The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Mutton said:

I swear...if they make a Cities Ogre unit and don't port it over to Mawtribes...there will be a grumbling. Maneaters are still f*** awful.

Couldnt agree more. While Im super hyped for Cities Ogors they better be a dual release alongside Mawtribes, packaging and all.

Ogors are the neglected child of Destruction, which is the neglected Grand Alliance.* 

*Getting some love soon though!!!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

LETS MAAAAAAAAW!! Hopefully we get dual builds for Destruction!! For as much as I cannot wait for Ogors if they release them first for a different Faction that isnt made for their own Ill be a little annoyed.

'Look Skaven players, the updates youve been waiting for!! Except these new Clan Moulder Rat Ogors have been hired out by Cities of Sigmar'*

*Same feels.

Just to remind you, GW released a Giant bipedal Bull Made of Stone for Elves before Chaos Dwarfs, and perhaps the biggest Kickers was a Centaur Beast God, For Orruks. I totally believe they could dangle beautiful Ogors for Cities.

I Hope, if Anything that the City Ogres are just Mercenaries/Man Eaters. viable in Cities and just about any Army, Including Ogors. 

I also think Ogors (and every other army) is long long overdue a Plastic Character. Whether it’s a New AoS character like Brodd or the return of a Favourite like Greases or Skrag.

IMG_2523.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

I mean even at the very worst if they’re Cities only and made skinny Ogors to suit that nature it’ll only take a bit of kitbashing and covering up their guts with shields for Gutbusters to make them into Man-Eater proxies.

4 hours ago, Kronos said:

Whether it’s a New AoS character like Brodd or the return of a Favourite like Greases or Skrag.

I feel it’ll be 100% new characters like Baergut or Glittermaw.

Destruction doesn’t have any returnees from the World-that-Was. Closest is Skarsnik who reincarnated as a meteor orbiting Da Bad Moon.

I think it’s because of their lack of magical connections and ties to clingy gods. Gorkamorka is very much “might makes right and live to your fullest because you only get one chance”. 💪 🍖 🍺 

• Like 3

Given the previous time between the first two harbinger stories, we should expect the next two on the 23rd and 30th. It'll be interesting to see if the CoS heroes are the focus of the final story, given how the first two seem to be all about mucking up things for the everyday folk of Order.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussiemandias said:

Given the previous time between the first two harbinger stories, we should expect the next two on the 23rd and 30th. It'll be interesting to see if the CoS heroes are the focus of the final story, given how the first two seem to be all about mucking up things for the everyday folk of Order.

We'll probably get our "regular guys surviving" fix with the new Fyreslayer hero themed story (with some glassware stealing shenanigans from the Gitz), although a story about a heroic (perhaps mounted/named) Freeguild Marshal would be cool.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kronos said:

Just to remind you, GW released a Giant bipedal Bull Made of Stone for Elves before Chaos Dwarfs, and perhaps the biggest Kickers was a Centaur Beast God, For Orruks. I totally believe they could dangle beautiful Ogors for Cities.

I Hope, if Anything that the City Ogres are just Mercenaries/Man Eaters. viable in Cities and just about any Army, Including Ogors. 

I also think Ogors (and every other army) is long long overdue a Plastic Character. Whether it’s a New AoS character like Brodd or the return of a Favourite like Greases or Skrag.

IMG_2523.jpeg

8 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I mean even at the very worst if they’re Cities only and made skinny Ogors to suit that nature it’ll only take a bit of kitbashing and covering up their guts with shields for Gutbusters to make them into Man-Eater proxies.

I feel it’ll be 100% new characters like Baergut or Glittermaw.

Destruction doesn’t have any returnees from the World-that-Was. Closest is Skarsnik who reincarnated as a meteor orbiting Da Bad Moon.

I think it’s because of their lack of magical connections and ties to clingy gods. Gorkamorka is very much “might makes right and live to your fullest because you only get one chance”. 💪 🍖 🍺 

Globb Glittermaw and Braggoth Vardruk are the 2 most famous AOS Ogor characters, leaders of Gutbusters and BCR respectively. Id love for them to get minis especially Globb as hes described that he wrestles Gargants for fun!!

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Aussiemandias said:

Well thoose CoS heroes seem not related to the dawnbringer book ( the first one ) as they are for the release in fall with the other new freeguild units

3 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

Ogor maneaters would make a good pick for one of these regiments of renown boxes. Maybe thats how they'll get released.

nah Regiment of reknown seem to be same as those 40K boarding patrol boxes, it probably just discount boxes with a new hero at best like how they release Farsight and Snikrot not that long ago

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Globb Glittermaw and Braggoth Vardruk are the 2 most famous AOS Ogor characters, leaders of Gutbusters and BCR respectively. Id love for them to get minis especially Globb as hes described that he wrestles Gargants for fun!!

I think these would be fantastic! Ogor characters are always so rich and characterful in terms of sculpts and lore.

I would also love to see Jorhar as the next Destruction deity. An undead god-bear with icicle protrusions from where Baergut removed its heart. Like Kragnos it could lead any destruction army but have ties to Ogor Mawtribes and particularly Beastclaw Raiders. I am still hoping that we get manifestations of disasters for the Gods of Destruction and blizzards would make a nice follow up to earthquakes. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 5

I'm putting my tinfoil hat on this one but I feel like I have to share some thoughts with you guys. I was thinking :

- We're getting a new Nurgle hero in the Dawnbringers campaign.
- Generally, heroes that appear in narrative campaigns tend to herald a miniature release later down the line (generally next edition).
- We've seen new Nurgle concepts in Blacktalon : Pestigors, Nurgle infected... Which means those are now AoS canon and have an official AoS aesthetic.

- It's been since end 1st ed since Nurgle had a big AoS release.

This is where the tinfoil comes into play. I'm not saying a new Nurgle release is in the pipeline, I'm not Valrak or THW. Just that there's a bunch of stuff happening right now regarding Nurgle, and it feels strange when I think about it.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I'm putting my tinfoil hat on this one but I feel like I have to share some thoughts with you guys. I was thinking :

- Generally, heroes that appear in narrative campaigns tend to herald a miniature release later down the line (generally next edition).
- We've seen new Nurgle concepts in Blacktalon : Pestigors, Nurgle infected... Which means those are now AoS canon and have an official AoS aesthetic.

This is where the tinfoil comes into play. I'm not saying a new Nurgle release is in the pipeline, I'm not Valrak or THW. Just that there's a bunch of stuff happening right now regarding Nurgle, and it feels strange when I think about it.

I wouldnt be suprised at all to see Nurgle get an Infected Mortal unit much like 40Ks Poxwalkers!!

• Like 3

I'd really like to see Nurlge in AoS be expanded upon. An infected mortal unit could be cool. I'd also really like to see a cavalry unit (Rotting horses) and a ranged unit (Like a big plague catapult or trebuchet). Those 3 units and a couple of plastic character kits and they would be such a solid range. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hollow said:

I'd also really like to see a cavalry unit (Rotting horses) and a ranged unit (Like a big plague catapult or trebuchet). 

Mate those are fantastic ideas ! I always think about redoing FW Tamurkhan units in plastic for new Nurgle (plastic bile trolls, plague toads/pox riders) and maybe Nurgle infected and Pestigors, but those are fantastic concepts ! Nurgle cavalry would be cool next to the new Harbringer of Decay, and the plague trebuchet takes me back to the days of 1st edition when you could include clan Pestilens Skavens in Nurgle lists (list the plagueclaw). Aaah, the blocks of 30 plague monks with blades of putrefaction... I don't miss you one bit.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Unfortunately this formula of Hero = new units does not always come true (just look at half of any "versus" box), but I didn't know about the Blacktalon stuff so who knows?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/17/saturday-pre-orders-brace-yourself-for-one-more-week-before-leviathan-lands/

And that’s not to forget Warhammer Age of Sigmar. We’re previewing a fantastic new miniature for the Cities of Sigmar, and there’s more fiction from the Dawnbringer Chronicles, alongside loads of other articles to get you excited about all things Warhammer.

Mr. Bison Says Yes! GIF - Mr Bison Street Fighter Yes - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 4

38 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Mate those are fantastic ideas ! I always think about redoing FW Tamurkhan units in plastic for new Nurgle (plastic bile trolls, plague toads/pox riders) and maybe Nurgle infected and Pestigors, but those are fantastic concepts ! Nurgle cavalry would be cool next to the new Harbringer of Decay, and the plague trebuchet takes me back to the days of 1st edition when you could include clan Pestilens Skavens in Nurgle lists (list the plagueclaw). Aaah, the blocks of 30 plague monks with blades of putrefaction... I don't miss you one bit.

You can take Pestilens units as coalition units in a nurgle army still, 1 in 4 units. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/17/saturday-pre-orders-brace-yourself-for-one-more-week-before-leviathan-lands/

And that’s not to forget Warhammer Age of Sigmar. We’re previewing a fantastic new miniature for the Cities of Sigmar, and there’s more fiction from the Dawnbringer Chronicles, alongside loads of other articles to get you excited about all things Warhammer.

Mr. Bison Says Yes! GIF - Mr Bison Street Fighter Yes - Discover & Share  GIFs

A big cannon is "a miniature", right? Still only counts as one?

• Like 2

40k campaign, datacards and mission deck is the next week preorder.

image.png.28a491aaa84ef83baf11ddf21a37f75c.pngimage.png.6be0a1ae1c88b97d67e3490969fe7335.png

The return of THE LIST

Spoiler

Necromunda

Age of Sigmar
Cities Battletome + Infrantry + Cavalry + Foot Marshall + the Not-Ogor
Mistery book Winter
Generals Handbook 2023
Dawnbringer: Harbringers
Dawnbringer: Orruks?
Dawnbringer: 3
Dawnbringer: 4
Harbringer of Order - Fireslayers box + Harbringer
Harbringer of Chaos - Nurgle box + Harbringer
Harbringer of Destruction - Gloomspite box + Harbringer
Harbringer of Death - Flesh Eaters box + Harbringer
THE HYPE BOAR

Warcry
Underworlds meets Warcry starter Soulblight vs SCE
4 Warbands (Order vs Destro)
2 Warbands (Order vs Death)
2 Warbands (who knows)

Underworlds
Chaos Warband
Core Box
Destro Warband
Rival Deck 2

Horus Heresy
Plastic Lancer
Assault Squad
Mistery Army
Legion Command Squad
Primarch
Lords of War
Dreadnought

Warhammer 40k
Black Library Sargeant Astra Militarum Minska
Core Book
Crusade - Tyrannic War

Chapter Approved (They are cards now)
Index Cards
Space Marines Codex - Launch Complete army
Tyranids Codex - Launch Complete Army
Deathleaper
Adeptus Mechanicus
Necrons
Dark Angels
Orks
Adeptus Custodes
T'au Empire
Chaos Space Marines

Kill Team 

LotR
Nazghûl and the Hobbits

Adeptus Titanicus

Old World
Bretonnian Paladin
Tomb Kings Hero

Blood Bowl
Grashnak Blackhoof    
Bolgrot!!!
Fatty Nurgle Star

Epic HH

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

"A" miniature. So either we get another leader, or we get a single model unit. 

I'm betting on a leader (Warpriest?), a mini from a larger unit (Greatswords equivalent?), or ogor (KingBrodd deserves it 😛).

Or it's just their wording and we are getting a full unit.
War Altar/Artillery seems too "early" (not in time, but in the scheme of the other revealed minis), although a centerpiece mini being shown would be awesome.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

19 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

40k campaign, datacards and mission deck is the next week preorder.

The return of THE LIST

Hide contents

Necromunda

Age of Sigmar
Seraphon Vanguard, dices and cards?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/22/saturday-pre-orders-the-seraphon-army-box-arrives-just-as-planned/

Cards not coming sadly

Please note that the warscroll cards won’t be sold separately later – this boxed set will be the only place to get them.

• Like 1