The Rumour Thread

You raise a Point there. Why do Some Armies get the Character releases where others get Diddly. To Mind we Still need -

Ushoran for FEC

Morghur for Beastmen

Kurnoth for Not Chaos Beastmen/Kurnothi/ Sylvaneth

Tyrion For Lumineth

Sigmar for the Stormcast (Get out there and Fight Old Man)

Malerion for Whatever Moody Elf Kids he comes with.

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Kronos said:

You raise a Point there. Why do Some Armies get the Character releass where other get Diddly. To Mind we Stil need -

Ushoran for FEC

Morghur for Beastmen

Tyrion For Lumineth

Morghur not being added to their roster was a painful experience. Big stupid. However, you are primarily listing gods, and there is an argument whether or not further addition of god models would be to the net detriment of the game design. Adding them en masse will cause further disparity between the best and worst god scrolls. There is a certain expectation to be consistent in both design and gameplay. This is hard, and leaves too much room to completely punt the scroll, or make it completely overpowered. In general, it would add too much "Well their centerpiece god model is so much better than mine, boooooo."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

You raise a Point there. Why do Some Armies get the Character releases where others get Diddly. To Mind we Still need -

Ushoran for FEC

Morghur for Beastmen

Tyrion For Lumineth

Not to mention Ogors. 

Frost King Braggoth Vardruk.

Meatfist OverTyrant Globb Glittermaw.

We have 2 characters...PLEASE AT LEAST GIVE US 1!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 hours ago, Kronos said:

Ushoran for FEC

Morghur for Beastmen

Tyrion For Lumineth

GW looks at the list and squats beastmen and kurnoth in favour of Lumineth Tree temple with tyrion

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kronos said:

Ushoran for FEC

Morghur for Beastmen

Tyrion For Lumineth

I agree on everything expect Sigmar. The whole point of Sigmar in AoS is that he has learned he was most needed as a ruler in Azyr than a warrior god that solves every problem with a swing of Ghal Maraz. Imo it would revert his entire narrative arc if we could have Sigmar on the tabletop, like "yeah Sigmar, we know you have grown as a god, you are wiser and are now trying to rule over a realm-spanning empire while dealing with wars with Chaos, the undead and Destruction, but we need you to revert back to your former punchy warrior status because we have minis of you to sell".

9 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I feel like @Whitefang has previously alluded to Morghur’s coming in the not-too-distant future…? 

Yeah, through a reaction that essentially meant "the future looks bright for Beastmen". Though the "when" is still blurry. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Kronos said:

Ushoran for FEC

Morghur for Beastmen

Tyrion For Lumineth

And GRIMNIR FOR FYRESLAYERS

or at least Bael-Grimnir or his daughter. Or a special Gotrek variant. Anything really

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

11 hours ago, Kronos said:

Ushoran for FEC

Morghur for Beastmen

Tyrion For Lumineth

Way not Grombrindal or Grungni for KO and Disposests

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I don't think either would fit KO that well. Grungi is really not in good standing with most of the KO (and the FS) at the moment.

True true but at least one great sky port is on tema Grungi and that is a start
and no one says no to a old dwarf with i great whit beard ;)

2 minutes ago, Fellman said:

True true but at least one great sky port is on tema Grungi and that is a start
and no one says no to a old dwarf with i great whit beard ;)

Only the one considered ultra-conservative even by Duardin standards and constantly working against anything the other ports try to implement. Luckily, Duardin are not Dwarves.

58 minutes ago, Fellman said:

Way not Grombrindal or Grungni for KO and Disposests

Grombrindal has been lurking in the background for so long yet we haven't had seen a miniature of him. Heck he even has a Black Library novel but no mini. 

Bit of the longbeard grumbling rant but I feel like duardins have been a bit neglected since 2nd ed. We have elves of light, elves of shadows (soonwith Malerion) , elves of shadows (but Khaine flavored), elves of the sea, soon elves of the wild. But we've only had 3 types of duardins, one of which is made of leftovers from WFB and doesn't even have a proper battletome. And that's unfair that the pampered elgi get all the attention while the dawi are left to their own means ! Yeah Chorfs are 100% being teased right now but I feel like AoS misses some kind of "classic good dwarf" faction. I'd like to see the classic dwarfs get the Votann treatment, something new yet recognisable. Maybe the Dispossessed will finally reclaim their lost lands and mutate into something else. That would be nice.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

And GRIMNIR FOR FYRESLAYERS

or at least Bael-Grimnir or his daughter. Or a special Gotrek variant. Anything really

31 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Grombrindal has been lurking in the background for so long yet we haven't had seen a miniature of him. Heck he even has a Black Library novel but no mini. 

Bit of the longbeard grumbling rant but I feel like duardins have been a bit neglected since 2nd ed. We have elves of light, elves of shadows (soonwith Malerion) , elves of shadows (but Khaine flavored), elves of the sea, soon elves of the wild. But we've only had 3 types of duardins, one of which is made of leftovers from WFB and doesn't even have a proper battletome. And that's unfair that the pampered elgi get all the attention while the dawi are left to their own means ! Yeah Chorfs are 100% being teased right now but I feel like AoS misses some kind of "classic good dwarf" faction. I'd like to see the classic dwarfs get the Votann treatment, something new yet recognisable. Maybe the Dispossessed will finally reclaim their lost lands and mutate into something else. That would be nice.

I really hope 4.0 is the Duardin Edition.

Give me Chaos Duardin.

Fyreslayers Wave 2.

Kharadron Wave 2.

Dispossessed a proper upgrade through Cities leading to an eventual stand alone Faction.

If we can have 5 Aelf factions we can have 4 Duardin.

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Snarff said:

I don't think either would fit KO that well. Grungi is really not in good standing with most of the KO (and the FS) at the moment.

As far as I'm aware only some Barak-nar Kharadrons and Barak-Mhornar not very happy. Most of the Kharadrons sees more oportunities in Grungni return and it looks like code will have alot of changes in resent future. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I really hope 4.0 is the Duardin Edition.

Give me Chaos Duardin.

Fyreslayers Wave 2.

Kharadron Wave 2.

Dispossessed a proper upgrade through Cities leading to an eventual stand alone Faction.

If we can have 5 Aelf factions we can have 4 Duardin.

What's weird about Dispos is that the models are from WFB but we have older WFB sculpts that have integrated better into AoS (see dryads) than them. Idk how their current range is gonna look like next to the new Cities. But I always felt like there was a little something off about their look. Maybe it's their background as WFB Dwarfs that influences my opinion.

If Dispos leave Cities to become their own army, I'd like to see something aesthetically new for them. Like how the Seraphon feel new but still are recognisable as "Lizardmen". Maybe even a 100% reboot of the line. The current sculpts are gonna end up in TOW anyway. Put the current Dispossessed range in the Old World where it belongs and do a new one for AoS with a separate BT. If you want them in Cities, just make them coalition units like how Cities have access to SCE. They've been teasing the return of Grombrindal and Grungni being involved for ages now, it takes time (because that's the Dawi way ! Only wazzocks rush their work) but it has to come to something at the end. And I find it strange that Whitefang has nothing to say about that too. 

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Idk how their current range is gonna look like next to the new Cities.

image.png.83923c6fc471d813133652c713b1c90f.png

I personally think they're going to match better with the new Cities humans than they did with the old Free guild. Might need a bit of shield swapping but I'm looking forward to having some (unofficial) mixed units.

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 hours ago, Snarff said:

This is my feeling as well but for the sake of argument, is his closeness (or lack of closeness) any different to that of Kragnos with the destruction factions? He barely talks to any of them, and perhaps a slightly different situation given they just follow what they see as a living earthquake, but still.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

image.png.83923c6fc471d813133652c713b1c90f.png

I personally think they're going to match better with the new Cities humans than they did with the old Free guild. Might need a bit of shield swapping but I'm looking forward to having some (unofficial) mixed units.

If the dwarf was painted in the colors of the city it would 100% blend perfectly. I hope GW has repainted some Dispossessed for the new battletome, instead of recycling the same studio minis that were obviously painted before the Cities rework. 

• Like 4