The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Me-dude-sa said:

Glad for those who are interested in The Old World. However, I’m still kind of nervous about how it’ll affect AoS, especially with how much of a drought we’ve had recently. 

probably not much since it a seperate game with a different team from FW.

i would be supprise if it in a bit of development hell given the current problems in the world and UK

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Me-dude-sa said:

Glad for those who are interested in The Old World. However, I’m still kind of nervous about how it’ll affect AoS, especially with how much of a drought we’ve had recently. 

I assume exactly the same as HH affected 40k.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Me-dude-sa said:

Won't affect AoS at all. Same as HH doesn't affect 40K.

They all have there own design teams. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, novakai said:

I have a feeling it Tzeentch vs Seraphon just judging by the name of the box set.

in fact even though they said they would do other warband not slaves to darkness, they are still allow to do one for other chaos army and i think each box will have one warband from each chaos god army. And they already started with Rotmire creed 

Yeah so 3 more potentially leaving 4 Warbands that arent Chaos, unless Skaven and BOC get one.

I understand the Big 4 getting a Warband each but after leaving The Eightpoints I was hoping for maybe 1 or 2 and the rest different Warbands.

Same reason Kill Team is so successful all the variety.

the content drought is still a problem and i am not one that going to say next year is going to be any better just because we came out of the pandemic and i do think teleworking does cause deadline, priority and plans to go out the window during that time

• Like 1

my theory for the box would be:

Sundered fate: Seraphon vs Tzeentch

Bloodhunt: Khorne vs Flesh-eater court or Soulblight (there was a hint in the gnarlwood map)

Nightmare Quest: Slaanesh vs. ummm Gitz (i mean there was an excerpt in the Gitz tome about spiderfang fighting slaaneshi and using hallugenic nightmare stuff on them)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, novakai said:

Bloodhunt: Khorne vs Flesh-eater court or Soulblight (there was a hint in the gnarlwood map)

Nightmare Quest: Slaanesh vs. ummm Gitz (i mean there was an excerpt in the Gitz tome about spiderfang fighting slaaneshi and using hallugenic nightmare stuff on them)

Leaving 1 more Warband if we get the same amount as last time. Plus monsters.

• Like 1

Could the "monsters" be man-eaters? 🤔 And able to be taken by any destro warband. 

They do hire themselves out....

There was that rumor about the mancrushers getting an upgrade sprue, what if what they really saw was a highly customizable man-eaters sprue?...

Sounds juicy.

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

I'll definitely be collecting and happy to see The Old World return for new lore and just seeing that setting again.

But primarily I'll be collecting to make new AoS armies. 

Still looking forward to doing a Kislevite Death army to march alongside Radukar and the eastern style Skeletons and other Eastern Vamps.

A Cathayan themed City of Sigmar. Yes please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Me-dude-sa said:

Honestly, even though I'm not particularly interested in ToW at this point I'd be more concerned with it becoming vaporware than eating up AoS releases. Since it was announced it's been a good three years of biannual maps and scraps of concept art. If GW doesn't have anything more solid to show next week (I expect not) than I'm sure everyone is good to ignore it for another couple of years.

• Like 1

GW absolutely must reveal Warcry : Sundered Fate in full tomorrow, right ?

We already got a wee teaser with the Skink and the roadmap, they announced the entire WHU : Gnarlwood core set on a "normal" Monday and the new quarterly Kill Team box goes on pre order next week... I guess we are all set right ?

Spoiler

... really looking forward for some non-Total War related The Old World news, too !!!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

GW absolutely must reveal Warcry : Sundered Fate in full tomorrow, right ?

We already got a wee teaser with the Skink and the roadmap, they announced the entire WHU : Gnarlwood core set on a "normal" Monday and the new quarterly Kill Team box goes on pre order next week... I guess we are all set right ?

Hide contents

... really looking forward for some non-Total War related The Old World news, too !!!

I cannot wait especially if its new Seraphon AND new terrain.

• Like 2

Hopfully it's a full reveal of the next warcry book, I want a full boards worth of Ghur terrain. 

And I really hope TOW is a meaty update. 

I love AoS, I think it's an amazing game, simple to learn with as many extra layers as you want. The new armies are fun and characterful and AoS models are the best GW do imo. 

However, my first love was Warhammer, for when I got the 4th Ed starter box of goblins vs high elves I was hooked. 

I still have armies on square bases and they are eager to take to the battlefield and try out the new rules of the TOW. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

I assume exactly the same as HH affected 40k.

So we're going to have a bunch of $80 boxes of infantry and elites with special weapons being sold separately? Honestly it sounds great when it comes to soul blight, skaven, and orcs/gitz, but everyone else are about to get trampled....

2 hours ago, novakai said:

I hope that the Slaanesh warband is circus themed, since it's been mentioned throughout the lore that Slaanesh has cults of warrior-acrobats. 

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I'll definitely be collecting and happy to see The Old World return for new lore and just seeing that setting again.

But primarily I'll be collecting to make new AoS armies. 

Still looking forward to doing a Kislevite Death army to march alongside Radukar and the eastern style Skeletons and other Eastern Vamps.

A Cathayan themed City of Sigmar. Yes please.

Don't forget Morathi-Khaine Worshipping Khuresh, Monkey and Tiger flavored Beastmen, Chaos Dwarfs, and THE RETURN OF LONG LOST NEHEKHARA AND MYSTERIOUS ARABY!!! 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Won't affect AoS at all. Same as HH doesn't affect 40K.

They all have there own design teams. 

while this is technically true (the teams are separate), I find it to be a bit formalistic. It's still the same company so unless you consider the amount of resources available to be endless, it might very well affect AoS if, just as an example, ToW ends up being very successful and the company decides it's better to invest there than into AoS.

Or, it might also impact it in the simplest of ways, with an already relatively small community splitting up etc etc.

So, I'd say a bit of nervousness is warranted from those who like AoS and its community.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Marcvs said:

while this is technically true (the teams are separate), I find it to be a bit formalistic. It's still the same company so unless you consider the amount of resources available to be endless, it might very well affect AoS if, just as an example, ToW ends up being very successful and the company decides it's better to invest there than into AoS.

Or, it might also impact it in the simplest of ways, with an already relatively small community splitting up etc etc.

So, I'd say a bit of nervousness is warranted from those who like AoS and its community.

i mean i think bottom line, 40K is much more important than either game system really. i think even the old fantasy grognard think too highly of themself in the GW ecosystem but GW will always prioritize 40K over their other system when it comes down to it. like this year they where clearly trying to get 40K back on track before 10th edition.

at least to a point, i don't even think they think much of Old world more then a side game like their other side ventures

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I don't and I'm a massive AoS fan. 

The way I see it is TOW will appeal to people like myself who grew up with and still have a soft spot for Warhammer. 

Total war fans. 

Those who never moved on from the destruction of Warhammer (tho from the awful levels of toxicity some old world Facebook groups put out, I'm guessing many won't buy anything new, which was part of the reason warhammer died). 

And finally brand new players to the world that was. 

There is plenty of players to go round. 

GW produce and support so many games now, even they know, not everyone can play and collect everything. 

Back when I worked for GW in the 90s it was expected you know how to play every game in production and have a army/gang/team for each game currently sold (which they supplied at game launch). But back then its was warhammer, 40k and 1 or 2 others. 

I'll be suprised if that was the case now with 11 (I think) games currently supported. 

My point being the hobby is growing and there is plenty to go around. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I hope that the Slaanesh warband is circus themed, since it's been mentioned throughout the lore that Slaanesh has cults of warrior-acrobats.

Might tread upon the whole carneval of Nurgle theme that‘s been established since forever. 🤔 It would fit well too, though and acrobats are certainly not part of the carneval. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I don't and I'm a massive AoS fan. 

The way I see it is TOW will appeal to people like myself who grew up with and still have a soft spot for Warhammer. 

Total war fans. 

Those who never moved on from the destruction of Warhammer (tho from the awful levels of toxicity some old world Facebook groups put out, I'm guessing many won't buy anything new, which was part of the reason warhammer died). 

And finally brand new players to the world that was. 

There is plenty of players to go round. 

GW produce and support so many games now, even they know, not everyone can play and collect everything. 

Back when I worked for GW in the 90s it was expected you know how to play every game in production and have a army/gang/team for each game currently sold (which they supplied at game launch). But back then its was warhammer, 40k and 1 or 2 others. 

I'll be suprised if that was the case now with 11 (I think) games currently supported. 

My point being the hobby is growing and there is plenty to go around. 

granted if global recession and poor economic conditions possibly happening soon, i will say don't expect us to keep being in a golden age of hobbying and Warhammer. GW can say what want about consistent growth, but sooner or later thing will have to stagnant (or collapse) until condition stabilizes again

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, novakai said:

granted if global recession and poor economic conditions possibly happening soon, i will say don't expect us to keep being in a golden age of hobbying and Warhammer. GW can say what want about consistent growth, but sooner or later thing will have to stagnant (or collapse) until condition stabilizes again

Of course, its happened before. There was a huge growth the Lord of the Rings films and games came out which dropped off after return of the King. 

GW were really good at investing that money tho, putting it into new technology, buying land, new machinery and paying off debts. 

I don't think the plastics of today would be as good as they are now without LOTR. 

I'm sure GW is prepared for coming economic trouble as most companies are. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Of course, its happened before. There was a huge growth the Lord of the Rings films and games came out which dropped off after return of the King. 

GW were really good at investing that money tho, putting it into new technology, buying land, new machinery and paying off debts. 

I don't think the plastics of today would be as good as they are now without LOTR. 

I'm sure GW is prepared for coming economic trouble as most companies are. 

yeah by u know cutting down on stuff and rethinking plans, maybe they expanded too much during the pandemic and now are feeling the gutt of keeping that stuff running

they don't need random people to defended them on the internet 

Edited by novakai

14 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

So we're going to have a bunch of $80 boxes of infantry and elites with special weapons being sold separately? Honestly it sounds great when it comes to soul blight, skaven, and orcs/gitz, but everyone else are about to get trampled....

I don't know. I wasn't talking about what kind of boxes are we going to have, or how compatible both games are going to be. I was talking about the number of releases fro 40k after HH 2.0 was released:

40k released a new army, revealed a new one, upgraded an old one, a campaign (some rumors say it's a build up until a new edition) and hinted new HQs (one of them being a possible new army).

I'm just ignoring killteam too, but you get the point.

It still exists the possibility of TOW being hiper-popular but let's wait and see how this goes.

Edited by Beliman

5 hours ago, novakai said:

yeah by u know cutting down on stuff and rethinking plans, maybe they expanded too much during the pandemic and now are feeling the gutt of keeping that stuff running

they don't need random people to defended them on the internet 

I'm not defending them, there's nothing to defend. 

I was agreeing with you while stating what has happened in the past. 

• Like 2