The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, Goatforce said:

Hahaha, apologies I misread what you wrote 😅

No apologies needed mate!!

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

SO are there any more rumored releases for AoS between now and Christmas? Or are the battleboxes all we have to look forward to? 

Just the Battleboxes. We have the Warcry set and new Gloomspite Warband for Underworlds. 

Besides that though the future is open, we dont even have a Battletome Roadmap.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

SO are there any more rumored releases for AoS between now and Christmas? Or are the battleboxes all we have to look forward to? 

I mean, maybe the Chaos Kits like the new Chaos Lord and Chaos Warriors will come before christmas, but no rumours on that (that I know of), just guessing GW might want it out for Christmas.

Edited by Goatforce

11 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

Definitely Slaves to darkness 2nd wave:

Warriors multipart kit 

Knights multipart kit

Chaos Lord on daemonic mount

Exalted hero

Eternus, blade of first prince

Edited by cyrus

11 minutes ago, cyrus said:

Warriors multipart kit 

Knights multipart kit

Exalted hero

I don't think any of those will be released this side of Christmas. Its more likely will see these drop with the battletome in January. 

The new warcry box is most likely to be previewed this Sunday which means it will be released on the 26th November which then only leaves 3 weekends until Christmas. 

One of those will be the battleforces and gifting ideas. 

There is the next Underworlds Warband coming in December but otherwise I think that's it for this year. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I don't think any of those will be released this side of Christmas. Its more likely will see these drop with the battletome in January. 

The new warcry box is most likely to be previewed this Sunday which means it will be released on the 26th November which then only leaves 3 weekends until Christmas. 

One of those will be the battleforces and gifting ideas. 

There is the next Underworlds Warband coming in December but otherwise I think that's it for this year. 

I think there is enough room for all :

preorder date

19th Nov warcry box 

26th Nov slaves 2nd wave

3rd Dec xmas battleforce

10th Dec Gitz Underworlds warband

If he surprised if Slaves get their new releases this side of Christmas. I dare say there's time for it, but it just feels like the sort of thing they'll keep till early next year. Or perhaps that's just me going they will because I don't have the money to buy any more minis before Christmas 😄

12 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

If he surprised if Slaves get their new releases this side of Christmas. I dare say there's time for it, but it just feels like the sort of thing they'll keep till early next year. Or perhaps that's just me going they will because I don't have the money to buy any more minis before Christmas 😄

I'd assumed later into the new year. The article did say something on the lines that it would be a long time before we saw the warscrolls from the set released separately. I doubt we would see them get the other models before xmas, only for the standard battletome etc to come out in X amount of months time. Under the assumption we won't see either until the first AoS release of the new year.

• Like 2

Before we get a proper, 'professional' breakdown from FauxHammer, I did a quick price breakdown for the AoS battleboxes (prices are in GBP)

The regular (around) 30% savings on those would be in the region of £60, so I'd risk a guess that this year's prices might go up to between £130 and £140.

image.jpeg.25a0e5c96d4fc054cef39bbb793c403b.jpeg

Edited by Grungnisson
  • Thanks 4

19 hours ago, Sarges said:

It's Leagues of Votann again.

DX63FVVG49Y.jpg?size=695x780&quality=95&sign=daccf95f55271f59284062b371d2a96e&type=album

I love that we had a few years of pomp and bravado - "Things have changed! GW loves fantasy once more! WHFB is dead, and we'll finally keep getting new releases"

Yet we're back at inhaling copium, gnashing our teeth and in general being morose.

That said, you know what AoS army is quite squat and uses high-tech weaponry? That's right, Chaos Duardin~

• Like 3

It's kinda hard to say that when Slaves to Darkness are getting a big update in the super near future - the only thing missing from it are new Marauders and honestly you can just use one of the dozen or more Warcry Warbands that fit the same kind of unit slot and are way prettier model wise and have their own rules. 

Plus we know Cities of Sigmar are at least getting a human update at some point next year and likely in the first half of the year. Granted there's strong hints next year is 10th edition for 40K so we know the middle of the year will be dominated by that (though honestly I wish GW could adopt a 5 year edition cycle - 3 years is too darn short, esp the last one where over half was lost to corona)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

I think there is enough room for all :

preorder date

19th Nov warcry box 

26th Nov slaves 2nd wave

3rd Dec xmas battleforce

10th Dec Gitz Underworlds warband

GW have also said that the new slaves to darkness won't be able to be used at their events until the standard battletome is released and the next official GW AoS event is the doubles tournament at warhammer world at the end of January. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EntMan said:

You say again but perhaps we should average out the Squats REs per year over the past 30 years? 😉

My gripe with this one is that instead of making an interesting Rumour Engine they've decided to confirm more releases right after the first wave instead of waiting another month or two to give it at least some breathing room.😞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cyrus said:

Warriors multipart kit 

Knights multipart kit

Exalted hero

Unfortunately, or fortunately for some Im pretty sure GW confirmed the rest of the range was dropping next year.

56 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

GW have also said that the new slaves to darkness won't be able to be used at their events until the standard battletome is released and the next official GW AoS event is the doubles tournament at warhammer world at the end of January. 

Then why on earth could they not delay to the recent release so that they weren't sending out an allegedly premium limited edition version of an already allegedly premium product WITH KNOWN TYPOS AND ERRORS IN IT? Grrr.

Edit: Sorry for the angry rant, but just find it annoying that people say GW prices are high because it's a premium delux product. But much of the time it looks like things are being run by the loosing team on an episode of The Apprentice.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Then why on earth could they not delay to the recent release so that they weren't sending out an allegedly premium limited edition version of an already allegedly premium product WITH KNOWN TYPOS AND ERRORS IN IT? Grrr.

Edit: Sorry for the angry rant, but just find it annoying that people say GW prices are high because it's a premium delux product. But much of the time it looks like things are being run by the loosing team on an episode of The Apprentice.

It makes sense not to allow the new book at events until it is available to everyone. You could end up with 2 people showing up with the same army but with different rulesets. 

They are also not updating the app with the new rules until the book is on general release. Again this makes sense. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

It makes sense not to allow the new book at events until it is available to everyone. You could end up with 2 people showing up with the same army but with different rulesets. 

They are also not updating the app with the new rules until the book is on general release. Again this makes sense. 

My point was that as the new book won't be usable for a while, why not delay the release of the limited edition, take the opportunity to reprint without the errors, instead of putting out a knowingly defective product?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EntMan said:

My point was that as the new book won't be usable for a while, why not delay the release of the limited edition, take the opportunity to reprint without the errors, instead of putting out a knowingly defective product?

Because GW products are neither premium or luxurious. We've just reached the point where we're all stuck in a sunk cost-fallacy and pointing out that fact means you're being negative and/or toxic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

Because GW products are neither premium or luxurious. We've just reached the point where we're all stuck in a sunk cost-fallacy and pointing out that fact means you're being negative and/or toxic.

At least their PRICES are premium 😛

I know, I know, it's lame that I've been gone from TGA a couple months and return to be a Negative Nancy, but as recently as today I was looking at Votann models and had to do a spit take at the prices. 42.50€ for a codex alone!

And even if I've been saying that for years, I wish I'd collected an army when I first joined this forum - I've since then transitioned (Heh) from poor uni student to working, but that includes Real Grownup Problems™ like rising living costs, the current housing crisis, energy prices...to the point I feel like I've finally been priced out of the hobby.

And although video games are also a luxury hobby, it's far easier in this day and age convince someone to, let's say, download Fortnite, Apex Legends, Overwatch 2 or any myriad of cross-platform free-to-play games (that, for the record, have predatory monetisation but at least the core gameplay loop is free) than to tell your mate "Yeah sure we can do something next weekend, just buy a 1500pt army for 300€ and glue them together". It's far easier to say "Hey, should we try this f2p game? It can apparently run on any potato and has cross-platform play".

• Like 7

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

I don't see it as a big deal, there will be a errata and faq after the release anyway, this one is just early. 

Environmentally, it's much better to be up front say there was a mistake, here's a errata rather than destroy and reprint books. 

Ive bought the army book because of the models the book and extras are gravy on the top, a few rule changes won't sully my enjoyment of it. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Environmentally, it's much better to be up front say there was a mistake, here's a errata rather than destroy and reprint books. 

Environmentally, (and also in terms of accessibility) it'd be much better to give people the option of buying the books electronically. I'm not technical but wouldn't this make them updatable/correctable too?

This isn't a balance update. If it was then all the non English language versions would need the 'update' too. This is a mistake. I stand by my assertion that they knowingly sold a faulty product.

Anyway, sorry I'm a grumbler, I will shut up now an let us all get back to rumours.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5