The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

Realm-Eaters!!

I can see a new book series with an Ogor maneater called Trekgo and a Halfkin bard called Ixfel going around the Mortal Realms.

First book could be called Trolleater, followed by Skaveneater, Demoneater and Dragoneater.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

18 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I can see a new book series with an Ogor maneater called Trekgo and a Halfkin bard called Ixfel going around the Mortal Realms.

First book could be called Trolleater, followed by Skaveneater, Demoneater and Dragoneater.

With each book comes a recipe pamphlet!!

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Thoughts on Harbingers for a 20th of May Pre Order?

Is he very happy if that were the case, but as @Neil Arthur Hotep says it seems unlikely.

I wasn't particularly interested in Seasons of War Thondia, and I only started AoS after Broken Realms was finished, but I'm really interested to pick up Harbingers. It'll be fun to see the lore progress in "real time" 😄

Oh also, despite not collecting Nurgle, I definitely want the new Nurgle dude. He looks awesome.

Edited by JerekKruger

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Thoughts on Harbingers for a 20th of May Pre Order?

I think we'll see lizards first. Don't forget summer is June, July and August. 

40k will take up most of June so I don't think we'll see harbingers until at least July otherwise it'll be a very quiet summer for AoS. 

Mind you, with the stamps coming out showing the old world, maybe a summer release for the old world could happen. 

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

Vegan Ogres? Sylvaneth better watch out!

And Orks? Are they confirmed as fungus in the Mortal Realms?

They went with the Humans have theories about how they reproduce etc but nobody know for sure route for AoS. But Fungus like beings are heavily implied. They described more like a Phoenix where they die and are reborn from their remains in a way.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

They went with the Humans have theories about how they reproduce etc but nobody know for sure route for AoS. But Fungus like beings are heavily implied. They described more like a Phoenix where they die and are reborn from their remains in a way.

This human centric approach (and it's FAR worse in 40k) bugs me and breaks my emersion. If I'm playing as e.g. Orks how can I fluff up my lore for my own army if theres basic stuff like this that's unknown, but could be made known later that means my lore doesn't fit anymore.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, EntMan said:

Iirc there's only one battletome on the roadmap and it's either confirmed or almost certainly FEC.

I think FEC is the only one without a 3rd edition battletome. What else could it be?

It is odd that it will come out around Christmas. Surely that is when GW is looking to release lots of new models  to fill the Xmas stockings.  A range refresh for FEC, maybe?

Or maybe not. The last battletome will probably be a new Stormcast BT and the FEC, given they think they are Bretonnians, will not get another new BT for several more rules editions.

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I think FEC is the only one without a 3rd edition battletome. What else could it be?

It is odd that it will come out around Christmas. Surely that is when GW is looking to release lots of new models  to fill the Xmas stockings.  A range refresh for FEC, maybe?

Or maybe not. The last battletome will probably be a new Stormcast BT and the FEC, given they think they are Bretonnians, will not get another new BT for several more rules editions.

The last battletome SHOULD be FEC. GW themselves confirmed that their aim is to update all AoS armies to third edition battletomes by the end of this (2023) year. We also know, or have it on good authority, that FEC release will come with new plastic. Some of it might be refresh of the existing units, some of it might be new additions, could be a combination of the two. But it'll be bigger than just a book and a hero.

Next edition of AoS might take the same summer spot as 40K this year, which will still leave us with a few months in which at least a new Lumineth book could show up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

It's not even summer yet. Seraphon need to come out properly first, anyway. Harbingers is probably at least a month away, sadly.

On the other hand, they said on stream that Harbringers was "very, very soon" and "only a few weeks away". 

Not that the presenters are often the most reliable sources, but.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

On the other hand, they said on stream that Harbringers was "very, very soon" and "only a few weeks away". 

I can't imagine the first volume that will introduce 4th edition (released next summer if GW follows its usual method) being released in May/June of the previous year. That's incredibly early. Soon, the month after an AoS/40k edition is released, they'll be announcing narrative cycle of the next one...

6 minutes ago, Baz said:

I'm just sat here waiting for Kurnothi and praying it's not a single hero release, unless that hero is Kurnoth!!

This is a very personal guess, but I bet Kurnothi and Fyreslayers mentioned by our Great Seer will be Warcry's warbands. There will be 3 for Order and no Battletome, normally, by the 4th edition, so... I think this is a good opportunity to cross reference the rumour with this Warcry roadmap.

That was my initial thought as well But there was a second comment by whitefang about it being good for Sylvaneth players which makes me think that we will get more then a warband. Maybe a splash release of 3 to 4 units that will get rules in one of the harbingers book (my guess is the one in summer after the destruction book) we also know that ghyran will play a big role in the narrative. So no new battletome needed and they will get to use Sylvaneth allegiance abilities and maybe introduce some new seasons of war. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I can't imagine the first volume that will introduce 4th edition (released next summer if GW follows its usual method) being released in May/June of the previous year. That's incredibly early. Soon, the month after an AoS/40k edition is released, they'll be announcing narrative cycle of the next one...

One of the complaints I remember around Broken Realms was that it was too 'backloaded' with books rapidly coming out not long before 3.0, although that might have just been Covid knock-on. Either way, if these are meant to be the Broken Realms/Arks of Omen equivalents it might be they're deliberately releasing them early and spreading out the releases over a long period so they don't feel so much like cynical cashgrabs that'll be useless in a few months.

Screenshot_398.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

One of the complaints I remember around Broken Realms was that it was too 'backloaded' with books rapidly coming out not long before 3.0, although that might have just been Covid knock-on. Either way, if these are meant to be the Broken Realms/Arks of Omen equivalents it might be they're deliberately releasing them early and spreading out the releases over a long period so they don't feel so much like cynical cashgrabs that'll be useless in a few months.

This is an interesting approach to how GW plans its release schedule.

I can understand people criticising a release too close together but the reverse seems worse to me with a sense of a frantic cycle getting shorter and shorter for each edition of the main GW games.

Broken Realms 1st tome was released in November 2020 if I remember correctly. It didn't seem that close to 3rd edition to me (although COVID had a say I suppose).

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

sFTDpYSbSMjQPJiH.jpg

It's not even summer yet. Seraphon need to come out properly first, anyway. Harbingers is probably at least a month away, sadly.

3 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I think we'll see lizards first. Don't forget summer is June, July and August. 

40k will take up most of June so I don't think we'll see harbingers until at least July otherwise it'll be a very quiet summer for AoS. 

Mind you, with the stamps coming out showing the old world, maybe a summer release for the old world could happen. 

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

@Clan's Cynic This is what made me ask, the presenters definitely said very very soon. I wouldnt be suprised to see it release before Seraphon. Or maybe theyll drop them together? I would say it will be up for Pre Order in the mext few weeks, releasing before the end of June.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

@Clan's Cynic This is what made me ask, the presenters definitely said very very soon. I wouldnt be suprised to see it release before Seraphon. Or maybe theyll drop them together? I would say it will be up for Pre Order in the mext few weeks, releasing before the end of June.

Dropping at the same time would be my bet too, if only because of those remarks about it being very soon. I imagine the standalone BT release isn't as big of a deal since they probably figure most people bought the Army Set for theirs anyway.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Dropping at the same time would be my bet too, if only because of those remarks about it being very soon. I imagine the standalone BT release isn't as big of a deal since they probably figure most people bought the Army Set for theirs anyway.

We still have 2 weeks of unannounced prrorders before the anticipated preorder of 40k 10th edition on the 10th June. So expecting seraphon or the harbingers in those 2 weeks.

• LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

There's still a lot of Seraphon to be released. Obviously some people have the army box but those kits all need individual releases, and we've got another 6 kits to release on top of those (Kroxigor, Saurus Cavalry, mounted Scar-Vet, Skink Starseer, Spawn of Chotec and Astrolith bearer) which is a bit more than a single release window.

Also it's worth nothing that the presenters said that the Seraphon army box came out a few weeks ago and that Harbingers was just very very soon.