The Rumour Thread

for comparison, when 9th was release for 40K, that year 2020 we only had 3 battletome single release (KO, DoT, and Seraphon) and two big release (LRL and Sons) and lastly BR Morathi much late in the year. now fair to say that COVID probably delayed some release on the latter half of 2020 after Indomitus like Cursed City and the second wave of Hedonites.

while it was a fair amount of release, there was a clear lull during the actual edition launch and it felt comparatively less than the prior year. i have notice that during the year of an AOS edition, there is a lot of release that are push out before the new edition.

before Soul Wars, we had Nurgle, LoN, DoK, and Deepkin, and for Dominon we had 3 BR books with a lot of models for those books, Hedonites mortals, LRL 2nd wave, and Soulblight gravelords.

Total random (had a few beers) but I do want to see the seraphon warcry kit as all skink chameleons, just one sweet ass multi loadout cross compatible kit!!!

Its one step closer to a range refresh as I really, really want to like seraphon but most of y'alls kits suck!! 

I wish they released new infantry or models instead of heroes. Like nighthaunt is a great army but have a glut of infantry size heroes and infantry. They needed a monster or big cavalry. What did they get? A new infantry hero. Idoneth also have many infantry heros but randomly got another one. Storm cast is like 50% infantry heroes.

In contrast the sylvaneth bug riders were perfect, filling a hole that the army had in a thematic and interesting way.

I think these kits are more to produce (bigger, more plastic, harder to ship) but at the same time, ppl also buy more than one so hopefully it evens out.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Frowny said:

I wish they released new infantry or models instead of heroes. Like nighthaunt is a great army but have a glut of infantry size heroes and infantry. They needed a monster or big cavalry. What did they get? A new infantry hero. Idoneth also have many infantry heros but randomly got another one. Storm cast is like 50% infantry heroes.

In contrast the sylvaneth bug riders were perfect, filling a hole that the army had in a thematic and interesting way.

I think these kits are more to produce (bigger, more plastic, harder to ship) but at the same time, ppl also buy more than one so hopefully it evens out.

I know that a lot of production has been getting pulled out of China over the last few years, so it's possible that they've had to be selective in where they focus range expansions until they bring the new facilities fully online. 

I think there's also the fact that GW is making a concerted effort to bring all of the factions into better balance overall, which is easier to do with smaller ranges. Once a faction is in a good place, it's a lot easier to introduce and balance new units than it is to try to manage both at the same time.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

I know that a lot of production has been getting pulled out of China over the last few years, so it's possible that they've had to be selective in where they focus range expansions until they bring the new facilities fully online. 

I think there's also the fact that GW is making a concerted effort to bring all of the factions into better balance overall, which is easier to do with smaller ranges. Once a faction is in a good place, it's a lot easier to introduce and balance new units than it is to try to manage both at the same time.

GW are not a rules driven company, they are a model driven one.

The current state of the rules and/or balance has 0 relevance to what they decide to release.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2022 at 10:42 PM, Nezzhil said:

Updated list!

Necromunda
Escher bikes
FW Models

Underworlds
Warhammer Underworlds Gnarlwood

Horus Heresy
Liber Imperium
FW Models
Land Raider Proteus + Few FW upgrade kits

Kill Team
December unknown Box

Warcry
New Warcry Box - Sundered Fate (Seraphon vs X)

Warhammer 40k
Votann Codex + Votann kits (2 weeks at least) + Datacards + dices
6 Battleforces
Templar special model

Age of Sigmar
Enlightener blister?
Ogors BT + Vanguard? + dices? + Warscroll + new Hunter blister
Behemat  Wasrcroll cards
Tzeentch Curseling Blister?
Sylvaneth Vanguard?
Slaves to Darkness Armybox
4 Battleforces

Lumineth BT + Vanguard + dices + Warscroll cards
Behemat BT + dices? + King Brodd kit + Mancrusher kit + Mancruhser mob

Other books
Blood Bowl Almanac?

Updated list!

Necromunda
Escher bikes
FW Models

Underworlds
Warhammer Underworlds Gnarlwood

Horus Heresy
Liber Imperium
FW Models

Kill Team
Kaskrin vs Necron box

Warcry
New Warcry Box - Sundered Fate (Seraphon vs X)

Warhammer 40k
Votann Codex + Votann kits (2 weeks at least) + Datacards + dices
Astra Militarum Armybox
6 Battleforces

Age of Sigmar
Enlightener blister?
Ogors BT + Vanguard? + dices? + Warscroll + new Hunter blister
Behemat  Wasrcroll cards
Tzeentch Curseling Blister?
Sylvaneth Vanguard?
Slaves to Darkness Armybox
4 Battleforces

Other books
Blood Bowl Almanac?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/09/sunday-preview-kill-team-expands-middle-earth-heroes-return-and-new-hobby-tools/

There are reveals for Warcry, more on Kill Team: Shadowvaults, and an update on The Old World.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Frowny said:

It more due to the fact that mold for heroes are probably easier to design, faster, and less costly then units. The whole production process itself is rather complex and lengthy.

for more info go watch goobertown video of where he get a tour from Archon Studio and how they produce miniatures.

31 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

GW are not a rules driven company, they are a model driven one.

The current state of the rules and/or balance has 0 relevance to what they decide to release.

I mean, I see your point, and obviously models are their primary source of revenue.

That said, the amount of rulebooks being release compared to the number of models being released tells a slightly different story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

I mean, I see your point, and obviously models are their primary source of revenue.

That said, the amount of rulebooks being release compared to the number of models being released tells a slightly different story.

Not really just one is just easier to release then the other due to production time

their primary revenue is still miniature (primary space marines) as well as hobby stuff

books are just side revenue that just a bonus 

Edited by novakai

3 minutes ago, Plinketts Mawtribes said:

How is it that the Sons book is releasing before the Mawtribes? The Sons' last book was more recent (also designed with 3.0 in mind, according to talk), and they had a WD update shortly after.

Because they love the giants more.

im really hoping the delay is because it’s just that awesome

6 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

My bets on warcry ogors so they can release close to the tome kinda giving them more than just the bloodpelt. ✌

I have a feeling it Tzeentch vs Seraphon just judging by the name of the box set.

in fact even though they said they would do other warband not slaves to darkness, they are still allow to do one for other chaos army and i think each box will have one warband from each chaos god army. And they already started with Rotmire creed 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Because they love the giants more.

im really hoping the delay is because it’s just that awesome

12 minutes ago, Plinketts Mawtribes said:

How is it that the Sons book is releasing before the Mawtribes? The Sons' last book was more recent (also designed with 3.0 in mind, according to talk), and they had a WD update shortly after.

Gamesworkshop has no rhyme or reason for their releases. Why did DOK get a second Tome in, what, a Year and a bit? 

Mawtribes and Sons are both releasing before Gloomspite which is crazy but hopefully means the Grotz are getting some new toys. 

Same for Mawtribes!! Hopefully we get new Maneaters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

Gamesworlshop has no rhyme or reason for their releases. Why did DOK get a second Tome in, what, a Year and a bit? 

Mawtribes and Sons are both releasong before Gloomspite which is crazy but hopefully meants the Grotz are getting some new toys. 

Same for Mawtribes!! Hopefully we get new Maneaters.

Lumineth got three tomes before Gitz got one. It's really baffling and I hope this kind of thing stays an exception.

• Like 3