The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

There is a rumour of death getting a release sometime in the future but it's very non specific

I saw that, but it doesn't give me a ton of hope.  I mean it's nice to see a 2016 date attached to it, but it's so non-specific as to resemble a guess.

Not trying to be whiny, but it's frustrating looking at these lists of yet more Order and Chaos Releases, which likely contain new models, while Death has had one battletome, that was a re-pack special.  Bad enough we lost variety in our Alliance with the loss of Tomb Kings, but the lack of attention since AoS dropped, is very disappointing.

My only hope is that the long lead up to a real Death update means major items in the development pipe.  But when that new Battletome finally does drop, I'll be very disappointing if it isn't magnificent.

Edited by MechaBriZilla

I can see where you're coming from - brother is a huge TK fan/collector so I hear similar comments from him.  The season/age that we've been in was very much Order & Chaos driven but this is now done and ultimately re-established Order as the guys currently at the top of the tree. 

I actually think Death is being saved up for something special.  Chaos has received a bit of a kicking and Destruction only just emerging as a force.  Likely Nagash has been waiting in the wings to see what happens and has some devious machination to twist things to his own ends - which would be very thematic!

• Like 2

I can see where you're coming from - brother is a huge TK fan/collector so I hear similar comments from him.  The season/age that we've been in was very much Order & Chaos driven but this is now done and ultimately re-established Order as the guys currently at the top of the tree. 

I actually think Death is being saved up for something special.  Chaos has received a bit of a kicking and Destruction only just emerging as a force.  Likely Nagash has been waiting in the wings to see what happens and has some devious machination to twist things to his own ends - which would be very thematic!

Possible. From what I remember of the current fluff nagash is building his power up. But the next story arc is meant to be focused on tzeentch Slaanesh and Shadowkin so might not see any death until that arc has finished.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nico said:

3 weeks without an AoS release and the withdrawal symptoms are killing us. I'm almost at the point of buying Fyreslayers....

I need help.

HEY hey hey there, now, nothing wrong with Fyreslayers. You come join the Lodges with us and we'll cure what ails ya. B|

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I really, really hope this is true.

As mentioned, I believe the next focus is on Tzeentch.  But maybe, as in the case of the Stormcast getting released along with Bloodbound, Tzeentch will need someone to be opposing.  Maybe Death will be in there.  I feel like that wouldn't be a bad spot.  Two factions best known for powerful casters...

16 minutes ago, MechaBriZilla said:

As mentioned, I believe the next focus is on Tzeentch.  But maybe, as in the case of the Stormcast getting released along with Bloodbound, Tzeentch will need someone to be opposing.  Maybe Death will be in there.  I feel like that wouldn't be a bad spot.  Two factions best known for powerful casters...

Will keep fingers crossed for this - it does sound quite plausible :)

5 hours ago, DamonRafael said:

I do think next will be Slaanesh vs Aelf.

There are a lot of open questions here, and they already made a Sylvaneth-Nurgle plot.

Makes sense to me! 

There's also a clear khorne v bloodbound plot strand (khul v vandus).

Nagash v free people makes sense.

Maybe it will be duardin v tzeentch?

And orruks against everyone?

Edited by Carnelian

5 hours ago, James McPherson said:

I hope September will see updates for all the existing factions allegiance abilities.

I read that was rumoured somewhere for September in the form of a big book called 'Allegiances of the Realms' or something around the time when the GHB came out, maybe it's too good to be true, would be really nice though.

PLease, by Sigmar's auric balls, let that book come soon!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

Aos rumour draught is so bad I bought small army of Ironjawz. 

Hopefully next week something other than yet another power armour release.

Doubtful. The first monthly White Dwarf is said to contain stuff about Kharn and some Chaos stuff for 40k. As the White Dwarf would now seem to be a retrospective look on the past month, I think it'd be safe to assume that it'll be a 40k pre order again next week and no significant AoS release until September.

From that, and with the details of the free model on the White Dwarf, it's likely that the first release could actually be the Gorechosen box set too, as the free model isn't in that box (IIRC).

Doubtful. The first monthly White Dwarf is said to contain stuff about Kharn and some Chaos stuff for 40k. As the White Dwarf would now seem to be a retrospective look on the past month, I think it'd be safe to assume that it'll be a 40k pre order again next week and no significant AoS release until September.

I'm now painting the Fyreslayers I've bought. Fighting the withdrawal symptoms. 4 weeks without a release, surely not....

• Like 4