The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, novakai said:

Whitefang hinted to expect disappointment so what more disappointing then the 1 hero treatment for BoC?

then again BoC stuck me as a 3rd string Xeno army that are not likely to get big update 

That is my greatest fear to be honest. Beasts of Chaos should be the big bad of the Era of the Beasts with Kragnos and Morghur locking horns by the editions end while the continents crack and burn. Meanwhile Yndrasta should realize that she is going to have to choose a target and toss her magical spear at either the deadly God of Earthquakes or a literal Devil of Mutation and Terror. During this Lord Kroak casts a powerful spell to keep the Realm from tearing asunder. The wounded God will retreat and the winner will become the dominate force in Ghur.

Instead I think we will just get a new plastic Beastlord and hopefully some decent rules. Then the edition will probably end with a stalemate and the Orruks having a fun little new subfaction. 😢

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

L-R: So flail user looks interesting and I cannot place it maybe Necromunda. The next one looks like our underworld Goblin, then the Arkifane and a Worldeater.

The lack of Beasts of Chaos worries me.

I think the leftmost one is a World Eater and the rightmost one is something beastly. Hard to tell from the silhouette what though. Shaggoth? Doombull?

I don't know what an "Arkifane" is though. Sounds like a streamer girl nickname or a pokémon to me.

Edited by Swooper
  • Like 1

Thinking about BoC, what would people like to see. I'm thinking the following:

• If it's a single foot hero then Doombull or morghur;
  • If it's a limited release like Nighthaunt then the above plus Khorngors or Pestigors;
  • If it's a Sylvaneth sized release then the above plus a new Shaggoth and Dragon Ogors;
  • In magical dream land: full range refresh.

Bullgors can wait, as Theridons are great stand-ins for them, and I am hoping Gors and Ungors will come out as a Warcry Warband (if they don't, then replace Khorngors or Pestigors with one or both of these and release Khorngors with Blades of Khorne).

13 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Looks like a big spider thingy. 

Screenshot_20221118_170707.jpg

From left to right I'm guessing: Dawnbringer Crusade flagellant type dude; Gitz Underworld Warband; Spider Incarnate we've been hearing so much about; something World Eaters related.

6 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Thinking about BoC, what would people like to see.

In order of importance:

• New Shaggoth
  • New Beastlord
  • New Doombull
  • New Centigors
  • New Jabberslythe
  • Beast-riders (mournfang-sized) to replace chariots, which never made sense for a forest-dwelling race
  • New Cockatrice

Don't care about Khorngors or Pestigors, and I'm hoping we don't get Morghur or any other special character. I love the anonymity of beasts, more room for our own lore that way.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JerekKruger said:

Thinking about BoC, what would people like to see. I'm thinking the following:

• If it's a single foot hero then Doombull or morghur;
  • If it's a limited release like Nighthaunt then the above plus Khorngors or Pestigors;
  • If it's a Sylvaneth sized release then the above plus a new Shaggoth and Dragon Ogors;
  • In magical dream land: full range refresh.

Bullgors can wait, as Theridons are great stand-ins for them, and I am hoping Gors and Ungors will come out as a Warcry Warband (if they don't, then replace Khorngors or Pestigors with one or both of these and release Khorngors with Blades of Khorne).

From left to right I'm guessing: Dawnbringer Crusade flagellant type dude; Gitz Underworld Warband; Spider Incarnate we've been hearing so much about; something World Eaters related.

Necromunda, Underworld Gitz, Dark Mechanicus and World Eaters

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

L-R: So flail user looks interesting and I cannot place it maybe Necromunda. The next one looks like our underworld Goblin, then the Arkifane and a Worldeater.

The lack of Beasts of Chaos worries me.

Looks about right. A little sad that AoS/Underwolrds get just one image, which may tell us there is little reveals for us.

I wouldn't be surprised after this if the beast teaser just end being for Gallet Season of War.

• Sad 1

Here’s another screenshot that shows a Moonclan shaman.

4Bd8U3zuVQuasVDW.png

Looking at the Grot rider he’s got sleeves and armored legs that the Snarlfangs lack so I’m guessing he’s a heavy duty bodyguard for the Shaman leader of the Warband.

Middle is very likely the upcoming Spider Gallet Incarnate.

Here’s hoping BoC fans get something juicy since their line needs an eventual overhaul(come on Mammothmen, Sharkmen and Mantismen!)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Eh I think middle one is definitely Arkifane the Dark Mechanicus daemon prince.

the one with the shroom is definitely the Gitz underworld warband

the one with the shield and lightning sword I can’t tell

the two on each side look like it’s for 40K since it looks like both are wearing power armor and backpacks

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

The leftmost image looks more like a Sister of Battle to me than any flavour of Space Marine. The wrist is too thin for a Space Marine, and they look to be wearing long gloves alongside having a power pack on the back - both attributes of Sisters. 

That's not to say it will be a Sister, I don't think it will, but rather it doesn't look bulky enough for a Space Marine - Necromunda of some sort is more likely.

8 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Here’s another screenshot that shows a Moonclan shaman.

4Bd8U3zuVQuasVDW.png

Looking at the Grot rider he’s got sleeves and armored legs that the Snarlfangs lack so I’m guessing he’s a heavy duty bodyguard for the Shaman leader of the Warband.

Middle is very likely the upcoming Spider Gallet Incarnate.

Here’s hoping BoC fans get something juicy since their line needs an eventual overhaul(come on Mammothmen, Sharkmen and Mantismen!)

Assuming we have 2 goblins and assuming the shaman second from the right is for the underwolrds warband, maybe the other one second from the left is for the Gitz tome release? If it is a goblin it seem to be mounted into something... maybe a new spider boss? Or maybe it isn't a goblin at all and is just a hero for another faction with a bunch of strange weapons.

6 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Necromunda of some sort is more likely.

Whitefang seems to agree, I must admit the new Necromunda stuff has been absolute aces. I wish that 40k was a little more punk rock like Necromunda or how it was in the early days.

I do have a lot of hope that Dark Mech will take from Tetuso the Ironman or Tetsuo from Akira and be a really shockingly body horror influenced army (what is up with people named Tetsuo becoming cybernetic monsters). Or maybe I am still unconsciously working through the emotional rollercoster of Titane and need Dark Mech to help me through it.  

I think that we might get a new Beast hero and a Dual Box for Beasts and Gloomspite annonced. But I am still hopeful that they will get a larger updated release like Slaanesh got with Shadow and Pain.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3