The Rumour Thread

Ok here's my prediction.

Cities and Seraphon boxes get announced but death heroes get saved for a future Monday. 

A new season of Underworlds gets announced. 

The lion gets announced and 10th edition gets teased. 

Tank commanders and a campaign book get announced for Horus heresy. 

Leagues of Votann get a kill team box featuring on foot versions of the bikers.

• Like 2

AoS, OBR and Soulblight battletomes and heroes.  New roadmap and Maybe some serpahon and cities reveals as well.

40k, Lion book and models, 40k 10th edition trailer. 

Underworlds tzeentch warband 

Kill team: Votann v Beastmen.

Need to remember that most of the stuff previewed will be up for preorder between now and end of April where the next set of previews will be at Warhammer fest

32 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Joining the hype train while celebrating the fact that I am officially 21 years old today

Happy Birthday my friend!

21? Now I feel like Lord Kroak hanging out with youthful Settra!

I am going into tonight with many hopes but minimal expectations. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Goatforce said:

I mean, Neferata is kinda known for her sensuality. One of her things in the Old World was that she used her beauty to wrap people around her little finger, and her powers enhanced that. To my knowledge she has not changed in AoS, in fact in one of her BL books as I recall a Prince (or leader of some kind) basically betrayed his people because of his memory of seing her when he was young as I recall 😂

I get your point, but at the same time it seems fairly appropriate to her character to have slightly revealing statues of herself raised. If it was Yndrasta or some other female character who does not leverage her physical appearance like Neffy does I might agree with you, but personally have no problem with it in this case.

Again I'm not offended. I don't lack awareness of stereotypes around both vampires and powerful evil women. I am just tired of it. It's boring and it's lazy and I know it's a carry over from a character that was written a long time ago but if your characters arent growing or changing in SOME way then stop writing about them. I guess I was just hoping theyd move AWAY from the tropes and not deeper down into them. Morathi came back as a woman who was both beautiful and an awesome snake monster with vague allusions to having escaped a very... toxic relationship to say the least. That's a much better progressed character than if she'd come back with a brand new sculpt that kept her old "****** out" approach to warfare can we agree on that?

I mean why is it that all these evil women use sexuality as a weapon but not the good ones? Why aren't attractive men manipulating people with their pelvic persuasion? The vilification of female sexuality and power is not a topic for this forum so I won't digress any further.

I'm just tired of the image of wargamers as a bunch of basement dwelling nerds who objectify women and then having GW release a woman as an actual object in current year. Playing into stereotypes gets you stereotyped.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 10

13 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

More fec pics

The skeleton in hair RE solved. Looks like an FEC wearwolf... 🤔

GW showing underworlds warbands in Warcry is weird to me. Warcry 2.0 rules updates for underworlds warbands would be nice to have.

Edit: also please dont use DoK as an argument against stereotypes. Its THE nerd basement dwelling anime snakes army.

Edited by Gitzdee

10 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Again I'm not offended. I don't lack awareness of stereotypes around both vampires and powerful evil women. I am just tired of it. It's boring and it's lazy and I know it's a carry over from a character that was written a long time ago but if your characters arent growing or changing in SOME way then stop writing about them. I guess I was just hoping theyd move AWAY from the tropes and not deeper down into them. Morathi came back as a woman who was both beautiful and an awesome snake monster with vague allusions to having escaped a very... toxic relationship to say the least. That's a much better progressed character than if she'd come back with a brand new sculpt that kept her old "****** out" approach to warfare can we agree on that?

I mean why is it that all these evil women use sexuality as a weapon but not the good ones? Why aren't attractive men manipulating people with their pelvic persuasion? The vilification of female sexuality and power is not a topic for this forum so I won't digress any further.

I'm just tired of the image of wargamers as a bunch of basement dwelling nerds who objectify women and then having GW release a woman as an actual object in current year. Playing into stereotypes gets you stereotyped.

I'd personally like to see her escape the hive mind of Nagash and become an even more serious player on the board. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

More fec pics

Screenshot_20230322-102025_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20230322-102146_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20230322-102011_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20230322-102046_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20230322-102126_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20230322-102111_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Wow. Those two warbands are oozing with style. It's a testament to how good SCE design is now that they're not blown away by the FEC warband and can still stand out aesthetically next to the absolute blast those new FEC are. Warcry truly has some of the best, most creative sculpts of modern GW. 

Tinfoil hat time, but... what better way to annouce a FEC range refresh than with a Warcry warband coming a few months before the main thing ? A bit like the Chameleons Skinks and the rest of the Seraphon range refresh...
Also, Stormcast vanguard animal helmets on thunderstrike Stormcasts look so good. A match made in heaven. Now I want GW to redo the vanguard chamber with thunderstrike armor.

• LOVE IT! 2

30 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

More fec pics

Screenshot_20230322-102025_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20230322-102146_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20230322-102011_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20230322-102046_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20230322-102126_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20230322-102111_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Thats it. I dont even need to see the rest of the range Im collecting Flesh Eater Courts.

I love Vampires in every medium, especially ferocious monstrous Vampires.

These sculpts capture the Regalness so damn well that Leader is dripping in deluded sophistication and the only thing I love more than Vampire and Zombie media is...you guessed it WEREWOLVES!! 

I cannot believe it!! Werewolves!?!?!?! Please please please be a unit type in the range update sweet Nagash!!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Thats it. I dont even need to see the rest of the range Im collecting Flesh Eater Courts.

I love Vampires in every medium, especially ferocious monstrous Vampires.

These sculpts capture the Regalness so damn well that Leader is dripping in deluded sophistication and the only thing I love more than Vampire and Zombie media is...you guessed it WEREWOLVES!! 

I cannot believe it!! Werewolves!?!?!?! Please please please be a unit type in the range update sweet Nagash!!

This may be be an unpopular opinion, but I'd much rather they double down on FEC becoming a quasi-werewolf army than the Not!Bretonnian aesthetics a lot of people want. I love the lore, but I'd rather that 'meme' not come to define them visually too. If they double down on the werewolf-army-Warhammer-has-never-had when the AoS update comes that would be great imo.

Yes we got the Vyrkos dynasty, but that always felt like it was spreading Soulblight's butter across too many themes.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

This may be be an unpopular opinion, but I'd much rather they double down on FEC becoming a quasi-werewolf army than the Not!Bretonnian aesthetics a lot of people want. I love the lore, but I'd rather that 'meme' not come to define them visually too. If they double down on the werewolf-army-Warhammer-has-never-had when the AoS update comes that would be great imo.

Yes we got the Vyrkos dynasty, but that always felt like it was spreading Soulblight's butter across too many themes.

Vyrkos were my favourite part of the Soulblight release, so I may be biased, but I think they can easily coexist with the updated FEC aesthetic. If you look at the Vyrkos characters, they look quite different from the new FEC sculpts. To me, the Vyrkos embody the whole "dominion over the creatures of the night" thing that classic Draculas have, while FEC are way closer to the bestial side of the vampire mythos.

Plus, the distinction between "cool guy vampires" and "ugly vampires" is real: I remember listening to an interview with the guy who invented Vampire: The Masquerade at some point, and he told a story of how part of their design was "no ugly vampires, everyone is cool and pretty" until they realized that there is a demographic that actually really wants them and added the Nosferatu into the game. I found that pretty interesting: People don't want ugly, bestial vampires as part of their cool guy faction, but they do want an entire vampire faction where the ugliness is the point.

• Like 8

ill be happy only with the reveal of my saurus on cold one arent getting squatted, since they dissapeared from store, they are bring squatted or redone.

my hopes are, new knights, kroxigors and gor rok, with a army box with 1 hero and 3 units like most of them( not like the joke box that lumineth one was).

• Like 1

I am trying so hard to not look at these models to closely incase they get a reveal later today but I am in the middle of building my Stormcast and have always wanted Flesh Eaters... but I am broke and cannot start a new army... or can I?

I do hope we get more terrain sets with Warcry like in 1st ed. I missed out on those and would love to get my hands on a nice Ogor or Stormcast set to pair with my first edition chaos themed terrain. 

Edited by Neverchosen

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I agree. Id love a full on monstrous Werewolf Faction. So much can be done with the idea of Lycan Undeath. THATS IT IM WATCHING DOG SOLDIERS TONIGHT!!

1 hour ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Vyrkos were my favourite part of the Soulblight release, so I may be biased, but I think they can easily coexist with the updated FEC aesthetic. If you look at the Vyrkos characters, they look quite different from the new FEC sculpts. To me, the Vyrkos embody the whole "dominion over the creatures of the night" thing that classic Draculas have, while FEC are way closer to the bestial side of the vampire mythos.

Plus, the distinction between "cool guy vampires" and "ugly vampires" is real: I remember listening to an interview with the guy who invented Vampire: The Masquerade at some point, and he told a story of how part of their design was "no ugly vampires, everyone is cool and pretty" until they realized that there is a demographic that actually really wants them and added the Nosferatu into the game. I found that pretty interesting: People don't want ugly, bestial vampires as part of their cool guy faction, but they do want an entire vampire faction where the ugliness is the point.

I dislike Pretty Vampires. A lot. Stake em all give me monsters!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1