The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Regarding the exclusive minis, how is that usually handled?

Does every store get some?

Warhammer world only?

I really want to make sure I get the two NH ones. 

There's only one Nighthaunt one, it's a star birthday exclusive so it can be bought at store birthdays. There is a facebook group set up to allow people to get these kind of things for other people, to avoid eBay scalpers, called the '40k warhammer loot sharing group' https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@Still-young

Thanks. I know theres the one GoS but they didn't preview the 2nd LE yet so I just assumed it was one as well.

I don't use FB so I'll have to figure another route. That's a pretty cool group effort thing though. 

What 2nd LE?

Yeah, it's cool. I dunno how you'll do it without facebook (well, if you have a local store you can just wait til their birthday), maybe go through a friend or family that does use FB?

1 hour ago, sigmar is scottish said:

So I've heard a few people speculate at a November release for darkoath. 

Anyone else think this sounds Right? 

Its likely that there'll be another set similar to blightwar around that time covering Darkoath and moongrots. But its all speculation based on past GW decisions! :) And look at them go at turbo speed, 1 release after another against all the GW odds.

• Like 2

Before 2018 I would have called @Kugane a maniac with a madman's dream, but three new armies, an update for Stormcast, a new edition and a magic supplement (plus everything else) by July? I'm still doubtful they'd release another box set in the same year as Soul Wars, but clearly anything's possible now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I wonder how fast they are going to push out Endless Spells. We can possibly expect them for every new Battletome to come, however several armies already have Battletomes for Sigmar and are unlikely to see any new one for a very long time. So that leaves me wondering if GW is going to overlook those armies for ages, drip feed them Endless spells or push them out fast to encourage their use. 

Personally I hope for the latter rather than leaving existing factions waiting on a "maybe" whilst seeing other factions get new battletomes and endless spells. 

I don't mind Daughters having all their Heroes in one box - its probably cheaper that way than getting them all separately. 

The only things I really do mind are a lack of a proper getting started set and the price of Witch Aelves. It's nuts to think that its over £100 just to field a single 30 person unit of a basic troop type! I really don't get why GW hasn't just issued a new GS boxed set with, say, two groups of Witch Aelves and something else or somesuch. 

Edited by Overread
  • Like 1

You mean you don't all have different avatars and usernames on all the forums you post on so your enemies can't keep track of you..? o.O

I think it's quite likely we'll see more SC sets soon, maybe during upcoming 40k release cycles (we've seen that happen before). I haven't heard any rumours, though, that's idle speculation.

My expectation is that things should swing round to at least half a year of Sigmar focus. 

40K just finished a massive year of updates to the codex and only has 3 more factions to go before everything is done pretty much. After that there's Sisters of Battle next year, but otherwise they should be done. 

So that leaves ample time to flip things over and let Sigmar dominate for a period of time. Granted there's Titanicus in August, but that release, whilst big, should also be fairly small in terms of what comes out (two weeks and it should be done). 

I do think DoK need a getting started soon; for a faction so newly released its teling that they didn't get a getting started add during the big 2.0 launch and with Morathi and two other new sculpts (snakes and harpies) and a big spot next to Slannesh in the story I can't see Daughters vanishing. 

The worry is that they'll hold off and do a big joint Sisters and Slannesh release - which is fine so long as Slannesh isn't left for another half a year or more.