armies of renown can't use anything from the battletome (Trugg army being an exception with the bad moon), that's another point to take in mind.

29 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Been away a while, and im sure its come up.

But Valrak, that 40k viewer and rumormonger, has mentioned twice that a big Skaven vs Stormcast release is coming next year.

Any other notable rumors floating around?

Has been hinted as the 4th ed box by Whitefang as well.

1 hour ago, Shankelton said:

Been away a while, and im sure its come up.

But Valrak, that 40k viewer and rumormonger, has mentioned twice that a big Skaven vs Stormcast release is coming next year.

Any other notable rumors floating around?

Other than the usual suspects (Chorfs, Malerion, Kurnothi, etc.) perhaps the most credible is that some amount of older Stormcast models are getting Thunderstrike replacements to go with 4e. 

And there's the FEC update, but I'm not sure we have any actual rumors or leaks for it, other than the new ghoul sprue.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

if the monsta killaz were battleline I'd run them over 10 man gutrippaz literally every time, unfortunately they aren't.

I like them but they might be tough to squeeze into lists, KB don't tend to have a lot of wiggle room.

It would be fair to make them battleline if the general is the breakaboss . 

• LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Red Bull said:

I saw rumors that the setting is Ulgu, how likely is that at his point?

Stormcast vs Skaven would be a lot of fun. I hope that’s true.

Has been a long term rumour, imo, but I think it suits a lot the skaven + malerion combo for the following edition.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

I don't personally think Ulgu is particularly likely for 4th. If Dawnbringers is leading into some hint of Skaven as the foe for the 4th ed starter, well, it's focused entirely on Aqshy and Ghyran. A reveal of some sinister Skaven plan therefore feels more likely to imply one of those two realms as the backdrop.

Then again, maybe 4th ed just won't have a realm focus in the vein of 3rd's Ghur.

Am I the only one who doesn't care where we go? I mean, we moved from Aqshy to Ghur, traveling around mutiple zones in the same edition. But in the end, only a few scenarios where "unique" enough to be remembered and most of their abilities are part of the game now (new look out sir=Galletia veterans).

About the miniatures, I think that it doesn't matter too. If someone says that Kruleboyz came from Hysh, nobody would blink an eye because the main setting already talks about "nearly infinite realms that can have anything in it", why not a new branch of orruks? or ninja-rats? or thunderstrike SCE? or Nurgle?

If we had diferent traits and artifacts, or even unique terrain abilities for each zone... I don't know. Am I missing something?

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 9