The Rumour Thread

Just now, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Preparing my wallet for Cities of Sigmar next week while hoping the army set won't be gone in 30 seconds on the webstore...

Just to be clear, by next week I mean that the pre order will be announced next Sunday ๐Ÿ˜ The pre order itself is in two weeks timeย 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

@Elarinย YOU GLORIOUS MORTAL!! Those rumours have me flying off the handle and now a FEC sprue has leaked as well!?

Destruction are eating mighty fine indeed!! NEW IRONJAWZ AND TROGGS WAAAAAGH!!

Agreed @KingBrodd, tis looking to be a fine autumn/winter harvest of goodies. Hereโ€™s hoping the ghouls and Tomb Kings come to us by October, for nothing would be better then some spooky models for the spookiest month of the year.

9 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Has anyone heard anything about this handsome lad?

does-anyone-know-where-this-guy-is-from-found-at-warhammer-v0-dpwl7agsxzwa1.jpg.eb764557af63d4be2dc98d010fe158d8.jpg

Looking at you @Elarin

Heh.ย 

Oh boy! Another new champion for my Kruleboyz!

• Like 1

So I guess assumed release schedule is something like this ?

ย 

August 18 kill team week
August 25 cities of Sigmar launch box
Sept 1 Tyranids codexย 
Sept 8 ??
Sept 15 ??
Sept 22 IRONJAWZ /dawnbringer 2
Sept 29ย 
October

kill team striking scorpions vs primaris scouts ???
spacemarines??
legion imperialis ??

November cities of Sigmar
December army boxesย 
January flesh eater courts

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Took em long enough to rerelease the Master of Possession... he was playable in the codex but unavailable on the website for years. I hate when GW does this and that they will not do that with AoS minis in the future.ย 

Well, they did it not so long ago. I remember the put back on sale Dacian Anvil, that I paid quite a big chunk for it before that xD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

If they move from 40k and AoS I see a decrease in their W+ subs and many complaints.

Goh, I don't know. How many people that aren't slaves to darkness players subbed for the Sorcerer? A Bretonnian hero on pegasus certainly wouldn't mean a decrease of subs I think. It's only one mini and I would be amazed if that one would lead to complaints. I have been subscribed for two years now and it's not that I have been blown away by the AoS content. ๐Ÿ˜‰

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Preparing my wallet for Cities of Sigmar next week while hoping the army set won't be gone in 30 seconds on the webstore...

My walletโ€™s bout to be hit with textbook fees, but GE has decided to unleash so many goodies these coming weeksโ€ฆโ€ฆ may God have mercy on us allโ€ฆโ€ฆ

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

For those of you who lament the squatting of the old(ish) Glaze Paints, Duncan Rhodes' Two Thin Coats has put out some very similar formulations.ย 

1216576.png

I have a good bit of admiration for him doubling down on the โ€˜two thin coatsโ€™ catchphrase, and particularly for using it on a a niche painting product. Good man Duncan.

3 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

My walletโ€™s bout to be hit with textbook fees, but GE has decided to unleash so many goodies these coming weeksโ€ฆโ€ฆ may God have mercy on us allโ€ฆโ€ฆ

I assume you mean for University/ College? Remember that ALL content in extortionate textbooks is available FOR FREE online (and I don't mean piracy) Check Project Gutenberg, ProjectStax and Library Genesis. Also, if you are interested in any specific papers email the author directly and they will invariably send it to you for free (as the actual authors don't get a cut from academic textbooks)ย ย 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Assuming youโ€™re going to be studying/working at University then a lot of them invested heavily in ebooks during the pandemic and tend to have kept that model of purchasing since then. Definitely worth seeing what you can access through them instead.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Has anyone heard anything about this handsome lad?

does-anyone-know-where-this-guy-is-from-found-at-warhammer-v0-dpwl7agsxzwa1.jpg.eb764557af63d4be2dc98d010fe158d8.jpg

Looking at you @Elarin

Heh.ย 

Edit: I should of specified. I know he and a stormcast wizard slipped through at Warhammer Fest and I read they were for another time supposedly but when?

That kit was sold by error and it is a future event kit, the most plausible date is that model is the next year Anniversary Store

Really excited, eager, and a little bit nervous to see the new Ardboyz.ย 

One of my favourite unit sculpts through Fantasy but the main reason that stopped me from doing an Ironjawz army, just because the design didn't match the rest of the line.

But I'm not sure if I'd prefer an updated design or more of a remaster of the current sculpts.

Weren't they absent from that Old World Dwarf Vs Ork & Goblin army shot? I'm sure I remember people saying Black Orks weren't in the picture which suggested a new update for them.ย 

I do wonder what they're gonna look like.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

So I guess assumed release schedule is something like this ?

ย 

August 18 kill team week
August 25 cities of Sigmar launch box
Sept 1 Tyranids codexย 
Sept 8 ??
Sept 15 ??
Sept 22 IRONJAWZ /dawnbringer 2
Sept 29ย 
October

kill team striking scorpions vs primaris scouts ???
spacemarines??
legion imperialis ??

November cities of Sigmar
December army boxesย 
January flesh eater courts

Looks like smooth sailing for the wallets of Chaos players through to the end of the year. I might catch up on my painting backlog if this pattern holds up.

• Confused 1