The Rumour Thread

The more I think about it, the more convinced I become that the Mistweaver was an early concept for the Idoneth Deepkin. She was released with ST as a teaser, but they ended up going in a different direction with the faction and couldn't really include her any more so she's forever left without a faction.

I'd be happy to be wrong on this, but it's my current personal theory.

• Like 4

The mounts for the new SCE are ok, they just did something with the heads. I don't know what it is with GW and heads, most of their models have horrible faces. Head swamps with gryphon riders could do wonders to the models. I mean the "ram" pegasus should have a ram or goat head, at it would be perfect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swooper said:

The more I think about it, the more convinced I become that the Mistweaver was an early concept for the Idoneth Deepkin. She was released with ST as a teaser, but they ended up going in a different direction with the faction and couldn't really include her any more so she's forever left without a faction.

I'd be happy to be wrong on this, but it's my current personal theory.

i can see that.

her helmet looks very similar to the turtle drummer and as a whole she looks like she sort of matches up with some of the characters.

Plus, 'mistweaving' seems pretty close to some sort of mystical water-type conjuring.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Whaaat? Y’all are crazy. All of the new models are just amazing. Not sure if I am missing something but compared to almost every other game or company even those heads of the new mounts are amazing sculpts. 

I cant wait to paint them :D

The head of the pegasus just doesn't seem consistent with the aesthetic of the rest of the body to me, or with the aesthetic of the Stormcast themselves. It's just so bestial, exaggerated and almost comical. This face belongs in an orruk army. Maybe a beastmen army. Not a Stormcast army. Certainly not an army of haughty wizards who take themselves incredibly seriously and look pretty refined and graceful in all other regards.

@Jamie the Jasper  don't call them like that. Tauralons are proud and noble beasts and they are perfect mounts for the most powerful wizards. ;) 

Joking aside I imagine Tauralons as azyrite equivalent of mountain goats, but a carnivorous ones. Mountains in Azyr are probably very high (maybe higher than Mt. Everest ,even reaching stars, it's CELESTIAL realm after all) and wings are very useful when the slope is too steep even for them.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

I just remembered, this Saturday is also Age of Sigmar Open day! What do you guys think, is GW showing something new this weekend? Or are we just going to get more pictures of the new Nighthaunt/Stormcasts units? 

I think we'll see mostly stuff for nighthaunt/stormcast since their battletomes are coming out right away.

1 minute ago, chord said:

I think we'll see mostly stuff for nighthaunt/stormcast since their battletomes are coming out right away.

Yeah, and maybe some Shadespire (from the July WD).... I hope a little snippet past SCE/NH, though, because we've seen 90% of both ranges so far. 

As usual (from a sad continental man like me :P ) :

WHO IS GOING ???

I would not be surprised to see GW drop something big and a couple months out in the Open Day.  They have spoiled the majority of Stormcast & Nighthaunt already and pretty much the whole new edition.  I don't think they want the hype train to slow down on the release day for the new edition - they would probably prefer to kick it into high gear.

Now don't get me wrong, I think there will be more info and models from the new Stormcast and Nighthaunt books that are shown, but I would not at all be surprised if they blindsided us with a tease or reveal of some of the other things coming further down the pipeline.  GW has seemed to learn more about the value of future hype generation than they did in the past.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skabnoze said:

Now don't get me wrong, I think there will be more info and models from the new Stormcast and Nighthaunt books that are shown, but I would not at all be surprised if they blindsided us with a tease or reveal of some of the other things coming further down the pipeline.

Five pounds says it's the Moonclan Battletome that the studio guys look like they're bursting to tell us about every time the subject of Moonclan comes up on the Twitch stream! ?

Just now, Jamie the Jasper said:

Five pounds says it's the Moonclan Battletome that the studio guys look like they're bursting to tell us about every time the subject of Moonclan comes up on the Twitch stream! ?

I hope so - since I have been a huge Night Goblin fan since the 90s.  But honestly, I have not really been disappointed with any of the Age of Sigmar releases for quite a while now.  I am not a huge Stormcast fan, although the expanded darker fluff is starting to interest me, but even those models are quite nice and well done.  So as long as they tease and give me an idea about what is coming out further than the next month's release wave I will be quite happy.

I think the next big news  reveal is going to happen at Warhammer fest Europe in August at Dusseldorf.

I doubt they are going too reveal much at AoS opening day since they have announce so much new stuff already, I best I think there could be a Teaser trailers like at Adepticon with the Malign sorcery

Maybe Firebellies? Internal balance would be easy to achieve. :) Speaking seriously I would like to see Ironweld Arsenal index - maybe with similar rule to Renegade Knight's one that Steam Tank counts as 5 models for objective capturing. They would only need to make something battleline.

If you look at the recent errata the Legions of Nagash book effectively deprecated the entire Grand Alliance Death book.  My hunch is that they may migrate the remaining Grand Alliance only allegiances into blanket books like this that have rules dedicated to fielding combined forces.  No idea how far off some of these would be, but it seems like the smartest way to update them.  The Grand Alliance books were necessary and useful to get rules out for the models that crossed over from Warhammer Fantasy in the early days of Age of Sigmar but they are missing too many pieces of what makes good armies for Age of Sigmar and they don't really make sense anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

The head of the pegasus just doesn't seem consistent with the aesthetic of the rest of the body to me, or with the aesthetic of the Stormcast themselves. It's just so bestial, exaggerated and almost comical. This face belongs in an orruk army. Maybe a beastmen army. Not a Stormcast army. Certainly not an army of haughty wizards who take themselves incredibly seriously and look pretty refined and graceful in all other regards.

Don’t judge a book by its cover! The goathorsebird be eatin’ no meat. 

4 hours ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

Certainly not an army of haughty wizards who take themselves incredibly seriously and look pretty refined and graceful in all other regards.

How do we know they are so serious?  Maybe Sigmar simply has not opened the Clown Brigade Chamber yet? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

How do we know they are so serious?  Maybe Sigmar simply has not opened the Clown Brigade Chamber yet? 

When he does open it I'll bet more Clowncast will pour out of it then you would ever imagine could possibly fit inside.

Edited by Guest