The Rumour Thread

25 minutes ago, Magnusaur said:

Question: What other releases have there been like Snarlfang Riders? They're lovely models and a promising continuation of the Underworld warband, but they felt completely incidental and somewhat incongruous with the rest of Gloomspite. Are they, alongside the rumored Ardboyz revamp, a part of GW's plan to revive back the more traditional "Orcs and Goblins" of old? If so, it feels like a strange direction, seeing how the edition started out with the "deliberately different" Kruleboyz. 

If the rumors are correct , weirdbrute appearance should be taken from morgok krusha ardskull design.

so a new unit based on a WHU sculpt 

F056CF94-2595-4AEA-9278-E04A520BA4ED.jpeg

Edited by Grunbag
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, CDM said:

Is this lighter than previous army boxes? What was in the Lumineth one?

Lumineth armybox was not comparable because was one of the first ones and the range was incomplete at this moment.

The number is 4. All the Vanguards are one hero and 3/4 units.

Edited by Nezzhil

30 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I don't know. Lumineth are a popular army, new minis for them every edition are a given now I think.

As said above, not much this edition for Lumineth. That said if Malarion is coming next edition (likely I think) then it seems a perfect time for Tyrion and another major wave for them in 4th Ed.

31 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

As said above, not much this edition for Lumineth. That said if Malarion is coming next edition (likely I think) then it seems a perfect time for Tyrion and another major wave for them in 4th Ed.

Seems likely a hermano y hermano big event in fourth. Tyrion and a new temple, Malerion and a new faction

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CDM said:

Seems likely a hermano y hermano big event in fourth. Tyrion and a new temple, Malerion and a new faction

Anything but Stormcast would be welcome. They've tried polishing that golden ****** for three editions, it's time to cut losses and go another direction. I hope the fact that you can get Dominion boxes for less than the price of a Vanguard box six months before the release of the new edition woke some folks up. Elf vs. Elf would be great. Elf vs. Ork, Human vs. Ghoul, anything but more SCE.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, wargames101 said:

Anything but Stormcast would be welcome. They've tried polishing that golden ****** for three editions, it's time to cut losses and go another direction. I hope the fact that you can get Dominion boxes for less than the price of a Vanguard box six months before the release of the new edition woke some folks up. Elf vs. Elf would be great. Elf vs. Ork, Human vs. Ghoul, anything but more SCE.

Well bad luck as it is almost certainly going to be Stormcast as one of the starters for 4th. Been pretty heavily rumoured it will be vs Skaven.

Personally don't hate Stormcast, think they are more interesting than SMs at least, but would prefer it if they were not in every start box. Even just putting them in every other start box would be fine. For example 4th: Skaven vs Umbraneth (or whatever they're called), 5th: SCs vs Ossiarch, 6th: Cities vs Ogres etc.... Something like that would be ideal

• Like 8

Oh, the road to disappointment city is gonna be a long one for you folks if you belive in any way that Stormcasts are going anywhere else than in the starter boxes of a new edition! 

Once again, new editions are meant to gather new players and Stormcasts meant to be easy ton build, paint, and get. 

Until litteral world ending events, GW will not forgo Stormcasts. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Personally don't hate Stormcast, think they are more interesting than SMs at least, but would prefer it if they were not in every start box.

I don't have any porblem with SCE, but I must say that Space Marines, just for the sheer number of campaigns, stories, books, characters, etc. they are a lot more interesting to me than Stormcast. I'm pretty sure that with time, SCE are going to have a lot of material and that's what I'm waiting for, I need a story that "clicks" in me.

Btw, can anyone answer a few SCE questions?

1. What happens to a chamber if Sigmar/Lord Commander orders something that contradicts their Lord Imperatant/Lord Celestant orders?
  2. Can Nagash or even gorkamorka "corrupt" SCE? Or at least switch the Sigmar-mojo to make them a bit more confused? Like a non-chaotic Torglud.
  3. Can they disobey orders? Like "nope, I'm not going to purge this city, do it yourself daddy".
  4. Did they had any infight? Like a chamber that for whatever reason attacked another chamber? Doesn't matter if they are right or wrong.
  5. Is there anything like Heresy in their mind? Like, instead of people praying to Sigmar, they pray to Stormcast for being their saviours to the point that they gave up on Sigmar?
  6. Can they bond or even follow another god than Sigmar that completely contradicts him? Something like Astral Templars, but imagine that Usricht answers their pleas contradicting Sigmar.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I don't have any porblem with SCE, but I must say that Space Marines, just for the sheer number of campaigns, stories, books, characters, etc. they are a lot more interesting to me than Stormcast. I'm pretty sure that with time, SCE are going to have a lot of material and that's what I'm waiting for, I need a story that "clicks" in me.

Btw, can anyone answer a few SCE questions?

1. What happens to a chamber if Sigmar/Lord Commander orders something that contradicts their Lord Imperatant/Lord Celestant orders?
  2. Can Nagash or even gorkamorka "corrupt" SCE? Or at least switch the Sigmar-mojo to make them a bit more confused? Like a non-chaotic Torglud.
  3. Can they disobey orders? Like "nope, I'm not going to purge this city, do it yourself daddy".
  4. Did they had any infight? Like a chamber that for whatever reason attacked another chamber? Doesn't matter if they are right or wrong.
  5. Is there anything like Heresy in their mind? Like, instead of people praying to Sigmar, they pray to Stormcast for being their saviours to the point that they gave up on Sigmar?
  6. Can they bond or even follow another god than Sigmar that completely contradicts him? Something like Astral Templars, but imagine that Usricht answers their pleas contradicting Sigmar.

Thanks in advance!

I think the answers for 2-6 is "No that we know so far", funny that yesterday we were talking about SCE heresy and if their soul could be converted into chaos or by Nagash in the Sigmaroteca chat, and the answer to this is yes, as they are just mortals souls.

For the first one I would say we don't know. If it comes from a higher rank they would follow that higher rank I guess.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Can Nagash or even gorkamorka "corrupt" SCE? Or at least switch the Sigmar-mojo to make them a bit more confused? Like a non-chaotic Torglud.

Concerning Nagash, there's an example just of that in the Soul Wars book https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Pharus_Thaum

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Can they disobey orders? Like "nope, I'm not going to purge this city, do it yourself daddy".

Both Hamilcar's and Blacktalon stories feature Stormcast going in some way against Sigmar's orders (or at least, pursuing their own goals). Without spoilers, Hamilcar even punches Sigmar :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Well bad luck as it is almost certainly going to be Stormcast as one of the starters for 4th. Been pretty heavily rumoured it will be vs Skaven.

Personally don't hate Stormcast, think they are more interesting than SMs at least, but would prefer it if they were not in every start box. Even just putting them in every other start box would be fine. For example 4th: Skaven vs Umbraneth (or whatever they're called), 5th: SCs vs Ossiarch, 6th: Cities vs Ogres etc.... Something like that would be ideal

Damn I got my first Whitefang like, I doubt that it means we will be getting Stormcast rotated on and off starter though, or that Skaven vs Umbraneth will be next 😂