The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Frankly, if GW is apparently so paranoid over leaks these days, I can't imagine a WHW employee interested in keeping their job would randomly spill the beans like that - unless they're painfully naïve or new?

Tbf it doesn't take a genius to infer that the daemonsmith going OOP coupled with Horns of Hashut + Hobgrots = maybe Chorfs are going to be back sooner than later ? 

No need to be in the super secret GW inner circles for that. Plus generally, store managers are as much in the dark as us about new releases.

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite

3 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Tbf it doesn't take a genius to infer that the daemonsmith going OOP coupled with Horns of Hashut + Hobgrots = maybe Chorfs are going to be back sooner than later ? 

There's a difference between somebody discussing the conclusions they drew and a staffer 'confirming' it for them.

3 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

But to specifically say they were coming to TOW? where we have no news or even a full model yet? nah, calling SUS.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

back sooner than later ?

Can we take a break on the Sooners?

Guy just said November because that’s a rumor going around, not what the counter guy implied.(most based on a random calendar jpeg GW used)

I’m sure they’ll come to both games eventually but it can easily be years down the line and the guy doing guesswork like everyone else. The daemon smith could’ve just hanged on longer than the other discontinued stuff because it was newer.

Edited by Baron Klatz

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm probably reading too deep into it, but the War Cry fluff talking about Harshut's Legions being actively on their way to Thondia (with the Horns being the scouts/vanguard) feels like the biggest hint... it's just that due to Covid messing up the release schedule their release might have ended up running into some delays.

Leave me with my Hopeium.

Mate I agree. I would not be surprised to see Chaos Duardin drop before the end of Edition like Soulblight and Votann have.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I would not be surprised to see Chaos Duardin drop before the end of Edition like Soulblight and Votann have.

Too, I thought "yeah, Chorfs are coming, just in the mid/long term future, maybe 2, 3 years". Now that the daemonsmith is out though, we could even have them by the end of the year or early 2024. It's crazy to think about !

4 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

First we get Gitmob.

Now hints about Chorfs, Malerion, Morghur and Kurnothi.

Could Silent People become a thing in the future?

What could we joke about if all these get released. 

Space Skaven in 40k?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

First we get Gitmob.

Now hints about Chorfs, Malerion, Morghur and Kurnothi.

Could Silent People become a thing in the future?

What could we joke about if all these get released. 

What about Golemkin? And there is Grugni doing some stuff too

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

If Chaos Duardin appear, I hope they're properly crazy and AoS-ified. They can do so much with them in the AoS setting, weapons/armor/crazy concepts wise compared to the old world where they need to fit in.

I'll be very disappointed if they're toned down to also fit the Old World, it's why I'm very concerned about cross-compatibility. Either AoS sculpts need to be less fantastical and more mundane (which I would very much dislike) or TOW is going to have to use much more high fantasy sculpts (which I'm sure not everyone that's going to play that game would be happy with).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Snarff said:

If Chaos Duardin appear, I hope they're properly crazy and AoS-ified. They can do so much with them in the AoS setting, weapons/armor/crazy concepts wise compared to the old world where they need to fit in.

That's a bit odd. In the same setting, you have feudal people with horses in one side of the mountain, and in the other side  you have trains, giant robots, mechanical exo-skeletons...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I'll be very disappointed if they're toned down to also fit the Old World, it's why I'm very concerned about cross-compatibility. Either AoS sculpts need to be less fantastical and more mundane (which I would very much dislike) or TOW is going to have to use much more high fantasy sculpts (which I'm sure not everyone that's going to play that game would be happy with).

If lumineth already have crazy hats....what would chorfs get......im scared.....

• Haha 5

Just now, Beliman said:

That's a bit odd. In the same setting, you have feudal people with horses in one side of the mountain, and in the other side  you have trains, giant robots, mechanical exo-skeletons...

That's true, but mostly fantasy fans don't want to see the factions change too much. Just look at the 'backlash' to everything that's not almost a copy of their Old World counterparts. I really think they could do insanely cool things with Chaos Duardin in AoS, but not if they're forced back into being mostly 'Dwarfs with silly hats' and the occasional actually decent creatures (I do really like the Fireborn).

Some aspects of the Legions of Azgorh were okay, but I think they could be so much more if they lean into what Chaos Duardin would be doing in the Mortal Realms rather than how they are supposed to look like in the old world.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Snarff said:

To Chorf's benefit they're pretty far out there as WHFB standards go already. One of the trailers featured a huge hulking mecha steam powered Pacific Rim T-rex. If we get anything remotely like that, I'm going to be a really happy hat.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Difference being for AoS the horses are all gryph-hybrids, the mountain is a sleeping god and those things on the other side are all widely available as public transport in almost every city.

AoS does crank things up to 12 so it’d be fitting for the Chuardin as well to have stuff like cyborg bodysuit units and hover trains as they’ve both had over 10,000 years to perfect their craft in the Realm of Chaos and in AoS duardin don’t suffer the stone curse anymore as magical fused beings themselves(even GW didn’t deny them the Arcane Tome like Khornites were). 

They should be way more sophisticated to Kharadron levels at least.

8 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

We could always fall back on Vampirates?

I imagine they’ll start by being a Soulblight sub-faction eventually with Varkos Varactyr and his famed Wraith Fleet of Aqshy.

Captain vampire hero, 2 new units of mariner zombies and rotten sea beast titans(the giant crabs) battleline while unlocking NightHaunt coalition with a bonus that instead of Ethereal they get flaming attacks to fly with his ghost fleet(battle trait for teleports) as they set sea vessels and the gases or caustic Magic’s of sky-fleets ablaze.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1