The Rumour Thread

24 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Kurnothi's Warcry warband is plausible, more than that it is not if we check the past Whitefang's reactions.

Yes think that's happening but was hoping for a splash release of a few more kits but looks like it's not meant to be. 

34 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Kurnothi's Warcry warband is plausible, more than that it is not if we check the past Whitefang's reactions.

During a long wait at the doctor's I did a search of the term Kurnothi. Whitefang didn't like a single post saying that Kurnothi would be for Warcry. They also didn't like anything that said Kurnothi would be a bigger release so it's anybody's guess what will happen. We could get a bigger release, a warcry warband or even just a single hero. Obviously I'm hoping for the first option. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

I don't have any porblem with SCE, but I must say that Space Marines, just for the sheer number of campaigns, stories, books, characters, etc. they are a lot more interesting to me than Stormcast. I'm pretty sure that with time, SCE are going to have a lot of material and that's what I'm waiting for, I need a story that "clicks" in me.

Btw, can anyone answer a few SCE questions?

1. What happens to a chamber if Sigmar/Lord Commander orders something that contradicts their Lord Imperatant/Lord Celestant orders?
  2. Can Nagash or even gorkamorka "corrupt" SCE? Or at least switch the Sigmar-mojo to make them a bit more confused? Like a non-chaotic Torglud.
  3. Can they disobey orders? Like "nope, I'm not going to purge this city, do it yourself daddy".
  4. Did they had any infight? Like a chamber that for whatever reason attacked another chamber? Doesn't matter if they are right or wrong.
  5. Is there anything like Heresy in their mind? Like, instead of people praying to Sigmar, they pray to Stormcast for being their saviours to the point that they gave up on Sigmar?
  6. Can they bond or even follow another god than Sigmar that completely contradicts him? Something like Astral Templars, but imagine that Usricht answers their pleas contradicting Sigmar.

Thanks in advance!

So others have answered some of these but 6 got me thinking about the setting. Stormcast follow Sigmar, but they don't do so mindlessly, making their own decisions for better or worse (see Lord Starstrike in Malign Portents). But however they show fealty to Sigmar, be it through obedience, worship or anything else, their connection with him is based on tangible facts and regular experiences. Sigmar isn't the rotting corpse of the God-Emperor hidden away on Terra, he's actively present in Azyr, he meets with the various Lord-Commanders, Celestants and Imperatants (as well as others). Maybe not every Stormcast will see and meet him in person but they will almost certainly have a senior officer who has spent time receiving orders directly from Sigmar in person. Their following him is therefore not based on faith or belief, but on actual quantifiable experiences with a God.

Also Sigmar isn't infallible to the Stormcast, he lost Ghal Maraz and had to retreat from the mortal reams, their fight to reclaim them is a daily reminder of that but he grants them the power to take revenge on those that killed them in their first lives. And that's just so different from most other gods in fantasy settings and it makes me appreciate the setting even more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

Euro prices are :

Vanguard Seraphon 110€

Cities of Sigmar Army set 155 €

Seraphon army set cost 170€ if I remember correctly ... Very surprising that there is a price drop for Cities (but I'm not going to complain about it !).

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Chikout said:

During a long wait at the doctor's I did a search of the term Kurnothi. Whitefang didn't like a single post saying that Kurnothi would be for Warcry. They also didn't like anything that said Kurnothi would be a bigger release so it's anybody's guess what will happen. We could get a bigger release, a warcry warband or even just a single hero. Obviously I'm hoping for the first option. 

Yeah based on the things i have seen floating around here. My guess is that Kurnothi will be part of one of the book releases probably a small wave or just 1 unit or model. Kurnoth isnt in the picture yet he probably wont get a model. I think it will be an AoS release and nothing related to Warcry although that would be a good guess too.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It was this, the warcry rumour is because the latest gnarlwood loremasters video mentions sylvaneth and ogors which are 2 warbands that have not been released. 

Screenshot_20230821_105234_WhatsApp.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Yeah based on the things i have seen floating around here. My guess is that it Kurnothi will be part of one of the book releases probably a small wave or just 1 unit or model. Kurnoth isnt in the picture yet. I think it will be an AoS release and nothing related to Warcry although that would be a good guess too.

I was thinking the same particularly as one of the dawnbringer crusades is in ghyran you would expect sylvaneth/Kurnothi to play a role. Then again my question was regarding a kurnouth model release so looks like that won't be happening but that doesn't rule out a couple of other Kurnothi kits that could be released like the new cities hunters kit that was specifically mentioned for both aos and warcry. 

• Like 1

The Seraphon army set was £130 and with the pricing of Cities at £120 I feel like GW were pushing the price up until they found a point that started to affect sales. The Seraphon set didn't "fly off the shelves" (in fact there is still a few retailers out there with them still in stock) A £120 price point means just under £100 with a 20% discount (which is what most retailers offer) It makes sense to me as there is a big psychological jump when a product breaks the £100 mark.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cyrus said:

Preorder prices (from Dakkadakka) in british pounds

8fb94df714a54318d31aed7e306400da_61979.j

Euro prices are :

Vanguard Seraphon 110€

Cities of Sigmar Army set 155 €

Based on the price and the normal discount in those army sets and the latest releases I would expect about these prices for the individual kits then

Freeguild Marshal - 32.5€
Alchemite Warforger - 27.5€
Steelhelms  - 47.5€
Cavaliers - 52.5€

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Hollow said:

The Seraphon army set was £130 and with the pricing of Cities at £120 I feel like GW were pushing the price up until they found a point that started to affect sales. The Seraphon set didn't "fly off the shelves" (in fact there is still a few retailers out there with them still in stock) A £120 price point means just under £100 with a 20% discount (which is what most retailers offer) It makes sense to me as there is a big psychological jump when a product breaks the £100 mark.  

The lizard kits from the army box are £170 individually from GW, I doubt the cities one will reach that much hence the cheaper price. 

3 hours ago, Baz said:

So a laughing emoji reaction from whitefang re if kurnoth is on the way. 

Ok it is embarrassing but I don’t know how to quote 2 different posts but this is from Whitefang from 21.03.2023.

Chill bro, when it’s hard to say right or wrong but there is certainly a happy time ahead, I laugh.”

• Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

57 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I think it is points related. The CoS one has been the lowest in terms of points ever.

• Like 2

Just now, YoghurtKobold said:

Ok it is embarrassing but I don’t know how to quote 2 different posts but this is from Whitefang from 21.03.2023.

Chill bro, when it’s hard to say right or wrong but there is certainly a happy time ahead, I laugh.”

Just need @Whitefangto react to this!

Anyway warcry reveal next week could mean out first look at kurnothi! 

9 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Based on the price and the normal discount in those army sets and the latest releases I would expect about these prices for the individual kits then

Freeguild Marshal - 32.5€
Alchemite Warforger - 27.5€
Steelhelms  - 47.5€
Cavaliers - 52.5€

My guess was kind on the line, based on Seraphon's:

Freeguild Marshal - 30€
Alchemite Warforger - 25€
Steelhelms  - 50€
Cavaliers - 55€

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baz said:

Yes think that's happening but was hoping for a splash release of a few more kits but looks like it's not meant to be. 

Could be a Warcry war band and then something later with the Dawnbringer books. Orruks and FEC are clearly next and getting good releases as well as Cities so other than Warcry I doubt any other factions will see anything until next year. its maybe a bit early for Whitefang to comment with all this other stuff to come first?

I'd be very happy to get anything though!🤞

Cool to see the new boss but it's a week earlier than I imagined. It's also cool to see that we're getting a pretty hefty preview next week. The biggest surprise is the lack of Killteam. We are due the next season in autumn aren't we. With two warbands already revealed for Warcry, I was sure that we wouldn't see anything more for them for a while. If the loremaster video is giving hints we could see Ogors or Kurnothi. 

The most curious thing is Underworlds. They are due for a new starter set but we haven't had any hints at all about what they might be. It would be a perfect time to reveal a new cities unit. A warrior priest and some new flaggellants would be pretty cool. They will probably show the Pegasus for the old world but it would be nice to see something plastic for tomb kings as well. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Could be a Warcry war band and then something later with the Dawnbringer books. Orruks and FEC are clearly next and getting good releases as well as Cities so other than Warcry I doubt any other factions will see anything until next year. its maybe a bit early for Whitefang to comment with all this other stuff to come first?

I'd be very happy to get anything though!🤞

Absolutely, just wondering if the fec stuff comes in book 4 along with the fec battletome rumoured to be the winter release. 

• Like 1