The Rumour Thread

11 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Should be. Apparently Killteam already does smaller sets that can connect to the big set?

I guess Warcry is doing the same but with UnderWorlds Warbands? I guess narratively that’s why they nixed the full hold of the UnderWorlds curse of we’re gonna start seeing the warbands in other Realms on their own adventures like Crypt of Blood has the Storm-Errants vs the Vampires battling for artifacts in Neferata’s Shyish domain.

Honestly that’s an exciting prospect if they start mixing them up more for other sets down the path that have chances to make the packaged teams more enticing like the Ogor captain taking on the Kharadron profiteers in Chamon with clockwork terrain and vault treasuries or the Exiled Undead battling the Deepkin Soulcatchers in Hysh over a repository of scrolls and crystals on how to strengthen souls or new things like a Fyreslayer warband going up against the Eshin Skaven in a portion of Hammerhal Aqshy among the cobbled fiery markets in honoring their guard contracts.

It looks more like begginers set than a "core/basic" one. I would guess with a step by step/how to play take on the rules. 

The text states that the miniatures are Bladeborn and that in games outside of this box you have to use them with the allies/bladeborn rules. (In warcry you can't make an all bladeborn warband, at least you need 1 hero, that isn't bladeborn, from your faction).

And then it points you to the Soulbound Nobles and the FEC warband as examples of full warcry warbands.

Edited by Gotz

6 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

That would fit my theory of needing a Skink general to unlock Raptadon battleline. 

Also man I can’t wait to see the Soulblight Vanguard. I really like that the current one is themed on their Deathrattle sub-faction to show off their autonomy but I just can’t justify spending money on those old dusty grave guard even for their amazing new commander.

Even when I saw the starter box at a retail store I couldn’t do it. Only way that was happening was if I bought the Mortek guard that was there too and substituted them in but I already maxed out my hobby budget on Lauka Vai and the other good looking Soulblight options.(and anyway I rather wait for the actual Ossiarch update to jump in on the bone golems)

I hope I live long enough for the golden day that Age of Sigmar finally leaves the last trace of it’s ancient model dead-weight behind. ☺️

For me the Grave Guard look fine as models, bit old yes but fine. The real pain is assembling the 2 handed weapon variant.... My god I think GW made them to be assembled by people with more hands than humans naturally come with!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

For me the Grave Guard look fine as models, bit old yes but fine. The real pain is assembling the 2 handed weapon variant.... My god I think GW made them to be assembled by people with more hands than humans naturally come with!

Grave Guard already kind of looked dated next to the old skeleton kit before it was updated. Now that they have to face a head-to-head comparison with the Sons of Velmorn, the quality gap is really hard to ignore:

Spoiler

nk5y9iumFN8K5PUU.jpg

99120207046_DeathrattleGraveguard02.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Grave Guard already kind of looked dated next to the old skeleton kit before it was updated. Now that they have to face a head-to-head comparison with the Sons of Velmorn, the quality gap is really hard to ignore:

Reveal hidden contents

nk5y9iumFN8K5PUU.jpg

99120207046_DeathrattleGraveguard02.jpg

Yes as I said they look a bit old, but I really don't think they are as bad as you seem to. To me they just look like a more heavily armoured version of the old skellies.

But yes the Sons of Velmorn do blow them out of the water of course, I am not saying that I don't want a new GG kit, just that I don't think they are that bad looking - though again assembling the 2 handers is a nightmare!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Goatforce said:

Yes as I said they look a bit old, but I really don't think they are as bad as you seem to. To me they just look like a more heavily armoured version of the old skellies.

But yes the Sons of Velmorn do blow them out of the water of course, I am not saying that I don't want a new GG kit, just that I don't think they are that bad looking - though again assembling the 2 handers is a nightmare!

I definitely agree with you there, assembling anything with two handed weapons is always a struggle. For extra fun, try to build Immortis Guard, so that you can enjoy doing two two-handed assemblies on one model!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

New art piece from instagram

image.png.ca6a5968762ec5e087a9165f24b4ea80.png

AoS art has been so incredibly consistently great since 2.0. 1.0 had a bunch of amazing artworks as well, but a lot less of a coherent style

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Now people mention it, definitely could be FEC flipped.

jjUDzJIodxeT9Kqb.jpg

This model is so amazing, such a shame that it's limited. I really, REALLY hope they have a similar model for the rework that really leans into the delusion as well.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Snarff said:

These look more like hanging 'charms' flipped upside down than standing spikes IMO. So maybe decoration on the bottom of a FeC banner? They've edited out stuff before.

I can't remember them flipping rumour engine pictures recently. Maybe it's a model that is in motion, running foreward or landing from a jump.

9 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

That would fit my theory of needing a Skink general to unlock Raptadon battleline. 

Also man I can’t wait to see the Soulblight Vanguard. I really like that the current one is themed on their Deathrattle sub-faction to show off their autonomy but I just can’t justify spending money on those old dusty grave guard even for their amazing new commander.

Even when I saw the starter box at a retail store I couldn’t do it. Only way that was happening was if I bought the Mortek guard that was there too and substituted them in but I already maxed out my hobby budget on Lauka Vai and the other good looking Soulblight options.(and anyway I rather wait for the actual Ossiarch update to jump in on the bone golems)

I hope I live long enough for the golden day that Age of Sigmar finally leaves the last trace of it’s ancient model dead-weight behind. ☺️

I ended up using the "New" deathrattle skeletons as my graveguard, and used the old unarmored skeleton sculpts as normal horde of deathrattle skeletons. works great!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Let’s not talk about the mould lines which stretch across every single part like a thick, detail swallowing, fin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

I ended up using the "New" deathrattle skeletons as my graveguard, and used the old unarmored skeleton sculpts as normal horde of deathrattle skeletons. works great!

I suggest a similar idea all the time to use spears as warriors and swords as guard. This way when new guard or equivalent drop you're already on your way to a nice deathrattle force. 🤘💀🤘