The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

All Tzeentch needs is a mortal elite unit that mirrors the ones for Khorne, Slaanesh and Nurgle - I‘d go for armored Sorcerer-Warriors in a style similar to the Curseling. 

Other cool extras would be: Forsaken, a Chaos dragon, perhaps with a Sorcerer Lord on top (or Egrimm Van Horstmann coming back, yeah baby!)  and an option fir Galrauch and/or Aekold Helbrass if we get a champion for both systems… him returning would make sense due to his gift of life.

It‘s difficult to find anything that Tzeentch lacks outside of those so consider this my personal wishlisting. 😇 I guess most DoT players would agree with that list though!

Oh and very unlikely but I‘d love to see what GW could do with chaos spawns nowadays. I don‘t hate the hate the old plastic kit but there‘s so much potential. I wish their rules were better, too. Would love to field an army with lots of them in it!

In addition to an elite unit Tzeentch could also do with a mortal cavalry unit that isn't Tzaangor, another big centrepiece kit (Nurgle has GUO and Glotkin, Khorne has Bloodthirster and Skarbrand, Slaanesh has Keeper, Glutos and the twins), and a melee focused hero option. Plus updates to the Blue Scribes and Fluxmaster. Also I would really like some more mutated mortals/tzaangor in a unit like the 40k Chaos cults got. 

2 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I can’t believe Destruction has 3 genuinely interesting POV characters, and they decided to make absolutely none of them the star of the Era of The Beast, and instead made Kragnos who is about as compelling as a wet paper bag. Why couldn’t it have been King Brodd? 

I mean only now have we gotten any lore narrative about the era of the beast, we have gone almost two year without much happening from dominion to harbringer

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Some people on discord believe that Sept 23 is the release date, with preorders a week earlier on Sept 16. On that timetable, announcement should be this Sunday.

Surprising to me, as I assumed the Sept 23 date was preorders, rather than release.

@Elarin any steer on this?

16th Sept pre-order, 23th Sept release date 😁 the book, all new Orruks, Orruk Vanguard, Troggoth box and Rabble-Rowza

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8
  • LOVE IT! 4

5 hours ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

1hhv9m.jpg

This made me laugh so much after a hard day mate. Thank you!!

4 hours ago, Elarin said:

16th Sept pre-order, 23th Sept release date 😁 the book, all new Orruks, Orruk Vanguard, Troggoth box and Rabble-Rowza

LETS GOOO ERA OF THE BEAST!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

7 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The Doom Knights from Total War would be perfect, especially when there's already a disk-riding unit in the Enlightened. 

00552brl2wfx.png

I feel like another disc-riding unit would have partial overlap with Enlightened, hence I‘d suggest the sorcerer-warrior angle personally where you’d go with slow, tougher and strong fighters that can cast a spell and cost lotsa points (basically Chosen with spells… if they add agility too then they‘d be insanely expensive points-wise I imagine) but that would definitely be a cool unit too… I wouldn‘t complain, although I love my enlightened birbmen.

Anyways, in theory Tzeentch doesn‘t need anything but practically new stuff is always nice. 

4 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Army of Renown are not Regiment of Renown.😉

I know about that, doesn't mean Kharadron won't get a release at all. If they don't get anything, they'll just have the Fyreslayers fate in Broken Realms, just stuffed in a book and not really playing any role or getting anything model-wise.

14 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I know about that, doesn't mean Kharadron won't get a release at all. If they don't get anything, they'll just have the Fyreslayers fate in Broken Realms, just stuffed in a book and not really playing any role or getting anything model-wise.

I'm a bit nervous about that. I really liked the Army of Renown concept from 40k, but I think that AoS will have a watered down version, or worst, a regiments of renown that can be used by their main faction.

11 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I'm a bit nervous about that. I really liked the Army of Renown concept from 40k, but I think that AoS will have a watered down version, or worst, a regiments of renown that can be used by their main faction.

Armies of Renown have so much potential in AoS if they treat them right. I'd argue that they should actually expand on the 40k concept. Legion of the First Prince with all demons could be great as an army of renown, or Big Waaagh, just so they can be balanced separately from the factions they contain. Heck, even a Duardrazhal army of mixed Kharadron, Fyreslayers and Disposessed would be perfect as an army of renown. You can take away their unbalanced interactions without ruining any of the separate armies.

They can go much further, and add specific CoS as armies of renown. Har Kuron, Anvilgard resistance, a yet to be founded city, etc. Or more coherent StD factions, or give better rules to Beastclaw/Gutbuster separate armies, etc.

AoR would be a perfect solution to give these options to players, but actually balance them without ruining the internal balance of the factions that are part of them. They could even split Orruk Warclans back into their proper tomes (I'd love a separate Ironjawz tome) and offer the Big Waagh option as an AoR.

I'd actually prefer it though if Regiments of Renown could actually be used in the faction they're supposed to be from. They're so 'renowned' that Fjori, a known Grimhold Exile, will not assist any other Fyreslayers. Lorewise and gameplay wise it makes little sense.

Edited by Snarff
  • LOVE IT! 3

4 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Armies of Renown have so much potential in AoS if they treat them right

That's exactly what scares me. The only description that we have is that they can be used by other Order forces I have the feeling that it will be a new batallion that can be used as mercenaries for anyone (boring and just a patch that will be ilegal in less than a year). Hope I'm completely wrong:

Army of Renown for the Kharadron Overlords themed around the Grundstok Expeditionary Force – a hard-hitting force of mercenaries who often work with other Order forces. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Beliman said:

That's exactly what scares me. The only description that we have is that they can be used by other Order forces I have the feeling that it will be a new batallion that can be used as mercenaries for anyone (boring and just a patch that will be ilegal in less than a year). Hope I'm completely wrong:

Army of Renown for the Kharadron Overlords themed around the Grundstok Expeditionary Force – a hard-hitting force of mercenaries who often work with other Order forces. 

Yeah I feel like this is just a Regiment of Renown without an actual new model. Such a shame that KO are getting the same treatment as FS last time.

• Sad 1