The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, novakai said:

Warcry is largely infantry base, I wouldn’t assume they do spider riders for that game as that type of kits is not very compatible with the game.

also it has not been a vehicle for updating models either way with the exception of the chamo skinks 

I do think it could be a vehicle for updating models. Same has been happening with Killteam kommandos and corsairs.

Spider Riders are already a unit in Warcry and so is the Scuttleboss. Nothing would have to be changed if they would release those. 10 would be unlikely but a unit of 5 could easily be used in a warband (I have run that many and it actually isnt the worst thing).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

further slight rumor--apparently the KC Open did a Q&A?? the speaker alluded to “You’ll get something you guys have wanted for a long time, something I played when I first started playing Fantasy.” which OP has taken as meaning new Dark Elves.

bittersweetly, we have more from this Q&A than Warhammerfest unless I missed something...

He's right about the AoS studio keeping a lot of things close to their chest. Lots of models for the Dawnbringers campaign !? Skull yeah brothers ! 

And about that "Dark Elves" thing. It only works if the guy making the Q&A was an ex-Dark Elf player. Did he tell the people at the Q&A "yeah and also my 1st ever WFB army was Dark Elves" ? I can't tell if the redditor is making that assumption from what the KT creator said himself or if it's an assumption from him !

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

I'm not sure how this hints specifically at Dark Elves. Could be them, could be Chorfs, or something else.

Honestly, this could even be the Skaven refresh. They were a decently well supported faction in WHFB. Could also be Chorfs or Tyrion. So, without further info, that could refer to a lot.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

further slight rumor--apparently the KC Open did a Q&A?? the speaker alluded to “You’ll get something you guys have wanted for a long time, something I played when I first started playing Fantasy.” which OP has taken as meaning new Dark Elves.

bittersweetly, we have more from this Q&A than Warhammerfest unless I missed something...

IT'S HAPPENING

Warhammer Fantasy Legends - Halfling Hot-Pot - YouTube

• Like 5
  • Haha 9
  • LOVE IT! 2

42 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I do think it could be a vehicle for updating models. Same has been happening with Killteam kommandos and corsairs.

Spider Riders are already a unit in Warcry and so is the Scuttleboss. Nothing would have to be changed if they would release those. 10 would be unlikely but a unit of 5 could easily be used in a warband (I have run that many and it actually isnt the worst thing).

They are but cav units just exist in game for options not really design to play warcry. 

looking at previous unique warband release they have been unique theme missmash units like Khorne Karnak worshipers or werewolf vampires. And all warbands are geared more for warcry over being geared to AoS and they never release a hero like a scuttleboss as part of a warband (Scuttleboss is too humongous to be part of a warband kit) 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, novakai said:

They are but cav units just exist in game for options not really design to play warcry. 

looking at previous unique warband release they have been unique theme missmash units like Khorne Karnak worshipers or werewolf vampires. And all warbands are geared more for warcry over being geared to AoS and they never release a hero like a scuttleboss as part of a warband (Scuttleboss is too humongous to be part of a warband kit) 

Its not likely but i dont think its out of the realm of possibility. 

Probably a unpopular opinion among spiderclan fans(wanting refreshes) but I would love the hybrid beast focus meaning the Grot Scuttlings make a Warcry return with a big spidery warband to herald the future spider incarnate.

rp0a3ovkd5u51.jpg?auto=webp&s=5e338753c7

image.jpeg.733f4c9b11f0a3403aad68d1788aa476.jpeg

pjauy06swmk81.jpg?width=2059&format=pjpg

D9Nm28xXoAAbkOJ.jpg

26 minutes ago, Draznak said:

The Summerking... hmm... but who could it be ? 😏

Personally not gonna take it as “confirmed” since they may want to hold him off until we cycle around to a big Death Alliance focus again and a easy FEC update hype but one point in it’s favor is with Nagash on the mend and his forces infighting in the power vacuum there’s less agents trying to recapture him right now for Nagash to imprison again so he may come out of hiding.

image0.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

dont like new story at all. how can humans guards living in aos, where you are always in danger, let in his walls to an enemy little army?? without even know they were undeads( or i understand it like that, they thought they were humans in rags).

despite that good tale and scited to see who will be that 'named' hero called summerking

Edited by Kitsumy
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

dont like new story at all. how can humans guards living in aos, where you are always in danger, let in his walls to an enemy little army?? without even know they were undeads( or i understand it like that, they thought they were humans in rags).

even troy tale absurd as it is have some merit to the troy horse. but those cities humans are so stupids that even the one in charge of a city cant see the diference betwen a human army and a ghoul army? haha

despite that good tale and scited to see who will be that 'named' hero called summerking

I mean, it's only like 10 guys and only one of them is actually in relatively "good health". Sounds to be the kind of tiny, ill equipped, low morale outpost garrison to be easy prey to stuff like this. Not to mention the new FeC Harbringer's ability to magically manipulate how they and their followers are perceived by those of weak will (mentioned in the initial Dawnbringers book series reveal).

• Like 5

Yeah, they were basically refugees in rags with no sign of the Maggotkin that have been plaguing the settlement and as ghouls that are still technically alive(as noted by the cannibal women with life in her eyes and cheeks) it’s hard to tell unless they’re beyond warped in body. To say nothing how sick and rheumy eyed the guards were plus the plague mist.

Hazelwood shook out the tube and pressed it to one puffy eye. The sickly fug that had thickened over the stronghold in recent days made it hard to see too far, but sure enough, the light of Hysh illuminated a gaggle of silhouettes cresting the horizon.

On this, can anyone please tell me how to do Spoilers on this site? I’d like to start archive threads here like there is for Malign Portents.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

even troy tale absurd as it is have some merit to the troy horse. but those cities humans are so stupids that even the one in charge of a city cant see the diference betwen a human army and a ghoul army? haha

That's the whole point of the new character, people fall under his thrall seeing the delusion that he is a noble knight until its to late. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah, they were basically refugees in rags with no sign of the Maggotkin that have been plaguing the settlement and as ghouls that are still technically alive(as noted by the cannibal women with life in her eyes and cheeks) it’s hard to tell unless they’re beyond warped in body. To say nothing how sick and rheumy eyed the guards were plus the plague mist.

Hazelwood shook out the tube and pressed it to one puffy eye. The sickly fug that had thickened over the stronghold in recent days made it hard to see too far, but sure enough, the light of Hysh illuminated a gaggle of silhouettes cresting the horizon.

On this, can anyone please tell me how to do Spoilers on this site? I’d like to start archive threads here like there is for Malign Portents.

You select the text you want to spoiler-ify then press the spoiler button.

On desktop it's the little eye icon on the top bar. Don't know how to do it on mobile but posting there is pretty hard to begin with 😛

Looking at the familiar mess Leviathan appears to be shaping up to be tomorrow, I thank Grimnir every day I wasn't made a Marine fan. 

I can't remember which of you were saying a 'Dominion situation' was a better alternative to an Indomitus one, but you weren't wrong. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

I don't know why, but I'm thinking about a WARHAMMER : SIEGE kind of supplement and not an army. But yeah, AOSified Malerion Dark Elves (or Skaven) is very probable.

4 hours ago, Ledgington said:

now we’re here… and it feels good

Very happy to see new fictions too ! It generally comes algonside an End-of-Edition campaign (but Forbidden Power got some too IIRC). Just wish it was available in PDF. 

Anyway, great find @Baron Klatz for the Sumeros The Summerking reference on that old FB GW post (and on another topic, 100% agree with you regarding the coolness of Grot Scuttlings). Can't wait for Harbingers !

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

19 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Looking at the familiar mess Leviathan appears to be shaping up to be tomorrow, I thank Grimnir every day I wasn't made a Marine fan. 

I can't remember which of you were saying a 'Dominion situation' was a better alternative to an Indomitus one, but you weren't wrong. 

How is it shaping up to be a mess? 

Websites are going to be busy at 10am but we won't know anything until the dust settles and everything is sold out or not. 

My guess is not. 

I think what will happen is a over saturation of models from the box set as scalpers split the box looking for a repeat of indomitus which I don't think will happen. 

25 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

How is it shaping up to be a mess? 

Websites are going to be busy at 10am but we won't know anything until the dust settles and everything is sold out or not. 

My guess is not. 

I think what will happen is a over saturation of models from the box set as scalpers split the box looking for a repeat of indomitus which I don't think will happen. 

Quite a few stores are reporting that they won't be receiving their requested allocation and are having to inform a lot of people signed up for 'waiting lists' they won't be able to fulfil it. 

Some are getting the full amount, others less than half, it seems to be pretty random who gets what.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

52 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

If each Harbringer is calling for a "leader" I can't wait to read about the other Grand Allegiances ones.

Ohhhh thats an interesting proposition. If it's a 1 to 1 faction thing

-FEC would get Ushuron
-Fyreslayers.... a new named character or maybe new rules for Gotrek or Grungni?
-Maggotkin - the Pale Lady, I hope or maybe a new unit of Nurgle Knights?
-Gloomspite maybe the new character from Bad Moon Rising? 

35 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Quite a few stores are reporting that they won't be receiving their requested allocation and are having to inform a lot of people signed up for 'waiting lists' they won't be able to fulfil it. 

Some are getting the full amount, others less than half, it seems to be pretty random who gets what.

My store is a high volume store for Games Workshop and we got our full requested amount but I've heard of other larger sellers who requested at least 50 get cut down to 3 or less. I wish I had some insight on the why and how, on what's happening with it. We were able to put our order in pretty early on Monday so maybe that has something to do with it? I wish GW would get better at predicting demand or gauging their manufacturing capabilities. 

2 hours ago, Asbestress said:

You select the text you want to spoiler-ify then press the spoiler button.

On desktop it's the little eye icon on the top bar. Don't know how to do it on mobile but posting there is pretty hard to begin with 😛

There be the problem, I’m from the Realm of Mobiles. 😢

[Spoiler]Testing to see if the old spoiler book ends works[/Spoiler]

Edit: no didn’t work.

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Meeeeeee.:p 

Please flood the market again with AoS4, GW.  It’s bound to be another hot summer and we need a sea to quench us and the new big wave of players! 🌊 

46 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

-Fyreslayers.... a new named character or maybe new rules for Gotrek or Grungni?

Doesn’t have to be even new, just give Bael-Grimnir an actual model for his White Dwarf rules as he’s still active in Fyreslayer lore. Preferably with Flamespitter growing into a bigger Gigadroth or advanced into one of the chameleon types(some slight body alterations and changes) so he can also ambush.

bael-grimnir.jpg

And Beastclaw Raiders can finally get Baergut with a mechanic matching that he freezes solid after so long and bursts free when fighting is near to eat the combatants and go on a hungry rampage before he freezes solid once more(maybe acts as a scenery piece before becoming a devastating unit that increases the Everwinter effects)

image0.jpg

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5