The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Elarin said:

There are 4 new kits for Orruks coming in addition to the Maw-Grunta

Just to be sure, aren't Warcry's monsta-killaz in the 5 new kits? They're all ironjawz, aren't they ? 

I think so, given your informations, but I've been left in doubt. 😅

8 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Sylvaneth are in a pretty decent place, aren’t they? They look to have a pretty robust and diverse range: 3 distinct types of infantry, flying archers, ogre-sized elites, 2 cavalry variants, a monster, 5 heroes (actually less than some other factions tbh) and 3 named characters.

A kurnothi unit or two could be cool but while the range isn’t StD/vampires-equivalent in size (or as bloated and redundant as the stormcast range), it’s certainly one of the better served in AoS.

You are right but in the era of the beast and rite of life it makes sense background wise for new units to be introduced. Plus I'm just very greedy for new stuff!! 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Just to be sure, aren't Warcry's monsta-killaz in the 5 new kits? They're all ironjawz, aren't they ? 

Those are Kruleboyz (even if they would make more sense as Bonesplitterz). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draznak said:

As far as I know that unit isn't coming with the second Dawnbringers book 😉

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 minutes ago, Elarin said:

The focus is fully on destruction

Thanks for the answer! That is a shame for me then as Destruction is the only GA that I have no interest in 😂 Happy for all of the Destruction players though, know that the "Era of the Beast" has been a bit of a let down for them. Hopefully in the 3rd book then!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Ironjawz getting new models next month. Sylvaneth heavily rumoured to have the same treatment before the year ends. Fyreslayers rumoured to have new units somewhere in the pipeline.

Is this the time where all the 1st edition armies get a second wave ? I hope this carries into next edition and that Nurgle, Tzeentch and Idoneth also get new models in the medium/long run. Even Stormcasts deserve their 1st edition models updated. And finally Malerion's aelves to give the Daughters of Khaine some boyfriends.

We live in very interesting times for AoS...

Really Stormcast deserve more models? 😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elarin said:

As far as I know that unit isn't coming with the second Dawnbringers book 😉

Thank you very much @Elarin ! (I'm running out of emotes 😛)

16 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

@Elarin would you mind telling us what the 2 remaining Ironjawz units are ? Please 🙂

I'd put my money on two characters. When you know GW's propensity to release more characters than units... 

At the moment (counting known but unreleased reveals like COS), there are, in purely AoS releases, 63% characters (generic and named) to 30% units, since the game launched in 2015 (and 6.5% war machines/monsters).

If you add Warcry (I'm deliberately leaving Underworlds out), the percentage of units rises logically : 58% characters, 34% units and 7% machines/monsters.

Of course I'm happy to be wrong !

4 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Ironjawz getting new models next month. Sylvaneth heavily rumoured to have the same treatment before the year ends. Fyreslayers rumoured to have new units somewhere in the pipeline.

Is this the time where all the 1st edition armies get a second wave ? I hope this carries into next edition and that Nurgle, Tzeentch and Idoneth also get new models in the medium/long run. Even Stormcasts deserve their 1st edition models updated. And finally Malerion's aelves to give the Daughters of Khaine some boyfriends.

We live in very interesting times for AoS...

Meanwhile Skaven or Ogors are still waiting…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Really Stormcast deserve more models? 😅

The 1st edition ones are too chunky with very little details, no bare faces, strange proportions, cartoony oversized hammers and stiff poses. I wouldn't mind a range rotation like what the Space Marines got. Phase out the old models and replace them with better ones.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Elarin said:

There are 4 new kits for Orruks coming in addition to the Maw-Grunta

Not to reveal anything about your source, but if it is (say) a list of items for sale, is there a chance that the Maw-Grunta and (say) Zoggrok Anvilsmasha share a kit while having separate listings?

In the same way that I can go on the GW site and buy a Megaboss on Maw-Krusha or buy Gordrakk, Fist of Gork. It's the same kit, but GW lists it twice.

7 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

Not to reveal anything about your source, but if it is (say) a list of items for sale, is there a chance that the Maw-Grunta and (say) Zoggrok Anvilsmasha share a kit while having separate listings?

In the same way that I can go on the GW site and buy a Megaboss on Maw-Krusha or buy Gordrakk, Fist of Gork. It's the same kit, but GW lists it twice.

Typically the lists that lgs and other stockists receive only list kits with multiple build options as one item, it's only on the GW website they list them separately to help people find the specific unit they want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everyone, you are putting to much pressure on our new leaker asking for info on your own personal factions. Instead we should be conducting more specific questions based on what we do know like:
Will the various stand alone Space Marine chapters get new models, and will the next Primaris lieutenant be using a reverse grip on their power-sword and do they have a bolter, a heavy bolter, a heavier bolter or a bolter fist?

Joking aside I have not been playing much lately, but these rumours and the Dawnbringer event have me really excited. I also think the cities and FEC hype have one hundered percent added to my anticipation. Unfortunately all my friends that play have been really busy lately. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Joking aside I have not been playing much lately, but these rumours and the Dawnbringer event have me really excited. I also think the cities and FEC hype have one hundered percent added to my anticipation. Unfortunately all my friends that play have been really busy lately. 

Are the Dawnbringer narrative books actually the big end of edition event? 2 crusades, one of which we know will fail (but not which one) don't exactly seem to suggest Realms shaking consequences.

2 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Are the Dawnbringer narrative books actually the big end of edition event? 2 crusades, one of which we know will fail (but not which one) don't exactly seem to suggest Realms shaking consequences.

My excitement has less to do with impact and more to do with expanded scope, I am really liking getting the lore drops for the different factions the same was true for broken realms although Morathi's ascendence and Be'Lakor literally breaking a realm were pretty epic grand moments, not gonna lie!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Except of course, if one of those crusades is ended by Skaven non-existant threats.

Personally I'm still hoping the big "crusade-enders" are new chorfs (why else release Hobgrots/Horns of Hashut?), but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Also, just looked at the webstore and (at least on the EU, UK and US sites) all language versions of the Cities BT are gone, alongside the Anvilgard SC, probably being followed by the Greywater one when the stock is gone. I know at this point we practically know it's going up on the 26th, but I still like looking at "clues" like this and attempting to divine the future 😛