The Rumour Thread

25 minutes ago, madmac said:

The SC Dragonriders let you field an understrength unit alongside the hero build, so it's not without precedent.

Same with the Lord of Afflictions and Pusgoyle Blightlords.  But both are units of two.  

5 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Shucks, i literally just trashed two year's worth of sprues, as I finally got around to sorting my bits box out. Oh well, looks like I'd have to take them to Birmingham anyway, hopefully by the time they roll it out to my neck of the woods I'll have loads more to dispose of...

You still could’ve recycled it. Don’t need gw for that.

Or maybe the recycling possibilities are really bad where you live.

20 minutes ago, Sabush said:

In general its pretty good, I can recycle a lot of plastic and do.  But they don't take polystyrene, ( very few do) and you have to be careful not to contaminate your other plastic recyclables by including the wrong material. 

The reason this is such a big step for gw is that they are offering us a way to recycle something which most councils don't accept, and which there isn't a good way to dispose of already.

• Like 13

8 hours ago, Sabush said:

It's pretty hard to recycle polystyrene in the UK sadly. I looked into it a while ago, and there are only a handful of places that do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

In general its pretty good, I can recycle a lot of plastic and do.  But they don't take polystyrene, ( very few do) and you have to be careful not to contaminate your other plastic recyclables by including the wrong material. 

The reason this is such a big step for gw is that they are offering us a way to recycle something which most councils don't accept, and which there isn't a good way to dispose of already.

yeah, and it sounds like it's going to good use, building utilities for parks and playgrounds. 

I wouldn't expect this to come to america any time soon, though. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Thanks for the information, I was uninformed. Sorry for calling you out!

This makes the move by GW even better than I thought then!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sabush said:

This makes the move by GW even better than I thought then!

It's a good move, don't get me wrong, but it's something they could and should have done ages ago. Still, in glad they're finally doing it, and as someone who works in Nottingham I have two easy locations to drop off my sprues, so I'll definitely be doing so.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Draznak said:

AoS gets some love on Wh+ :

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/08/get-your-first-taste-of-the-epic-upcoming-blacktalon-animation-with-this-special-teaser/

Interesting Free Guild soldier style in this teaser... Slightly different from the conquistador look. Can we imagine that is a hint to the future Dawnbringer Crusade ?

There's a chance
The overall style looks close(ish) to the renders we've had so far.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kronos said:

I love the new Slann art, can’t wait to get this book and hopefully have it to the brim of new Artworks ❤️

335FBB56-19C9-4D60-ADCE-EF73C3A52B02.jpeg

Maybe reading too much into it but maybe Spear saurus are now saurus guard? Those look like slightly more ornate saurus to me.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Draznak said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/08/get-your-first-taste-of-the-epic-upcoming-blacktalon-animation-with-this-special-teaser/

Interesting Free Guild soldier style in this teaser... Slightly different from the conquistador look. Can we imagine that is a hint to the future Dawnbringer Crusade ?

I am extremely intrigued, the writing seems to lean towards the psychological horror of reforging. There's so much to explore there for Stormcast I really hope it is their main source of The Grimdark for the show. Fingers crossed our noble posterchildren get the screen rep they deserve 👀

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I am extremely intrigued, the writing seems to lean towards the psychological horror of reforging. There's so much to explore there for Stormcast I really hope it is their main source of The Grimdark for the show. Fingers crossed our noble posterchildren get the screen rep they deserve 👀

Yeah, it looks potentially interesting on multiple levels. Though as someone who did read the Blacktalon novel way back in the day, I'm mostly just curious if they've retconned her backstory or not, the trailer doesn't drop any hints one way or another.

Spoiler

Neave's old secret human backstory was about her being basically kidnapped and brainwashed by the Sylvaneth into being THEIR assassin/special forces agent, and they're annoyed Sigmar stole her from them.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Copywolf said:

Maybe reading too much into it but maybe Spear saurus are now saurus guard? Those look like slightly more ornate saurus to me.

I had the same thought as well. That Saurus Guard might just get rolled into Saurus Warriors. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

BoC and Gloomspite FAQs are up!

Mainly clarifications and QoL improvement, I think.

Awesome.  Also looks like the KO FAQ went up as well.  Pre-release!  Just one change to an Aether-Khemist ability.  We'll see if it gets a fuller update in a few weeks. 

It also has some Pestigors. (Though these look more like creative license than any hints at a new model. Or at least if there were to be new Pestigor models I'd hope that they'd be a bit... more.)

Pestigor03.jpg.55a90ce58c09dd60990c600b611d5fef.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

Another free guild appeared on one of the cards in WU which is strange because they use only fighters in game on those.

IMG_8463.png.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Bit late but the new Starseer is very cool and a bit of a surprise. The current resin one is also very good but I can see why they’d want to drop the resin. 

I actually thought I might buy the current one to kitbash with the new one, because I prefer the actual starseer and I like the feathers, but 1) it’s currently out of stock and 2) it’s 35 quid!?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LordSolarMach said:

It also has some Pestigors. (Though these look more like creative license than any hints at a new model. Or at least if there were to be new Pestigor models I'd hope that they'd be a bit... more.)

remember that gors come in all kinds, their God prefix is more about who they're following. Model versions are more specific but afaik the lore has always been a spectrum for gors. (if nothing else, animations fare better with less details on characters to deal with)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Another free guild appeared on one of the cards in WU which is strange because they use only fighters in game on those.

Ooh, nice catch ! I don't want to put too much hope in it but actually they released cards only with Underworld's fighters known until now. We also remember artwork with COS explorers lost in the jungle in Gnarlwood rulebook... 

Sure, there were Hexbane's Hunters not too long ago, but I figure there's room for another human warband. Other than Tzeentch and Nurgle, I feel like every other AoS army has been served fairly since Underworlds has existed (ok from memory, Ossiarchs, Idoneth or Fyreslayers only had one warband too)

• Like 3