The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, KarrWolves said:

The video is awesome too!

28 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

How often is battlescroll released? Can't wait for an update for the kruleboyz!!

If they say very soon that means that it will be released next week!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sweepstakes for 2023 then, what are we expecting/hoping for?

Dawnbringers? Grungni? Chaos Dwarves? Malerion? Silent people? Kurnothi? Another lumineth book?!

I'll go first:

- soulblight update with grave guard and maybe a few other updated kits

- beasts of chaos with a new shaggoth

- OBR with archers

- khorne with valkia

- cities/dawnbringers 

- unlikely as it is to happen, I'd love a seraphon/skaven range refresh. I don't play either army, but some of those kits are ancient.

- also in the realms of the highly unlikely, and highly controversial, I'd absolutely love to see Tyrion and his angel aelves. That would obviously mean another book though, and you know how the community is.

Edited by Jagged Red Lines
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Sweepstakes for 2023 then, what are we expecting/hoping for?

Dawnbringers? Grungni? Chaos Dwarves? Malerion? Silent people? Kurnothi? Another lumineth book?!

I'll go first:

- soulblight update with grave guard and maybe a few other updated kits

- beasts of chaos with a new shaggoth

- OBR with archers

- khorne with valkia

- cities/dawnbringers 

- unlikely as it is to happen, I'd love a seraphon/skaven range refresh. I don't play either army, but some of those kits are ancient.

- also in the realms of the highly unlikely, and highly controversial, I'd absolutely love to see Tyrion and his angel aelves. That would obviously mean another book though, and you know how the community is.

I’m hoping for Chaos Dwarfs, soulblight update with more of a East-European and Egyptian mix of aesthetic. The Dawnbringer Crusades are definitely coming next year, so I won’t say anything about that. Finally, let’s see something completely out of left field in the form of a genuinely new faction.

7 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I think we'll see chaos dwarves either as a destruction faction or dual faction with a industrial focus and mix of machine and magic. 

A couple of Sylvaneth sized model waves. 

The start of the end of era of the beast with the next big power rising. 

I feel like if they give the chorfs an industrialist Assyrian/Persian feel, the whole range would be sold out in five minutes.

1 minute ago, Ogregut said:

I think we'll see chaos dwarves either as a destruction faction or dual faction with a industrial focus and mix of machine and magic. 

A couple of Sylvaneth sized model waves. 

The start of the end of era of the beast with the next big power rising. 

"chaos" dwarves are by definition chaotic, and therefore in Chaos 🤔. I can't imagine they would relaunch them and ditch all the Hashut chaos god connections. 

Destruction has an identity problem, as its a very narrow focus, and tends to pigeonhole armies into Orruk clones (ie brutish rampaging forces of destruction). That's an issue that's been discussed here in depth before. The only easy design space I see left for destruction that gives a portrayal vastly different than brutish, smashy humanoids is a devouring swarm type army ala-tyrranids. Something like a horde of mindless locusts that devour everything around them, with no thought of morality. 

With the rumored 40K 10th edition starter box supposedly being Tyrranids vs. Blood Angels, I would love to see a tyrranid line revamp that crossed the 40K/AoS barrier, similar to how chaos demons work.  Hordes of the "Silent ones" awaken, answering some primordial urge (like cicadas) and swarm up from below ground, devouring all that's in their path. New Hormagaunts and Carnifexes, and a pile of other new bugs to terrify the mortal realms. Doesn't even have to be tyrranid related, but if I was GW, I'd link the two lines and promote my unique IP for increased exposure and sales. 

How's that for a Rumor? 🤪

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I had wondered if Chorfs might be Destruction (Destorfs?) but I'm pretty sure that recent WarCom articles mentioning Hashut have specifically mentioned him as a chaos god.

Edited by EntMan

7 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

The only easy design space I see left for destruction that gives a portrayal vastly different than brutish, smashy humanoids is a devouring swarm type army ala-tyrranids. Something like a horde of mindless locusts that devour everything around them, with no thought of morality. 

Skaven!

7 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

With the rumored 40K 10th edition starter box supposedly being Tyrranids vs. Blood Angels, I would love to see a tyrranid line revamp that crossed the 40K/AoS barrier, similar to how chaos demons work.  Hordes of the "Silent ones" awaken, answering some primordial urge (like cicadas) and swarm up from below ground, devouring all that's in their path. New Hormagaunts and Carnifexes, and a pile of other new bugs to terrify the mortal realms.

There's starting to be lore about a menace in the void between the realms.

9 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

"chaos" dwarves are by definition chaotic, and therefore in Chaos 🤔. I can't imagine they would relaunch them and ditch all the Hashut chaos god connections. 

Destruction has an identity problem, as its a very narrow focus, and tends to pigeonhole armies into Orruk clones (ie brutish rampaging forces of destruction). That's an issue that's been discussed here in depth before. The only easy design space I see left for destruction that gives a portrayal vastly different than brutish, smashy humanoids is a devouring swarm type army ala-tyrranids. Something like a horde of mindless locusts that devour everything around them, with no thought of morality. 

With the rumored 40K 10th edition starter box supposedly being Tyrranids vs. Blood Angels, I would love to see a tyrranid line revamp that crossed the 40K/AoS barrier, similar to how chaos demons work.  Hordes of the "Silent ones" awaken, answering some primordial urge (like cicadas) and swarm up from below ground, devouring all that's in their path. New Hormagaunts and Carnifexes, and a pile of other new bugs to terrify the mortal realms. Doesn't even have to be tyrranid related, but if I was GW, I'd link the two lines and promote my unique IP for increased exposure and sales. 

Lol, I just called them chaos dwarves as that's their old name, they will get a new AoS name I'm sure. 

Sorry, but a nid/insect line that can be used in 40k and AoS sounds awful. 

I will be upset if Chaos Dwarfs are destruction... but mostly on the principal that I feel like Grimnir should have been a destruction god and rival to Gorkamorka and Fyreslayers could have been the Destruction Dwarves and added a little more civility to the Grand Alliance. 

But I also feel like Chaos needs more Gods than the Big Four and the Sometimes Rat god... I really hope Morghur is treated directly as a god and same with Be'Lakor. Archaon as well although I think it should anger him to be treated as such. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, EntMan said:

I had wondered if Chorfs might be Destruction (Destorfs?) but I'm pretty sure that recent WarCom articles mentioning Hashut have specifically mentioned him as a chaos god.

I can see them being a dual faction army. You can lean into chaos and the worship of Hashut, maybe with priests or go the destruction route will greenskins and more warlord type characters. 

• LOVE IT! 1

Chorfs enslaved orcs and created black orcs because they needed tougher orcs. Their entire ethos stems from dominating everything and everyone. Think Molag Baal from Elder Scrolls. Having them destruction would make very little sense since they are very much about industry and building stuff... Just in a very different and more sinister way than other duardin.

That and Hashut being a chaos god of domination and tyranny. Probably not the sharing type. Chorf society is also built on that philosophy. A lore accurate method could be create a rule similar to "allies" but instead call it slaves. A dark theme to explore but Chorfs are one the most wilfully cruel and brutal factions in the game (up there with WHFB dark elves). In many ways similar to CSM Iron Warriors in how they view other life other than themselves as beneath them, either to be used used up in their factories or be crushed into submission (or a bloody pulp).

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Don't know if anybody remembers it as it's a game that died 20 years ago. But the wolfen of Yllia from confrontation were basically the ideal of a destruction aligned army.

They were a force of nature not a cohesive force with a specific goal. They were a people who lived in "harmony" with the land and were fiercely territorial . Despising other factions encroaching on their territory , and eschewing the trappings or civilization . The only exceptions they made was they traded for weapons with the dwarves of that universe .

Something similar as a new destruction faction would honestly be ideal . Without the need to be gorkamorka aligned and perpetually having to go on "notawaaghweswear"

33 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Lol, I just called them chaos dwarves as that's their old name, they will get a new AoS name I'm sure. 

Sorry, but a nid/insect line that can be used in 40k and AoS sounds awful. 

Ehh, to each his own. :)  At this point id take any new design space for AoS, and a mindless swarm army would be an entirely new design space for AoS. I mean how many humanoid smash things type factions can you have? Some sort of non-humanoid faction would be a welcome change, and there's been clamor for some version of the Silent ones for some time now. A vehicle heavy army would also be another welcome design we don't see much of. Either skygrots, industrial dwarves, Ironweld legions, or even vampire pirates could fit the bill.

I mean we've already got various flavors of good humans, bad humans, snakey humans, pointy eared humans, short hairy humans, rat humans, greenskinned humans, cow humans, large humans, huge humans, scaly humans, dead humans, on and on and on... Only Sylvaneth, Kharadron Overlords,  and Chaos Demons really feel like a unique design space apart from the others. And I guess heavy beast factions like Iondeath deepkin and Seraphon also provide some new design space. Whatever we get for the next AoS army, I hope its something unique and refreshing, and not a re-tread of what we already have. Let those GW modelers and sculptors branch out and create some truly awe inspiring models, lets see where they can go!.

And for all your various humanoid flavors, don't worry Warhammer the Old World is coming up fast, and you can get re-treads of all your classic factions you already bought 20 years ago :)

48 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Skaven!

There's starting to be lore about a menace in the void between the realms.

Eldritch horror and related cultists would be fantastic. Would love to see them as a new Grand Alliance, and not just a new chaos flavor. Heck, their appearance could shake the foundations of the Mortal Realms and cause the current system to collapse. Create an all new Grand alliance system for 4th edition in 2 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I will be upset if Chaos Dwarfs are destruction... but mostly on the principal that I feel like Grimnir should have been a destruction god and rival to Gorkamorka and Fyreslayers could have been the Destruction Dwarves and added a little more civility to the Grand Alliance. 

But I also feel like Chaos needs more Gods than the Big Four and the Sometimes Rat god... I really hope Morghur is treated directly as a god and same with Be'Lakor. Archaon as well although I think it should anger him to be treated as such. 

I was just thinking yesterday that I feel like the big 4 +GHR/Hashut/Morghur/Belakor fills out an 8 pointed star of chaos nicely with Archaon in the middle still.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

I was just thinking yesterday that I feel like the big 4 +GHR/Hashut/Morghur/Belakor fills out an 8 pointed star of chaos nicely with Archaon in the middle still.

It is funny i have been developing that into the background of my Chaos army and trying to figure out how to place the realms/winds of magic in between each.

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

Ehh, to each his own. :)  At this point id take any new design space for AoS, and a mindless swarm army would be an entirely new design space for AoS. I mean how many humanoid smash things type factions can you have? Some sort of non-humanoid faction would be a welcome change, and there's been clamor for some version of the Silent ones for some time now. A vehicle heavy army would also be another welcome design we don't see much of. Either skygrots, industrial dwarves, Ironweld legions, or even vampire pirates could fit the bill.

I mean we've already got various flavors of good humans, bad humans, snakey humans, pointy eared humans, short hairy humans, rat humans, greenskinned humans, cow humans, large humans, huge humans, scaly humans, dead humans, on and on and on... Only Sylvaneth, Kharadron Overlords,  and Chaos Demons really feel like a unique design space apart from the others. And I guess heavy beast factions like Iondeath deepkin and Seraphon also provide some new design space. Whatever we get for the next AoS army, I hope its something unique and refreshing, and not a re-tread of what we already have. Let those GW modelers and sculptors branch out and create some truly awe inspiring models, lets see where they can go!.

And for all your various humanoid flavors, don't worry Warhammer the Old World is coming up fast, and you can get re-treads of all your classic factions you already bought 20 years ago :)

I'm all for something new and different. 

It's why when chaos dwarves (or whatever they'll be named) get released I want them to be different to how they were in the world that was. 

What I think sounds awful is sharing a model line that can be used in 40k (it makes sense for demons). If we're going to have somethig brand new, let it have its own line of models. 

1 hour ago, pnkdth said:

Chorfs enslaved orcs and created black orcs because they needed tougher orcs. Their entire ethos stems from dominating everything and everyone. Think Molag Baal from Elder Scrolls. Having them destruction would make very little sense since they are very much about industry and building stuff... Just in a very different and more sinister way than other duardin.

That and Hashut being a chaos god of domination and tyranny. Probably not the sharing type. Chorf society is also built on that philosophy. A lore accurate method could be create a rule similar to "allies" but instead call it slaves. A dark theme to explore but Chorfs are one the most wilfully cruel and brutal factions in the game (up there with WHFB dark elves). In many ways similar to CSM Iron Warriors in how they view other life other than themselves as beneath them, either to be used used up in their factories or be crushed into submission (or a bloody pulp).

A great summary of the WHFB chaos dwarves. 

Doesn't mean AoS one's will be the same. 

I dont want a copy and paste from warhammer, i can play warhammer for that, I want something different and exciting. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I'm all for something new and different. 

It's why when chaos dwarves (or whatever they'll be named) get released I want them to be different to how they were in the world that was. 

What I think sounds awful is sharing a model line that can be used in 40k (it makes sense for demons). If we're going to have somethig brand new, let it have its own line of models. 

A great summary of the WHFB chaos dwarves. 

Doesn't mean AoS one's will be the same. 

I dont want a copy and paste from warhammer, i can play warhammer for that, I want something different and exciting. 

I hope there's new stuff too but turning it into something completely unrecognisable is not the way to go with established armies. At that point you gotta strike a balance between old and new so the change actually makes sense within its setting. In regard, Chorfs going destruction doesn't fit because it be such a huge departure from what their god stands for + I think it is unlikely GW will abandon the daemonic machines and its potential to create some truly awesome models.

I am not sure if you misunderstood me, I was just making parallels between philosophies (concerning CSM iron warriors) not suggesting overlap in models. The CSM aesthetic doesn't fit AoS properly either (except maybe the soul grinder/mauler fiend). However, I hope we get to see more of the chaos duardin FW style explored more fully. Especially more bull daemons and crazy war machine + whatever unholy awesomeness they conjure up for its centre-piece model.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

so people preordered an obsolete book is what this is saying... why buy any of their books??

Agreed. I'm dismayed by how many people are saying "well done for owning thr mistake and fixing it with errata" . We shouldn't need errata, the books should be good in the first place. I hate that gw have bred a culture where we expect to buy unbalanced books and aplaude them when they change the rules two weeks later. They will sell this book for at least a couple of years, faults and all.

If they really can't playtest things robustly without community input then they should sposhing well switch to open playtesting. Release every book's rules six months before it goes to print. Let everyone play it, and then release a fine tuned version when it's ready. Plenty of other companies do just that and people still buy the books. If anything its free marketing.

If they are serious about fixing this book then they should reprint it. Delay the release and let everyone have the actual rules in their book and not tucked in the back on a bit of paper.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Agreed. I'm dismayed by how many people are saying "well done for owning thr mistake and fixing it with errata" . We shouldn't need errata, the books should be good in the first place. I hate that gw have bred a culture where we expect to buy unbalanced books and aplaude them when they change the rules two weeks later. They will sell this book for at least a couple of years, faults and all.

If they really can't playtest things robustly without community input then they should sposhing well switch to open playtesting. Release every book's rules six months before it goes to print. Let everyone play it, and then release a fine tuned version when it's ready. Plenty of other companies do just that and people still buy the books. If anything its free marketing.

If they are serious about fixing this book then they should reprint it. Delay the release and let everyone have the actual rules in their book and not tucked in the back on a bit of paper.

maybe this is why we haven't seen the new Lumineth book 😒?

59 minutes ago, Augusto said:

many people buys them for the lore and art

I've done that as well, however, you should not be able to pre-order a book that is already outdated before it is even shipped to you... Lore and art is not enough to excuse this. Separate the rules from lore and art. Sell L&A for 30-40 bucks local currency. Release the rules online and fix them ad infinitum.

• Like 6