The Rumour Thread

32 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I didn't knew their was gonna be a big cannon with a mixed crew coming for CoS. That's great ! 

What do we also know about what's coming ? I'd expect some kind of mounted knights personally.

Other than the 3 models shown at the preview nothing is confirmed. 

We can probably make educated guesses of what's coming but otherwise we don't know what's coming. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I didn't knew their was gonna be a big cannon with a mixed crew coming for CoS. That's great ! 

What do we also know about what's coming ? I'd expect some kind of mounted knights personally.

The renderings in this article are almost definitely from mounted knights:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/09/dawnbringer-previews-peek-at-the-panoply-of-protection-worn-by-the-cities-of-sigmar/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well if rumors are true, all my conversions for my Araby CoS are boned. Some can obviously translate to new units. However the more fantastic like the elementals cannot.. hoping there are some new 1:4 options & synergies.. @Whitefanghelp lol

goodnight sweet:

nomad prince - sheikh

flame phoenix - fire elemental

frost phoenix - tempest elemental

phoenix guard - royal guard

eternal guard - spearmen

SotW - archers

SotT - nomads/ magi

gyrocopter - carpet bomber

C9ABA13C-C5D5-405A-9FBD-7F7BB958CAB6.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • LOVE IT! 16

So according to @Whitefang's hints what is in and out for CoS going forward?

Also I am very interested if we will start seeing square bases in certain boxes when Old World drops as I think the new Seraphon and recent S2D releases seem very likely to have cross play between the two systems... am I hoping for Beasts of Chaos release with square bases in 4th... maybe...

24 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Other than the 3 models shown at the preview nothing is confirmed. 

We can probably make educated guesses of what's coming but otherwise we don't know what's coming. 

As far as I'm concerned anything @Whitefang says can be taken as gospel

Look how close this helmet is to the final design. military-middle-ages-infantry-burgundian-footsoldier-circa-1440-additional-CP20X3.jpg.e473288dbb50b7d5a3d401f6f08a1103.jpg.03e03713d4411f8e5fd9c6ec6e58f372.jpg

They have said a big cannon is coming. The mixed crew is speculation. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

So according to @Whitefang's hints what is in and out for CoS going forward?

I think one of @Whitefang's most recent proclamations are that the following will all be gone:

Wanderers, Ironweld, Phoenixy stuff

They said Collegiate Arcane stuff is likely safe.

Also iirc they have heavily hinted there will be Cities Ogres.

Edited by EntMan
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Chikout said:

As far as I'm concerned anything @Whitefang says can be taken as gospel

Honestly at this point I'm surprised I don't see them mentioned elsewhere. You'd think sites like Reddit or DakkaDakka (don't they have an AoS section too?) would crosspost everything WF says, as afaik they haven't missed once.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Honestly at this point I'm surprised I don't see them mentioned elsewhere. You'd think sites like Reddit or DakkaDakka (don't they have an AoS section too?) would crosspost everything WF says, as afaik they haven't missed once.

Any rumors I share from them I try to leave their name out of it. They do a great job of keeping us informed but the last thing I want is a bunch of people pestering them, I'm sure we're bad enough as it is. 

I also don't know where Whitefang gets their info and the more prevalent their name the more likely they might get cut off from their source? 

As far as I know I don't think their doing it for internet fame or would have said so? I'm assuming a lot but trying to err on the side of caution. If I'm getting anything wrong please let me know. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

4 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Hello Glorious @Whitefang

Are Cities Dispossessed safe? 

(after hearing the Wanderers and particularly Ironweld news I realise I'm risking big bad disappointment here)

They have said previously that Dispossessed are staying but that Ironweld arsenal are not so potentially no more gyrocopters. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

@Whitefang is pound for pound the best Rumour Monger on the internet and deserves recognition!!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

8 minutes ago, Chikout said:

They have said previously that Dispossessed are staying

Cool, can't believe I missed that.

(My Love It reaction was to Dispossessed staying, obviously not to no more Gyrocopters ☹️)

Edited by EntMan

19 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Any rumors I share from them I try to leave their name out of it. They do a great job of keeping us informed but the last thing I want is a bunch of people pestering them, I'm sure we're bad enough as it is. 

I also don't know where Whitefang gets their info and the more prevalent their name the more likely they might get cut off from their source? 

As far as I know I don't think their doing it for internet fame or would have said so? I'm assuming a lot but trying to err on the side of caution. If I'm getting anything wrong please let me know. 

No, you're correct - I'm very happy for their (or perhaps TGAs?) relative obscurity, lest the bleached fang gets taken out by GW's Vindicare Assassins...

I'm simply surprised as I'm an avid follower of videogame leaks and rumours, and often see messages from boards very much like TGA (I assume they're built on same platform, as even reactions are identical to ours) getting posted to reddit - the mere whiff of rumour being shared for those who want to be 'in the know'. Of course, many of such rumourmongers also strive for e-fame...

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

@Whitefang is pound for pound the best Rumour Monger on the internet and deserves recognition!!

Very much agreed!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, EntMan said:

Not at Adepticon. Next reveals event is Warhammer Fest at the end of April I believe.

Gama is at the end of April. They have done reveals at that show before. I suspect the leaked Warcry stuff will get a proper unveiling then, though they may skip it this year as it is literally a couple of days before Warhammer Fest. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I was under the impression that Dawnbringer Crusades was a Wrath of the Everchosen-type narrative campaign book. Probably coinciding with or coming out around the same time as the Cities battletome but something that lots of different factions (and therefore players) can get involved with and have fun with. 

Edit: A nice ❤️ from His Toothiness

you beat me to it: Dawnbringer Crusade rules make the most sense in their own supplement book if Cities tome is going to have ELEVEN subfactions.

that would also mean DBC rules are easily fit into a narrative supplement so non-Order has a reason to buy it; either for some of their own rules, the story moving forward, or both.

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

you beat me to it: Dawnbringer Crusade rules make the most sense in their own supplement book if Cities tome is going to have ELEVEN subfactions.

that would also mean DBC rules are easily fit into a narrative supplement so non-Order has a reason to buy it; either for some of their own rules, the story moving forward, or both.

If a lot of non-humans are squatted, do we even know if we'll have all those cities as subfactions? What if they, Sigmar forbid, simply use them as different colour schemes?

Just now, Public Universal Duardin said:

If a lot of non-humans are squatted, do we even know if we'll have all those cities as subfactions? What if they, Sigmar forbid, simply use them as different colour schemes?

As long as we see official studio minis for Greywater, no more grudges shall be added to the book.

• Haha 1