The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

With mawtribes, Soulblight, gloomspite, cities, and oruuk warclans all being soup tomes, I think it's just the way GW are thinking about releases now. I am sure the new dwarf faction will be like KB was for orruks in a soup tome. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Malerion elves were an expansion to daughters of khaine too. They already have the keyword "umbraneth" warband in their army.

They don't have the keyword umbranerh on anything. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

February: Tome Celestial Beasts of Chaos

That sounds very bad for that faction... The soup rumour is getting a bit stronger to me

Sounds like the opposite to me, honestly. They already did ToC STD months ago, after all. What this says to me is that BoC will be a late edition update, which makes them more likely to get new/updated models, IMO. 

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

That sounds very bad for that faction... The soup rumour is getting a bit stronger to me

The reason I don't quite see S2D and Beasts getting souped is that both factions have such big model ranges already. The combined army would rival Stormcast in number of kits, with probably even more of them being redundant. I can't imagine GW wants that kind of situation on their hands. I'd sooner believe that Beasts get entombed beneath the sands with Tomb Kings and Bretonnia.

But I actually don't think that's very likely either. I personally struggle to read continued support for the faction in both Broken Realms and now White Dwarf as GW getting ready to abandon them.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The reason I don't quite see S2D and Beasts getting souped is that both factions have such big model ranges already. The combined army would rival Stormcast in number of kits, with probably even more of them being redundant. I can't imagine GW wants that kind of situation on their hands. I'd sooner believe that Beasts get entombed beneath the sands with Tomb Kings and Bretonnia.

But I actually don't think that's very likely either. I personally struggle to read continued support for the faction in both Broken Realms and now White Dwarf as GW getting ready to abandon them.

On 10/21/2020 at 3:32 PM, Jator said:

I'm surprised no one is talking about this. Although it has been edited fast and replaced by "daughters of khaine".

Still, seems like we got the name of malerion's faction: The Umbraneth. (Or at least part of the name, they can be named Umbraneth Shadowmuch or something like that).

Sin título.png

3 minutes ago, Verminlord said:
On 10/21/2020 at 10:32 PM, Jator said:

I'm surprised no one is talking about this. Although it has been edited fast and replaced by "daughters of khaine".

Still, seems like we got the name of malerion's faction: The Umbraneth. (Or at least part of the name, they can be named Umbraneth Shadowmuch or something like that).

Sin título.png

The image was fake.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

So many of the BoC sculpts are not up to date with the current standard, and there are also so many redundant similar looking units.

If soup is planned I would expect a few refreshed sculpts and a big culling of what they perceive as non-essential.

The Image was fake

Oh really, I was not aware. Thanks for the correction.

Edited by Verminlord

7 minutes ago, Verminlord said:
On 10/21/2020 at 9:32 PM, Jator said:

Sin título.png

The picture was fake, made by someone bored for their own amusement. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Agreed. Beasts have gotten comparably a lot of attention in the last year, even their portion of the last balance update was actually targeted and substantial, I don't know how you read any of this as GW prepping them for a big cull. 

I'll also note that the BoC write-up in the core book goes out of it's way to reference obscure resin models that hardly see play, including the Centigor and the Jabberslythe. Doesn't sound like prepping for a culling to me at all. 

Fyreslayers shouldn't really be dying in droves, so getting to that 6 in the first place is probably an already bad sign for your plans. It doesn't really seem like you'd be getting those 6's all that often without being in a position where you don't have units with enough strength left to properly take advantage of things like the Charge. 

I only really see Grimnir's Vengeance being taken most of the time. The 'charge right away' is alright, but by the time you've got 6 points the combats are probably already joined anyway.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Fyreslayers shouldn't really be dying in droves, so getting to that 6 in the first place is probably an already bad sign for your plans. It doesn't really seem like you'd be getting those 6's all that often without being in a position where you don't have units with enough strength left to properly take advantage of things like the Charge. 

I only really see Grimnir's Vengeance being taken most of the time. The 'charge right away' is alright, but by the time you've got 6 points the combats are probably already joined anyway.

Would be nice if they had some kind of chaff unit you could screen with to farm death points and then immediately charge. Little runebound fire elementals or something #wishlisting

Theoretically this new Fyreslayers hero is ALSO a priest right? So yeah, this is a bit tougher to get off, with more powerful effects but the hero can fall back on chanting prayers.

47 minutes ago, madmac said:

Sounds like the opposite to me, honestly. They already did ToC STD months ago, after all. What this says to me is that BoC will be a late edition update, which makes them more likely to get new/updated models, IMO. 

I agree with this, BoC being pushed back almost guarantees it to be getting a range refresh of some sort. 

Edited by Ganigumo
  • Like 2

On the flipside, a block of 20 vulkites could suddenly hit back with a lot of teeth or be setup for a charge to snag an objective/important fight. Similarly, 15 strong block of Hearthguard Zerkers mid game could break the back of any unit who thought they had their number or make them land an important charge. D3 Hearthguard, oof.

Being able to fire off these abilities regularly would be way too powerful and you will always take some attrition damage. As a mid game game changer though, I like the look of these.

Great lore and pics but useless hero.

Idoneth have zero counterplay and requisites.

Fureslayer hero need be used at start of figth phase so you cant even use it at first turn.

You need 5 models died at 12" and then you can for only one phase buff to a unit wholy within 12 again?

So i cant use it at first turn,then need that 5 models melle with 2 wounds each(a total of 10 wounds killed is needed to activate the buff)at 12" of a priest that dont want be at melle and then after all this i can buff one unit for onky one phase and again at 12" of the priest.

If were 5 models died inentire map and then you can use the buff each turn could be playable but this is useless

Oh and only for melle weapons and only 3 units,meanwhile ironjaws have one hero that give this same +1 damage with 0 requisites and for every unit.

Its a joke as it have so huge  requisites to give a +1 damage but then the ironjawz hero have 0 requisites for a better version of this buff.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

Being able to fire off these abilities regularly would be way too powerful

Ironjawz say you hello,they have one cheap hero that gives +1 attack to a unit with 0 requisites or luck or counterplay,only choose one unit and have +1 attack

4 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

On the flipside, a block of 20 vulkites could suddenly hit back with a lot of teeth or be setup for a charge to snag an objective/important fight. Similarly, 15 strong block of Hearthguard Zerkers mid game could break the back of any unit who thought they had their number or make them land an important charge. D3 Hearthguard, oof.

Being able to fire off these abilities regularly would be way too powerful and you will always take some attrition damage. As a mid game game changer though, I like the look of these.

The range restrictions absolutely kill it in practice. Your buff aura is restricted to a 5 wound hero with 4" move on a 32mm base, which is to say, it's not that big and he's not able to reposition much at all. You have to lose a lot of units by Fyreslayer standards, not just in general, but within high-five range of the hero, AND the unit he buffs has to be even closer. 

In Theory this favors Vulkites because they die easier, but Vulkites with their current stats are just not a big enough threat to matter, even with these buffs applied. 

• Like 1

Just now, Doko said:

Great lore and pics but useless hero.

Idoneth have zero counterplay and requisites.

Fureslayer hero need be used at start of figth phase so you cant even use it at first turn.

You need 5 models died at 12" and then you can for only one phase buff to a unit wholy within 12 again?

So i cant use it at first turn,then need that 5 models melle with 2 wounds each(a total of 10 wounds killed is needed to activate the buff)at 12" of a priest that dont want be at melle and then after all this i can buff one unit for onky one phase and again at 12" of the priest.

If were 5 models died inentire map and then you can use the buff each turn could be playable but this is useless

Oh and only for melle weapons and only 3 units,meanwhile ironjaws have one hero that give this same +1 damage with 0 requisites and for every unit.

Its a joke as it have so huge  requisites to give a +1 damage but then the ironjawz hero have 0 requisites for a better version of this buff.

You can't directly compare the Warchanter buff and this. Ironjawz entire damage output is HIGHLY dependent on the warchanter buff, and the units are balanced around having that buff. Most ironjawz units without a warchanter hit like a wet blanket. This is obviously a situational ability that will push fyreslayer units into overdrive when you do get it off, not something the entire army depends on for its output.

Also the hero is still a priest who can chant prayers, they've got some value outside of this ability,

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, madmac said:

Terrible, honestly. It's basically the Thrallmaster except he has to jump through a bunch of hoops instead of choosing an effect, potentially stackable for free every turn. 

well. wont deny fyreslayer one is a dowgrade of ironjaws one. but again the idk one...

idk only buff the worst unit in tome. while slayer buff more units. and best unit in book among them.

and idk one only minor buff ( rerolls 1s or 6s explode). while slayer one buffs 100 percent dmg on dmg 1 unit or 50 percent on 2dmg units.

but is weird why ironjaws hero wasnt balanced but this one is a worse version

Edited by Kitsumy

First of all, people are (once again) drawing conclusions based on current rules instead of new rules. For all we know, new fyreslayers could be more killy but less survivable. Secondly, fyreslayers are not exactly immortal. Unless you're fighting one of the worst opponents, you WILL 100% lose 6 models either to shooting, charge mortals, spells or whatever. Always strike first thing is also probably gone in the next tome so no more that either. Adding +1 damage to vulkites is 100% damage increase, for hgb (with current rules ofcourse) it's 50% increase. On top of that this guy is probably priest so all of this is in addition to that. Also finally, different armies have different advantages. Stop comparing units and heroes of different armies, they're not meant to be compared. Some armies have easier time to buff their units but they need those buffs (try playing ironjaws without any warchanters and come back here to tell how awesome faction they are) and others work more better without buffs or other synergies.

Edited by angrycontra
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

well. wont deny fyreslayer one is a dowgrade of ironjaws one. but again the idk one...

idk only buff the worst unit in tome. while slayer buff more units. and best unit in book among them.

and idk one only buff around 7-10 percent the dmg ( rerolls 1s or 6s explode). while slayer one buffs 100 percent dmg on dmg 1 unit or 50 percent on 2dmg units.

but is weird why ironjaws hero wasnt balanced but this one is a worse version

Add to that, being a hero he will grant the Hearth Zerkers their 4+ ward too. Most FS players will already be used to slingshotting characters ahead for this alone so the range is unlikely to pose as much issues as some think. It will limit its use, absolutely, but isn't a deal breaker.

The wording also mentions chanting which could mean it is also a priest. He could also be a very tough cookie to remove (since they specifically mention the magmadroth cloak).

Edited by pnkdth