The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Rules previews have started for Cities of Sigmar. Obviously the leaks are out in the wild for everyone to read, but probably a good sign the Army Set isn't far off. 

DyQeE0PfbzYtJXrp.jpg

Okay, now my hope is rekindled for an August release! Even more so if we keep getting articles every day 😛

And that artwork is just something else... I think I want to do a Castelite formation even more now.

1 minute ago, Freemeta said:

Fec need princess or a new "Dame du Lac" , i dont really know them but do they have some woman figure in their lore?

No, surprisingly the Lady of The Lake expy has gone to Nurgle with the Order of The Fly subfaction. Honestly it's kinda weird how FEC and Maggotkin are competing for the spot of "New Bretonnia," and I hope GW works out what direction they want to take these two factions ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Hmmmm. A curious Rumour Engine,

32d8RRCd2pdn8Mrl.jpg

When I initially saw this one I thought it was an ascending staircase, but now I think it might be the bottom of one instead, and the perspective changes your perception. This isn't FEC, it is Bonereapers and I can prove it.

Dead skeletons? Bonereapers love killing those boney ****** twice to harvest them

Why is there only a single skull and the upper torso of another skeleton, and what is that weird texture below and beside them? It is magical flux that the Mortisans use when they craft skelebobs and other things.

But what about the ominous text? It is a sign of a big and grand release for multiple death factions...maybe.

14 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

When I initially saw this one I thought it was an ascending staircase, but now I think it might be the bottom of one instead, and the perspective changes your perception. This isn't FEC, it is Bonereapers and I can prove it.

Dead skeletons? Bonereapers love killing those boney ****** twice to harvest them

Why is there only a single skull and the upper torso of another skeleton, and what is that weird texture below and beside them? It is magical flux that the Mortisans use when they craft skelebobs and other things.

But what about the ominous text? It is a sign of a big and grand release for multiple death factions...maybe.

If AOS 4th Edition puts GA:Death at the forefront of the edition with a huge update for multiple ranges before Skaven and BOC, I will buy a Lumineth army and swear off my Tomb Kings. I'm all for more skeletal lads, vampire gals, and ghoulish delights, but come one GW throw your OG factions a bone.

Edited by Twisted Firaun

Don't forget that, whilst FEC are most likely going to be the next big release, the Dawnbringers books will also have attached models for various factions, even if the next Dawnbringers book is 100% orruks/destruction, there's still easily space for one-off Ossiarch heroes or whatever.  And, going off of Broken Realms, sometimes they'll stick fairly substantial kits in with these kind of narrative releases (Kroak, Belakor, Synessa, etc.) it's not always just foot heroes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Good point. Definetely the staircase is descending, but I really doubt such a big and ornated base would be for a OBR mini.

• Like 2

So do we think it’s just ironjawz wave 2 and FEC left for aos third ? That would make it I think have less product released in the edition than first or second 

Basically we got 13 model waves in aos1 and 11 in aos2 (plus a smattering of characters)

How much is left in aos3?

Aos1 

1 Stormcast 1 
2 Khorne bloodbound
3 Slaves to darkness 1

4 Fyreslayers
5 Ironjawz
6 Stormcast 1.5
7 Sylvaneth

8 Desciples of tzeentch
9 Stormcast vanguard 2
10 Kharadron overlords

11 Maggotkin of nurgle 
12 Daughters of khaine
13 Idoneth deepkin

Aos2
1 Stormcast 3
2 Nighthaunt 

3 Gloomspite gitz 
4 Hedonites of slaanesh
5 OBR
6 Slaves 2 warcry 

7 lumineth 
8 Sons of Behemat

9 Hedonites 2
10 lumineth 2 
11 soulblight 

Aos3 
1 Stormcast 5
2 Kruleboyz

3 nighthaunt wave 2
4 Sylvaneth wave 2
5 sons of behemat wave 2
6. Slaves to darkness wave 2

7. Seraphon mega wave 
8. Cities of Sigmar mega wave
9. Ironjawz wave 2

10. FEC mega wave 
11. ???

4th Ed

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

So do we think it’s just ironjawz wave 2 and FEC left for aos third ? That would make it I think have less product released in the edition than first or second 

They said "more than 12 armies" would be getting new stuff with Dawnbringers. So there's still at least 7 to go (Harbingers + Ironjawz Pig). That could just end up being a bunch of Heroes - and for most it probably will be - but hopefully there's a few more wildcard units in there like the Big Pig.

6 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

So the only old armies to redo in 4th are 

Ogors 
Skaven 
Beasts 

So at least 1 of those is getting done if not all of them?

given third redid Slaves, Seraphon and Cities

I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of the Gitz got an update. They've had a good amount of new models, but there's quite a bit of stuff that was looking long in the toof even back in WHFB's day (Stabbas/Shootas, the basic Shamans, etc). 

• Like 4

I personally think that the FEC will receive a terrific but not huge update.

If I had to tarry I guess for a small release it would be as follows:
Ushoran - Large centrepiece model likely around Beast Radukar sized
Varghulf - Probably using the Cursed City Model as a base
Cavalry - Borowing the horse design from the Corpsemare Stampede
Batswarms - Using the bats in the Grymwatch as inspiration.

Possibly a dual kit for the infernal and haunter Courtiers if they are not simply replaced as the name of the unit champions, with the Varghulf taking their respective battlefield roles. Between the Abhorant, Flaymaster, Ghoul King on foot and the Marrowscroll Herald, the Crypt Ghast Courtier may be seeing the end of its life as a custom fodder model.

So I can imagine a 'small release' like this that would replace their resin model and expand on the little hints we have gotten for more FEC from Endless Spells and Underworlds. Personally I hope for more but I would be happy with this as a stop gap before even more extensive future updates ver the years including re-sculpted ghouls. 

Edit: Hopefully the Whitefang react means that the Small release is incorrect, as I think a big Flesh Eater release would be amazing! Or maybe I was wrong about the Courtiers or the Underworld/Endless Spell hints?

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Basically we got 13 model waves in aos1 and 11 in aos2 (plus a smattering of characters)

Aos1 

1 Stormcast 1 
2 Khorne bloodbound
3 Slaves to darkness 1

4 Fyreslayers
5 Ironjawz
6 Stormcast 1.5
7 Sylvaneth

8 Desciples of tzeentch
9 Stormcast vanguard 2
10 Kharadron overlords

11 Maggotkin of nurgle 
12 Daughters of khaine
13 Idoneth deepkin

Aos2
1 Stormcast 3
2 Nighthaunt 

3 Gloomspite gitz 
4 Hedonites of slaanesh
5 OBR
6 Slaves 2 warcry 

7 lumineth 
8 Sons of Behemat

9 Hedonites 2
10 lumineth 2 
11 soulblight 

Aos3 
1 Stormcast 5
2 Kruleboyz

3 nighthaunt wave 2
4 Sylvaneth wave 2
5 sons of behemat wave 2

7. Seraphon mega wave 
9. Ironjawz wave 2

10. FEC mega wave 
11. ???

4th Ed

It is a pretty solid recap, but rather than counting how many waves we had I would count how many units/ warscrolls we had to have a more precise idea when comparing between editions, and maybe stuff like Warhammer Quest exclusive models should be counted as well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Aos1 

1 Stormcast 1 
2 Khorne bloodbound
3 Slaves to darkness 1

4 Fyreslayers
5 Ironjawz
6 Stormcast 1.5
7 Sylvaneth

8 Desciples of tzeentch
9 Stormcast vanguard 2
10 Kharadron overlords

11 Maggotkin of nurgle 
12 Daughters of khaine
13 Idoneth deepkin

Aos2
1 Stormcast 3
2 Nighthaunt 

3 Gloomspite gitz 
4 Hedonites of slaanesh
5 OBR
6 Slaves 2 warcry 

7 lumineth 
8 Sons of Behemat

9 Hedonites 2
10 lumineth 2 
11 soulblight 

Aos3 
1 Stormcast 5
2 Kruleboyz

3 nighthaunt wave 2
4 Sylvaneth wave 2
5 sons of behemat wave 2

7. Seraphon mega wave 
9. Ironjawz wave 2

10. FEC mega wave 
11. ???

4th Ed

Hopefully 10th edition 40k and 4th edition AOS will be the first editions with a decent model release and battletome/codex for all factions. 

Didn't 40k 9th have a codex release for every faction?

10 hours ago, Draznak said:

There's one thing that puzzles me about this magnificent COS release...

Do you think the ironweld great cannon could be considered as a steampunk stuff ? I remember @Whitefang responding favourably to this a few months ago :

https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/31743-the-mortals-redesign-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=596794

But I don't get impression that this canon is very 'advanced steampunk stuff'...

Is it just me fantasising, or is there a hint of a possible 2nd wave? New BT also clearly mentions steam-walkers. With elite/heavy infantry, things related to Azyr and that, there's room for new COS human releases.

Nah I called that a dream just because this update is not actually very advanced as we can see now…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I think he means the ammunition part vs the guy drinking

Yeah, but you can see those one, in better quality, as well in the post I dropped. I noticed 3 main differences.

1 - Heads. With and without helmets.
2 - Arms/ Actions. Including a little explosion on the powder while being fired.
3 - Non used helmets are dropped in the floor.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • LOVE IT! 3

24 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Nah I called that a dream just because this update is not actually very advanced as we can see now…

it does make sense to put out the poor saps footsoldiers before the wildest stuff, even if it is slightly disappointing to not see elites from different realms.

Any hint as to whether the next wave is Realm-specific or City-specific ;)?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

it does make sense to put out the poor saps footsoldiers before the wildest stuff, even if it is slightly disappointing to not see elites from different realms.

Any hint as to whether the next wave is Realm-specific or City-specific ;)?

It does make sense definitely. It's the core of the force. They did the same with the Vanari for Lumineth. 

• Like 1