The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Prices

Fury of the Deep £105, €140, $170 (about 50% discount)

Blackpowders Buccaneers £25, €32.50, $40

So the battlebox surprisingly is the same price as Shadow Throne

Damn that box is actually a great deal. All of that is £15 cheaper than a single Mega Gargant!!

3 minutes ago, Salsa Picante said:

-Rumor timeline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOKRlRX1xPk

Is there any legitimacy to this timeline or is everything after the maggotkin release a wishlist? 

Most of those rumors are just a bunch of nonsense sourced from 4chan wishlisting that has been proven false over and over but people keep repeating for some reason.

11 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Thanks for the head's up, I will look into it and hopefully get my hands on it. It is one of those purchases that is a total impulse purchase for me as I do not need the extra units/models but they look great and getting the extra rules make it even more appealing. 

That was my logic too, it's models I already own but it gives me an excuse to paint them differently and they're models I really enjoy too so that's an added bonus. The extra rules are icing on the cake.

Also damn, the new battlebox is very good value for anyone wanting to start both armies (like me). Very much going to have to weigh up whether I pick one up if it's still available on payday.

Edited by EonChao
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Salsa Picante said:

-Rumor timeline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOKRlRX1xPk

Is there any legitimacy to this timeline or is everything after the maggotkin release a wishlist? 

Probably not. This looks like a compilation of wish-listing. I really doubt Lumineth will get anything else for at least another year. Beasts and Gitz are not looking like they are happening either.

5 minutes ago, Yeled said:

Sorry if this has been discussed, but what's the consensus on whether we'll see Battletomes for Idoneth and Fireslayers? It seems weird that they've not announced anything with the box already on pre-order.

I'm sure eventually we will, but the fact that they haven't even been announced yet makes me think they're being held back for some upcoming preview. Hopefully a slightly more interesting preview than just "Holy Cow! IDK get a new battletome, here's the cover!" but you never know with GW.

Either way, it's definitely not a Shadow Throne situation where they announced the codexes alongside the box and then had to clarify that both codexes were delayed a few weeks. It's not even Piety and Pain, where one faction immediately got a codex and SoBs came later with a new wave of models. They've very specifically not even mentioned the word battletome as of yet.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Yeled said:

Sorry if this has been discussed, but what's the consensus on whether we'll see Battletomes for Idoneth and Fireslayers? It seems weird that they've not announced anything with the box already on pre-order.

That's the main thing that keeps me hoping that at least one of them has something else coming. Similar to how the DoK and Hedonites box was where both got new things (endless spells and mortals) later on with their actual books.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, madmac said:

I'm sure eventually we will, but the fact that they haven't even been announced yet makes me think they're being held back for some upcoming preview. Hopefully a slightly more interesting preview than just "Holy Cow! IDK get a new battletome, here's the cover!" but you never know with GW.

Either way, it's definitely not a Shadow Throne situation where they announced the codexes alongside the box and then had to clarify that both codexes were delayed a few weeks. It's not even Piety and Pain, where one faction immediately got a codex and SoBs came later with a new wave of models. They've very specifically not even mentioned the word battletome as of yet.

This is why I'm giving myself into the chance that perhaps each of or at least 1 of these Factions may be getting something else this Edition.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Yeled said:

There was rumour earlier in this thread that stated something like this: Idoneth will get their battletome soon after this box (like a month at most) while fyreslayers will get their tome like couple months later and there might even be some other battletome released before them.

If this rumour is to be believed, I wouldn't be surprised if then after idk comes nighthaunt tome (since the new year preview model is apparently nighthaunt) and then fyreslayers (hopefully with some new units). But this is a rumour that could just as well be pure guesses or dreamlisting so take it with some salt.

21 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I think that this can only mean one thing that all the rumours are lies and we are getting a massive wave of Fyerslayers and Idonth! Say hello to Magmaqueens, Vulkite Chariots, Grimnir Golems and Magma Canons on the Fyreslayer side and Carcinclaw Cavalry, Namarti Hunters with Harpoons, Embailors on Deeprays and Isharann Tru'heas on the Idoneth side.

The cycle of Denial begins anew!

If GW did a preview and showed all of this, it might be the best release ever

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, angrycontra said:

There was rumour earlier in this thread that stated something like this: Idoneth will get their battletome soon after this box (like a month at most) while fyreslayers will get their tome like couple months later and there might even be some other battletome released before them.

If this rumour is to be believed, I wouldn't be surprised if then after idk comes nighthaunt tome (since the new year preview model is apparently nighthaunt) and then fyreslayers (hopefully with some new units). But this is a rumour that could just as well be pure guesses or dreamlisting so take it with some salt.

Makes some sense though. Idoneth only need a slight touch-up, they have a decent model range already.

Nighthaunt desperately needs a rules update, but has a decently sized model range already, so it would be a relatively easy update to do.

Meanwhile Fyreslayers could desperately use some more unit variety, so they would need more work (=time) to update.

Basically a wishlist at this point, but one I could see happening.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I think that this can only mean one thing that all the rumours are lies and we are getting a massive wave of Fyerslayers and Idonth! Say hello to Magmaqueens, Vulkite Chariots, Grimnir Golems and Magma Canons on the Fyreslayer side and Carcinclaw Cavalry, Namarti Hunters with Harpoons, Embailors on Deeprays and Isharann Tru'heas on the Idoneth side.

The cycle of Denial begins anew!

This makes me sad that this isn't happening. 

Hello darkness my old friend. 

• Haha 2

Something I'm curious about but do people tend to hope new units for factions be designed to fill mechanical holes or lore ones? Obviously they can, and often do, do both. But which is more relevant to you?

Like I'd love to see a new wave of Deepkin releases but I'd be more interested in them exploring a new area of Idoneth society through it. Something like the current range being focused on raiding settlements for souls whilst the new ones might those used to capture and tame the creatures the Deepkin make use of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EonChao said:

Something I'm curious about but do people tend to hope new units for factions be designed to fill mechanical holes or lore ones? Obviously they can, and often do, do both. But which is more relevant to you?

Like I'd love to see a new wave of Deepkin releases but I'd be more interested in them exploring a new area of Idoneth society through it. Something like the current range being focused on raiding settlements for souls whilst the new ones might those used to capture and tame the creatures the Deepkin make use of.

Honestly it depends on what is lacking in an army for me. Idoneth really needs certain lore based, Fyreslayers needs some aesthetic variation and I feel Nurgle could use more variety in terms of play style.

I would argue though that it isn't as straightforwardly categorical as the smaller armies really do need some more of everything though.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, EonChao said:

I prefer Lore based. Do Ogor Mawtribes need more monsters to fill gameplay holes? No but they should definitely get more beasties!!

• Haha 1

Rules are temporary, but models are forever!

Well, I guess model ranges can get squatted, lore rewritten, and game systems reinvented, so no one is really safe. I love seeing new stuff like cavalry and war machines because it makes wider implications about the world that my models inhabit. The Mortek Crawler tells me that there's probably a gazillion other weird and interesting constructs made out of magi-bone. The gunships of the Kharadrons tell me a lot about not only how they wage war, but travel across the aether as well. I think their menagerie of exotic star animals has converted many a Stormcast naysayer. One of the best things about Kruleboyz as well.

The ever-expanding bestiary of Age of Sigmar has been one of the most consistently delightful aspects of the game/world for me. So give me more sea animals, beastclaws, orruk cavalry, mini-magmadroths, and so on! And once we wrap up the Era of the Beast, I'd love to see a change to 'the Time of the Machine', with interesting artillery pieces and war machines for all. And what better time to introduce to the world the mechanical splendor of Chaos Dwarfs?

• Like 7