The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

images.jpeg.a0ef9e8a5efc6ea0bfc1662d04a74822.jpeg

I really really wish they'd of kept the Underworlds models anatomy. While they are cool, they're just regular skinks with a different head and tail...

Kinda same and lame. Meh, gratz dino fans!!

I like the difference with how that fits the lore.

Starblood Stalker Chameleons are more animal-like because they’ve been in Ghur for a long time and started Coalescing. 

Gnarlwood chameleons just crashed there so haven’t had time yet to start forming to the Realm and losing their humanoid features.

Bonus they remembered Chameleons form from void-ships that travel through Ulgu’s Realmsphere:

the shadow-touched skinks of Talaxis are devoted sentinels who ensure the sacred ground of their fallen home remains unsullied.”

Could also mean more shadowy/Ulgu-ly dinos may pop out to aid their guerilla war in defending the spaceship.

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

Are there Sylvaneth in the Gnarlwood? Living trees getting up and walking to get ya sounds pretty Sylvaneth, but in other ways this place doesn't sound Sylvanethy at all. What's going on?

yeah, they view the forest as sacred still despite it’s hostilities so it’s been noted nearby Ghurian dreadwoods have stepped in to defend the carnivorous foliage out of obligation.

• Like 4

I saw that pic in the new battletome, i didn't knew you could kitbash your mega gargant like that ! a mix of the 3 originals ( the beard WITH the cowl?? nice)

Another giant on the same pic have the Kraken eater arms/belly stuff but the rest of the Beast Smasher

Screenshot 2022-10-10 at 18-20-29 IMG_7941.JPG (Image JPEG 1000 × 750 pixels).png

Screenshot 2022-10-10 at 18-24-02 IMG_7941.JPG (Image JPEG 1000 × 750 pixels).png

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

6 hours ago, Grungnisson said:

The problem with Grombrindal is that he's supposed to be appearing in the times of dwarfs' greatest need, in which they currently... aren't?

It's more Grungni, who's needy 😆

If I understand it correctly Grombrindal - actually second name for Grungni because he don't want to influence dwarfs as god but guide them in times of need. And each time he returns to his forge he use his memories to craft Grombrindal from them. And I find it very funny that he have manage to save dwarven underworld from Nagash which could lead to Valaya returning)

• Like 1

Absolutely stunning models!! Truly cant wait to see what a new Saurus would look like!!

I agree with others though and I really dislike when they drag out these reveals, I understand not revealing the entire boxed set but at least reveal the whole Warband!! Take a week off and do more Necromunda and then return the week after with the other Warband, Necro again and then reveal the full boxed set. Boom 5 weeks of reveals right there.

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I really really wish they'd of kept the Underworlds models anatomy. While they are cool, they're just regular skinks with a different head and tail...

feet claws might be similar but their hands, arms, and back are not? they have larger forearms, 3 fingers not 4, and these have heavier back scales. They were always going to look similar since these come out of skink spawning pools just like their regular siblings. These still look very distinct though.

They look fantastic, and I would bet money that they're Coalesced that got slightly change by Ghur, or are even simply a different spawning than the Underworlds chameleon. My money is on the former due to the inclusion of spikes on the head and the whole Lifequake thing.

edit: Baron had a better answer, I forgot the second model shown had no horn spikes lol

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Moldek said:

I had to do it I’m so sorry

4B8F5913-8013-4F2C-9755-1880FAF33511.jpeg

I’m just gonna head-canon that as Seraphon that flew through Slaanesh’s prison in the void.

sailing between Hysh & Ulgu they were enlightened upon the most darkest sensations. xD 

uj9guze3j8z01.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

3 hours ago, Elbaf said:

I saw that pic in the new battletome, i didn't knew you could kitbash your mega gargant like that ! a mix of the 3 originals ( the beard WITH the cowl?? nice)

Another giant on the same pic have the Kraken eater arms/belly stuff but the rest of the Beast Smasher

Screenshot 2022-10-10 at 18-20-29 IMG_7941.JPG (Image JPEG 1000 × 750 pixels).png

Screenshot 2022-10-10 at 18-24-02 IMG_7941.JPG (Image JPEG 1000 × 750 pixels).png

The cowl is an awesome conversion tool.

Just on it’s own you can make a Mega-Gargant NightHaunt that really fits an undead mercenary.

FAdNjqNXEAUFKGN.jpg

• Like 12
  • LOVE IT! 5

5 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Hey, hey now, no kink shame. 

In hindsight my post sounded much more aggressive than it should (I‘ve used the tool word, not the bad one though), sorry for that… actually NO, I’m not even sorry, beep everyone if it means more Tzeentch stuff*! 😎😎😎 

I think it‘s time to repeat my ideas for Tzeentch releases, I‘m dead certain all of you wish to hear about them for the 150th time in this thread! 👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

In hindsight my post sounded much more aggressive than it should (I‘ve used the tool word, not the bad one though), sorry for that… actually NO, I’m not even sorry, beep everyone if it means more Tzeentch stuff*! 😎😎😎 

I think it‘s time to repeat my ideas for Tzeentch releases, I‘m dead certain all of you wish to hear about them for the 150th time in this thread! 👍

Due to the changing and protean nature of Tzeentch's demons every release is a Tzeentch Release if you want it to be!

We got some updated Blue and Pink Horror's announced today

Pink and blue.jpeg

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

let's compare notes:

My hopes and dreams for Tzeentch:

New mortal Character/named daemon prince.

Mortal cultist unit

New elite unit that can cast spells

New Daemon Herald in the same vein as Nurgle and Slaanesh.

So long as its aesthetic is a strange mixture of Ancient Egypt/Persia/Asia I will be content

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

let's compare notes:

Mortal cultist unit

So long as its aesthetic is a strange mixture of Ancient Egypt/Persia/Asia I will be content

dx072c5v1jc3.jpeg
iubl0loigcxz.pngI wonder if there was a pair of Tzeentch heroes that could be the foundation of an amazing dual kit that could see play in Slaves to Darkness... if only... 😢

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Due to the changing and protean nature of Tzeentch's demons every release is a Tzeentch Release if you want it to be!

We got some updated Blue and Pink Horror's announced today

Pink and blue.jpeg

Looking at the new  "tzeentch" models what base size do we think this is? 28 or 25s? Do we have any frame of reference for the skinks? 

10 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I’m just gonna head-canon that as Seraphon that flew through Slaanesh’s prison in the void.

sailing between Hysh & Ulgu they were enlightened upon the most darkest sensations. xD 

uj9guze3j8z01.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

The cowl is an awesome conversion tool.

Just on it’s own you can make a Mega-Gargant NightHaunt that really fits an undead mercenary.

FAdNjqNXEAUFKGN.jpg

Hope the King approves of my mega lad.

Screenshot_2022-10-11-07-11-38-48.jpg.894c579fa28737c769cc08679878a72a.jpg

The Ogor kits also make some excellent conversion material.

I've seen one with the Stonetusk horn head bit as a helmet and looks cool af.

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 7

7 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

let's compare notes:

Mortal cultist unit

Ok, you've asked for it! 

* Sorcerer-Warriors: a small unit of 5 in heavy armor and robes in a Curseling style (e.g. knightly look but with Tzeentch-typical design cues (like slightly avian forms or more curved trim), basically a Tzeentch Chosen unit type or similar to Exalted Sorcerers from 40k

* Same kit or another one could be used to create Forsaken - I'd also make them elites in groups of 5 - same type of armor but mixed with the Thing. 

* Quadruple kit: Egrimm Van Horstmann on Baudros / Galrauch / common Chaos dragon ( Tzeentch Lord on common Chaos dragon

* Aekold Helbrass: it would be so fitting for him to return due to his gift of Life.

* Generic Sorcerer-Lord of Tzeentch - just cause I loved that Tzeentch lords were great in CC and amazing spellcasters back in the day when I started. Although this suggestion basically steps on already existing figures heroes we got in DoT, so it's quite senseless.

* and obviously plastic updates for the last few figures. Fatemaster will look amazing I bet and thanks to the new rules, a cool Fluxmaster is desperately needed!

As for the aesthetics: I'm very happy with where they're going, especially how careful they go full-circle (e.g. Gaunt Summoner having the shoulder armor like in the awesome Adrian Smith artwork) or the Curseling managing to bridge the gap between typical Chaos Lord but having the Tzeentch design cues in there.

I'm not too big on them leaning too much into certain directions like Egypt due to me finding that more part of Prospero than Tzeentch and thus a TS thing or Persian as that is Slaanesh's thing in AoS now but I like the subtle nods to all those directions. Since I'm repeating myself anyways, I'll also say this again: they should look at dudes like Marvel's Mysterio for inspiration - who also got all those occult design cues but still fits into classical the overall super villain look. I'd like the Tzeentch stuff to also marry those two worlds - Mortal Chaos as we know it but with all the subtle nods you've mentioned (like the quite asian visor area of the Curseling as an example).

• Like 2