The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It is a bit odd that a specifically Hashut-themed warband don't have a single Chorf despite them popping up in two other human-tied warbands. At the very least I'd have expected a Chorf leader, even if he's surrounded by 'lesser human' underlings.

Seeing as how this box is coming with a separate book for the warbands, maybe we’ll get some lore regarding Hashut and his chosen Dawi?

• Like 5

Absolutely loved the reveals. Kroot was a big shocker considering the rumours. 

The Amazon's will make some cool Seraphon themed Free City conversion. Mix in the snakes from the Splintered Fang, maybe some Untamed Beasts with Seraphon weapons, boom.

Speaking of Seraphon, I do hope the further mention of the jungle being created by a crashed ship points to a Seraphon warband. Great way to update the Warrior kit!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Absolutely loved the reveals. Kroot was a big shocker considering the rumours. 

The Amazon's will make some cool Seraphon themed Free City conversion. Mix in the snakes from the Splintered Fang, maybe some Untamed Beasts with Seraphon weapons, boom.

Speaking of Seraphon, I do hope the further mention of the jungle being created by a crashed ship points to a Seraphon warband. Great way to update the Warrior kit!

They will absolutely do a Seraphon Warband for this Edition. I just hope its full of Saurus and Kroxigor rather than Skinks!!

• Like 2

I'm a bit sad its chaos v chaos again, having a nurgle warband is a slight variation, which is nice, but pretty soon the StD book will be nothing but warcry and underworlds kits. Having it set in ghur gives so many interesting alternatives too.
I do like the scenery though, it'll go well with my thondia box so I can paint all of it up and have a pretty cool ghur themed table.

On 7/10/2022 at 2:25 AM, Nezzhil said:

I'm not worried about the AoS future. I'm pretty sure we are gonna receive a ton of news and we are gonna feel amused again.

BUT, where are the Gitz leaks?! I'm starting getting angry! Why the Destro never gets leaked?!

Even the leakers don't care about our armies 😢

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

I'm a bit sad its chaos v chaos again, having a nurgle warband is a slight variation, which is nice, but pretty soon the StD book will be nothing but warcry and underworlds kits. Having it set in ghur gives so many interesting alternatives too.
I do like the scenery though, it'll go well with my thondia box so I can paint all of it up and have a pretty cool ghur themed table.

Yeah I'm with you on the Warcry Warbands, the Chaos battletome is going to be so bloated with those units. Having a couple of them is cool but when you start to catch up to the Necromunda Gangs and it all goes into one faction? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Yeah I'm with you on the Warcry Warbands, the Chaos battletome is going to be so bloated with those units. Having a couple of them is cool but when you start to catch up to the Necromunda Gangs and it all goes into one faction? 

15 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Presumably any god-specific warbands will be in their respective books. I just hope they make the warbands actually viable rather than the uninspired 1 attack scrolls they currently have. Considering that it's increasingly likely they'll be replacing marauders I would love to see them actually be comparable.

• Like 1

Just wanted to add as it ties to AOS in the loosest possible way but this art makes me want to build a pure demon army. Although this might be the most sensible solution in terms of building my Chaos Knights into a full 40k faction while sticking primarily to AoS:

Yf88AwSPLhn1ZVI7.jpg

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

If feel like they should have done at least one beast themed or destruction army in the box. They could easily have done beasts of chaos if they needed to do chaos, maybe throw some Bullgors in the mix. Love the scenery though. I hope they do the smaller scenery boxes with those.

• LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Just wanted to add as it ties to AOS in the loosest possible way but this art makes me want to build a pure demon army:

Yf88AwSPLhn1ZVI7.jpg

Something interesting to note, I did a count of the current datasheets vs the number they gave for the new codex, and it's exactly the same (including the slaanesh entries added in supplements), meaning the twins are remaining AoS-only.

Not surprising on a background level with how they tie into Slaanesh's imprisonment, but it does mark the first time a daemon kit has been restricted to a single system.

Edited by CeleFAZE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

Something interesting to note, I did a count of the current datasheets vs the number they gave for the new codex, and it's exactly the same (including the slaanesh entries added in supplements), meaning the twins are remaining AoS-only.

Not surprising on a background level with how they tie into Slaanesh's imprisonment, but it does mark the first time a daemon kit has been restricted to a single system.

And with that my heart shreds into a million pieces as the dream of plastic Ruinstorm Daemon Brutes being released with this codex shatter... HH you are my last hope!

Of course I expect people to use the new Ogroids to fill that niche within 30k.

Edited by Neverchosen

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/07/11/your-journey-into-the-heart-of-ghur-starts-with-a-look-inside-the-new-warcry-boxed-set/

Some more Warcry news heading our way. It looks like the "war band tome" will have information for both war bands, and the article references Hashut and "chaos corrupted duardin." I'm really getting my hopes up now, how about you guys?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

ok, ok, so I’m a bit late with this. But, Beastmen and Lizardmen, both neglected now for pretty much 9 years not including Kroak (Kroak very welcome as a Lizardman Friend and Ally). Get nothing but the corner of a terrain piece. 

There’s entitlement but then there’s also mocking (I can’t imagine they’re npt aware that two of their Fantasy Armies haven’t seen a release in near a decade, again Kroak very welcome, but more) . This starter set could very well have been Pestigors vs Kroxigors and accomplished the same Narrative. Personally. I’m a weed growing on the wall on the Citadel that is GW after all 😂

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Someone go to Totalwar.com to see if they've posted anything about a Khuresh DLC! GO GO GO GO!!!

Done!!! (not me)

Edit:

It's called "GW NEWS: NEW SNAKEMAN MODEL FOR BLOOD BOWL" instead of "KURESH DLC".
Still the same post!

Edited by Beliman

1 hour ago, CeleFAZE said:

There's still a tiny hope as they might have dropped or consolidated some data sheets. For example they could have made all 3 bloodthirsters a single sheet with different weapon options like the other greater daemons, or make the various tzeentch heralds a single sheet. Don't know how likely it is, but there's a chance. Also possible they work the twins into the narrative for the inevitable Emperor's Children release next edition. 

I am really interested to see how this book shapes up. If it encourages mixed daemon lists instead of mono god then I'll already have a whole army ready to go. Could be fun to mess around with. 

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 1