The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Lucentia said:

If Skaven are going to be part of the next edition launch then I think new clanrats are going to be inevitable; they like to have at least some basic, simple troops in the starter boxes, and they're not going to put the old clanrat sprues in there alongside any new stuff.  The only way I can see this not being the case is if they focus only on a specific skaven clan and give them some new clan-specific battleline sculpts instead.

I could see some of the more peripheral skaven warscrolls being removed as part of range update, things like giant rats which aren't necessarily very exciting or interesting.

That and starter set are always push to fit models, so they would be newly design miniatures to begin with

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, novakai said:

FYI Warhammer plus subscription is increasing its price for next year

also the 40K app is now tied to the subscription, take that info for what you will as they may do the same for AoS

Dont know if ill keep playing matched AoS if i have to get a subscription after all the already increasing prices and still having to buy the all tomes. Just cant afford it anymore. I think i am not the only one in such a situation.

Edit: Would be too bad because i actually like using the app.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Because the Elves are on the same sprues as the Skaven

Skaven and High Elf Soup! The elves weren't squatted from Cities of Sigmar, they ran into the sewers in refuge.

You heard it Here first people. Thanks in advance to Whitefang for the like in confirmation…..

724CCD2A-C885-42A9-85C3-1070BA40A138.jpeg

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

45 minutes ago, novakai said:

FYI Warhammer plus subscription is increasing its price for next year

also the 40K app is now tied to the subscription, take that info for what you will as they may do the same for AoS

Where does it say the Warhammer+ price is increasing? 

9 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Skaven and High Elf Soup! The elves weren't squatted from Cities of Sigmar, they ran into the sewers in refuge.

You heard it Here first people. Thanks in advance to Whitefang for the like in confirmation…..

724CCD2A-C885-42A9-85C3-1070BA40A138.jpeg

what about high elf+ chaos dwarf forging an interesting dark phoenix mix :D

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Ah okay, I've yet to receive one. 

I pay annually so doesn't affect me anyway. 

I also pay annually, but I'm sad to hear about this price increase.  For the past two years, I've felt that the price is on the line between being "worth it" or not.  If it was a little cheaper, or if there was more content, I'd be much more satisfied.  But as it is, I think it (barely) provides enough to make it worth the cost.  But if the price increases, I'm not sure that's the case anymore.  

What I'd really like to see is W+ give you access to all rules (battle traits, artefacts, etc.) in the app.  And then have battle tomes be more focused on lore, art, and advancing the narrative.  I feel like that would make W+ worth the cost and I know I'd still buy tomes (at least for the armies I liked).  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ferban said:

I also pay annually, but I'm sad to hear about this price increase.  For the past two years, I've felt that the price is on the line between being "worth it" or not.  If it was a little cheaper, or if there was more content, I'd be much more satisfied.  But as it is, I think it (barely) provides enough to make it worth the cost.  But if the price increases, I'm not sure that's the case anymore.  

What I'd really like to see is W+ give you access to all rules (battle traits, artefacts, etc.) in the app.  And then have battle tomes be more focused on lore, art, and advancing the narrative.  I feel like that would make W+ worth the cost and I know I'd still buy tomes (at least for the armies I liked).  

I've gotten my money worth both years; a £25 model, a £10 voucher and had 3 sets of £20 dice and thats before even watching anything, reading anything in the vault or using the app. 

• Like 1

Just a question for the Skaven experts. Would it be possible to make a single multipart kit that could be used to represent all the clans? Maybe just for the most basic units for each clan? I think GW almost has to pull off something like this or the Skaven refresh has to be a huge one on a 40k scale rework.

4 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Just a question for the Skaven experts. Would it be possible to make a single multipart kit that could be used to represent all the clans? Maybe just for the most basic units for each clan? I think GW almost has to pull off something like this or the Skaven refresh has to be a huge one on a 40k scale rework.

I mean I am not an expert but the question would be has GW done or design a AoS kit like that recently that would set president for them to make one for Skaven?

the only kit that would be remotely close would be the daemon prince kit. But that kit is a bit of an outlier

they could do it by making clan upgrade sprue as well, but they have not release that kind of stuff for AoS yet.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I doubt clanrats and Stormvermin will change. 

Gutter runners and night runners could absolutely share a box. 

Plauge monks and Censer Bearers could share a box but I would image they will get separate releases. 

I think that if they truly are one half of the launch/starter set I would be surprised if we do not see both revamped as it seems GW likes to have a somewhat vanilla sub-faction represented in the box. So I personally imagine easy to build clanrats and stormvermin (or some other elite Verminus unit) but likely not an alt build option as I was proposing which I sadly never suspected them doing to begin with as GW loves to stagger such releases and force people to buy multiple units at different prices. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I doubt clanrats and Stormvermin will change. 

Gutter runners and night runners could absolutely share a box. 

Plauge monks and Censer Bearers could share a box but I would image they will get separate releases. 

I put together the Stormvermin from my Echoes of Doom box last year, and I was surprised at how well those models hold up. They're well-posed for foot troops, with natural stances that imply a readiness to fight without being too dynamic, and the level of detail is perfect for the number of them you'll need to paint. I'd be happy to see them stick around.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Dont know if ill keep playing matched AoS if i have to get a subscription after all the already increasing prices and still having to buy the all tomes. Just cant afford it anymore. I think i am not the only one in such a situation.

Edit: Would be too bad because i actually like using the app.

From what the article said, they're only putting the army building tools behind a paywall. So I'm guessing in AoS turns it would be like losing the access to the warscroll builder part. And somehow I don't think they'll do it for AoS. The 40K playerbase is so much bigger that, even if they make some people stop using the app altogether, the uptake on the WH+ subscription is still worth it. But with AoS numbers being so much lower and the players being used to having those tools for free since almost the beginning, it might simply not add up.

But I'm also just hoping, as well. I definitely feel more and more priced out. GW is shifting it more and more towards a luxury hobby for adults with disposable income, but more and more of those adults are getting more and more squeezed by the rising costs and inflation. But they're not the kind of business to start and plan for an incoming downturn, they'll raise the alarm and try to find someone to blame internally, once it happens and their financial reports take a turn.

• Like 2