The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

We've had the Necroquake and Era of the Beast so Im wondering what Chaotic Theme 4.0 will be about? Industry maybe? Skaven and Chaos Duardin machinations running amuk, who can stop these mechanical monstrosities? Out step the Gholemkind with a Kharadron Wave 2.

My suggestion (because obviously GW haven't decided yet, and want my opinion) is for next edition move to Chamon and enter the Era of the War Machine.

Would suit Skaven, Chorfs, new Cities, Goblins, various dwarves including Dispossessed refresh.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 6

This editon has proven one thing. They understand that older factions are worth going back and revamping. This is something I think we weren’t sure of heading into 3.0.

Seraphon, Slaves 2 Darkness, Cities, Flesh Eater and can even throw in Ironjawz. Heck, Nighthaunt, Sylvaneth, sons of behmat and Gloomspite even got some legit additions. 

I definitely think the trend will continue into 4.0 with Skaven, Beasts of Chaos and Ogres. Good chance we will see Tyrion and Malerion as well. 

Exciting times!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

I definitely think the trend will continue into 4.0 with Skaven, Beasts of Chaos and Ogres. Good chance we will see Tyrion and Malerion as well. 

Exciting times!

For me this is all 4.0 needs. Big range refresh Skaven, beasts and ogors. Tyrion with Lumineth 3rd wave and Malerion with Umbraneth 1st wave. The darkling covens revolt in the cities and are expelled, joining Malerion, and replaced with CoS wave 2 which would be a few units of city aelves, these are the remnants of loyal Aelves from wanderers, phoenix guard etc. 

On top of this and before chaos dwaves it any new faction I'd like to see second waves for FS, KO, ID and OBR

• Like 10

So according to a thread on Bolter and Chainsword, GW are putting up prices in October ☹️

Possibly for LGS rather than retail prices, but it might I guess impact on the discounts independents can offer.

On the bright side I no longer have a pile of shame, I have a wise future-proofed stockpile!

Edited by EntMan
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Did anyone else get their Cities of Sigmar box today? I had a moment of fear when I realised the box was upside down inside the packaging and the air filled package filler was deflated. Luckily the contents are all fine: no damage at all.

Having now seen it up close, I can see why the Warforger is every influencers favourite mini: the texture on the cauldron and the leather aprons is just brilliant.

More generally the sprues are just gorgeous. Combined with how customisable the knights and infantry are, this release really does seem to be great.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Did anyone else get their Cities of Sigmar box today? I had a moment of fear when I realised the box was upside down inside the packaging and the air filled package filler was deflated. Luckily the contents are all fine: no damage at all.

Having now seen it up close, I can see why the Warforger is every influencers favourite mini: the texture on the cauldron and the leather aprons is just brilliant.

More generally the sprues are just gorgeous. Combined with how customisable the knights and infantry are, this release really does seem to be great.

Phew, glad your sprues arrived intact despite the packing 

Please could you let me know the base size for the Warforger? I have a Runelord to kitbash and base.

1 hour ago, Jetlife said:

I definitely think the trend will continue into 4.0 with Skaven, Beasts of Chaos and Ogres.

I wonder about beasts. They seem to be doing everything they can to avoid duplication between old world and aos.

It's funny, when they redesigned ardboyz, I expected them to look like the underworlds warband, which were like more dynamic versions of the old design.

Instead, the design is a massive departure, drawing a clear line between the old black orcs and the new ironjawz range.

It's clear a lot of this must have been due to a conscious decision to ensure the models can't be purchased to be used in both game systems.

We also have pictures of the old metal treeman rather than the sylvaneth version for old world, which is a pretty mad choice.

We know beasts of chaos are one of the starter factions in old world, so it would be weird for them to be used in both game systems. I wonder if they'll get squatted eventually from aos?

8 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

I wonder about beasts. They seem to be doing everything they can to avoid duplication between old world and aos.

It's funny, when they redesigned ardboyz, I expected them to look like the underworlds warband, which were like more dynamic versions of the old design.

Instead, the design is a massive departure, drawing a clear line between the old black orcs and the new ironjawz range.

It's clear a lot of this must have been due to a conscious decision to ensure the models can't be purchased to be used in both game systems.

We also have pictures of the old metal treeman rather than the sylvaneth version for old world, which is a pretty mad choice.

We know beasts of chaos are one of the starter factions in old world, so it would be weird for them to be used in both game systems. I wonder if they'll get squatted eventually from aos?

They won't get squatted. They've been getting more and more new lore. I'm guessing a major revamp is happening rather than squatting

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Snarff said:

They won't get squatted. They've been getting more and more new lore. I'm guessing a major revamp is happening rather than squatting

Beast of Chaos are interesting. For one they lean heavily into the bull/goat aesthetic. Is that truly unique enough for AOS? I know they have the other random creatures and monsters, but it’s kind of a weird combo. 

This is a pure guess, but I keep having this feeling that Chaos dwarves and Beasts of chaos might be redone to fit together somehow. Hashut models already carry the bull aesthetic and having a dwarf army with pure machinery is almost too identical to the Kharadron. Having the dwarves with machines and monsters would give them the kind of unique spin AOS tends to gravitate toward. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

Beast of Chaos are interesting. For one they lean heavily into the bull/goat aesthetic. Is that truly unique enough for AOS? I know they have the other random creatures and monsters, but it’s kind of a weird combo. 

This is a pure guess, but I keep having this feeling that Chaos dwarves and Beasts of chaos might be redone to fit together somehow. Hashut models already carry the bull aesthetic and having a dwarf army with pure machinery is almost too identical to the Kharadron. Having the dwarves with machines and monsters would give them the kind of unique spin AOS tends to gravitate toward. 

Chaos dwarves in the lore uses macines,demonic things like K'daii and monsters like lammasu and tauruses,they are already using machines and monsters so i don't think they'll get changed much.
Also, considering the hashut warcry warband, i think we'll see some auxiliaries and slaves (greenskins and ogors,humans perhaps).
Beasts of chaos are the opposite of them,they can't fit together: chaos dwarves is the evil of industry, beasts are the rejection of civilization, it would make not much senses.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

So according to a thread on Bolter and Chainsword, GW are putting up prices in October ☹️

Possibly for LGS rather than retail prices, but it might I guess impact on the discounts independents can offer.

On the bright side I no longer have a pile of shame, I have a wise future-proofed stockpile!

Good god. Literally half a year after the last one, which was maybe 5-6 months after the late 2022 one... Looks like the twice-annual price increase is the pattern now. Given their profits, it rather makes clear that any noises about increased costs and such were just a fig leaf.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, EntMan said:

My suggestion (because obviously GW haven't decided yet, and want my opinion) is for next edition move to Chamon and enter the Era of the War Machine.

Would suit Skaven, Chorfs, new Cities, Goblins, various dwarves including Dispossessed refresh.

This would be amazing and could also fit into my dream of getting a proper seige ruleset as different factions begin to incorporate more robust seige equipment into their armies.

I have been thinking of Ulgu tying to Skaven (assuming the starter set runours prove true) due to their sneaky nature but Chamon meeting their technological innovations is actually a really great call.

17 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

This would be amazing and could also fit into my dream of getting a proper seige ruleset as different factions begin to incorporate more robust seige equipment into their armies.

I have been thinking of Ulgu tying to Skaven (assuming the starter set runours prove true) due to their sneaky nature but Chamon meeting their technological innovations is actually a really great call.

It would make sense if the Battlemages in Cities are gradually replaced with separate realm specific wizard characters over the years as the action moves between the different realms. And we have just been given the Warforger which increases my suspicions of Chamon next.

• LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

It would make sense if the Battlemages in Cities are gradually replaced with separate realm specific wizard characters over the years as the action moves between the different realms. And we have just been given the Warforger which increases my suspicions of Chamon next.

I can't wait to see an actual Aqshyan battlemage! The bright wizard kit doesn't hold up great. I especially want to see some Duardin or Aelven mages too!