The Rumour Thread

27 minutes ago, Sir Grimm said:

Do you think that GW will officially reveal all the leaked models today?

Perhaps we'll have an article with some of the new minis. That's what they did after the massive STD leaks : we got just the daemon prince right away, then the rest as we went along.

Its very likely we'll get an article , I just don't know if it will be today or maybe they'll wait until Monday and use it for new model Monday.

Also no idea if true but from Valraks last video (very trustworthy for 40k rumours) he was told all of these where meant to be revealed at the end of the month at Nova which means the box shouldn't be coming until September

Edited by Matrindur

That Cavalry Hero! 😍

You know what's a real standout for me as well? The bases, they look so natural, absolutely love the stonework and rocky grassland look, really really fitting. 

My only negative, is I'm not a massive fan of the Steelhelm helmets, but that's minor. I would love to see full face coverings at least.

I do love though the variety and diversity of body types. The fact the run of the mill peasantry turned militia are all varied as you'd expect, but the higher up the hierarchy you go, the more the body resembles that more 'soldier' aesthetic we're used to, as you'd expect in the military. It really adds a good layer of immersion imo, and not something we've seen before really.

I would have loved a unit of the Arch-Knights, or a more elite unit just to complete it but what an army, that SoulsBorne Command Squad is just lovely.

Oh and all the familiars, mascots, background characters being ripped straight from medieval tapestry and art, absolutely lovely.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everything together on the tabletop. I will admit after seeing each unit revealed, I wasn't a massive fan of the Steelhelms and gunline at first, but when seeing them all together, they look so natural and fit perfectly. Can't wait to see a full army shot.

Amazing release we have coming up folks.

• Like 5

Just now, Still-young said:

Nova will probably be pretty sparse now then, at least for AoS. That’s my biggest issue with leaks like this, it generally affects a preview down the line. 

I hope some were meant to be revealed this month. If this was supposed to be a Nova reveal im really wondering when they planned to show us more about book 2.

17 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Nova will probably be pretty sparse now then, at least for AoS. That’s my biggest issue with leaks like this, it generally affects a preview down the line. 

We still have 2 harbringer books in Autmun so a lot of to show. If they have some more models like pig it will be enough :D and update of roadmap ofc 

16 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Actually, I'll take back my wish for an elite infantry unit.

Some Stormcast Vanquishers with those Arch-Knight helmets would satisfy me to a T.

Oh I'm so excited for this army.

This right here is why I won't be too sad if we don't get new elite infantry. Cities is really spoiled for choice in that regard because of their access to the Stormcast range.

• LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

This right here is why I won't be too sad if we don't get new elite infantry. Cities is really spoiled for choice in that regard because of their access to the Stormcast range.

Although I agree that the Stormcast range can plug in holes, I don't want the faction to become dependent on them. Imho Cities (and every other faction) should be able to stand on it's own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pnkdth said:

The models are so ridiculously busy with detail it really detracts from the quality of the models themselves (which are high).

That said, nothing some green stuff, a file and clippers can't solve.

Absolutely disagree, the detailing is all part of this factions character imo

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

Absolutely disagree, the detailing is all part of this factions character imo

They'll still be oozing with character when they've gotten a trim. When I paint and build stuff I do not want to create minis which try and draw your attention everywhere at once. Which is what some of these are suffering from. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pnkdth said:

They'll still be oozing with character when they've gotten a trim. When I paint and build stuff I do not want to create minis which try and draw your attention everywhere at once. Which is what some of these are suffering from. 

Oh I fully believe your guys are going to look awesome :D Just the sort of haphazard appearance works for the theme GW is wanting to put forward for them - just as the excess of detail wouldn't work for a "cleaner" faction like Lumineth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

Oh I fully believe your guys are going to look awesome :D Just the sort of haphazard appearance works for the theme GW is wanting to put forward for them - just as the excess of detail wouldn't work for a "cleaner" faction like Lumineth.

I may also have been guilty of de-helmeting some Lumineth. 😆

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

A new one!

f9f3998c-7f8e-43f2-b3d9-03ea06254ec4.jpg

This might be the most visually stunning model GW has ever produced. It literally looks like a painting I had to pick my jaw up from the floor. It deserves GWs model of the year award easily holy heck give the designers a raise a bonus and a lifetime of hi 5s and fist bumps.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pnkdth said:

Really interested on seeing how you approach the minis. I was thinking the same. Some minis have too much stuff for me. For example I wouldn't mind removing the shields from the fusiliers or the cannon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pnkdth said:

I'll go the opposite path and glue even more clutter to my guys to restore balance in the universe.

We will see who gets the last laugh when I finally have a unit painted 10 years from now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

I agree. The only real negative for me personally means that GW could just drop one of each of these minis for New Model Mondays for months now.

7 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'll go the opposite path and glue even more clutter to my guys to restore balance in the universe.

We will see who gets the last laugh when I finally have a unit painted 10 years from now.

Fear the bristlegore meta. The blood of players will flow and the movement phase will be pain incarnate.

30 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

For the ultimate balance, I will take the on foot marshal and glue it on behind the mounted Marshal so they share a horse. And give everyone else a fully armoured and decorated horse. And little snail creature. And apply at least 5 purity seals to every mini. And make a double decker cannon. And put a helmet on everyone's helmet.

They'll make a really nice display by the time my coffin goes under.

• Haha 1