The Rumour Thread

Morathai (exalted mega snake goddess version) is amazing, thisis exxactly whatI've been wanting from AoS more kits like alarielle Archaon and Nagash. I probably won't get one for now as I'm committed to other projects, for once. Can;t wait to see what pther characters get the god upgrade. I would have loved some form of Dwarven avatar for the Duardin releases, especially some sort of avatar of Grimnir...Gorkamork woulda been cool too.  

On the cover art, more of this please, I'd definitely buy a print of that.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sete said:

When is the open day?

3rd of March? 

Yep it's 3rd of March 

But I don't know we should get some info then I doubt they will be released until mid April, but GW might use 2018 to 

- release as many AoS armies as they could 

- release all Wh40k Codexes 

So they may use 2019 for new Wh40 armies mainly and Wh40k armies are usually quite big releases unlike new AoS game. 

Which make perfect sense. 

• Like 1

Aaand it's here!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/19/daughters-khaine-part-1-daughters-khainegw-homepage-post-3/

Morathi claims to speak for Khaine, wielding his unbreakable iron heart, but none know that Morathi’s power is a lie, and Khaine is dead; the prayers that her daughters scream and the ritual offerings they make only serve to enhance her own power, not Khaine’s. Indeed, as long as Morathi bears the last vestiges of his power, there is little hope for his revival.

Morathi feeding on her follower's hopeless prayers. Pretty grimdark, innit?

Edited by Yokai
  • Like 3

nice video, the DoK seem to have a very interesting backstory. I like the idea of Morathi playing a dangerous game, leading an entire faction into believing they worship Khaine (it's still not very clear to me if Khaine is dead or not. maybe the gods can't really die?) but ulitmately empowering her. It gives us plenty of narrative to keep developing.

1 minute ago, elfhead said:

nice video, the DoK seem to have a very interesting backstory. I like the idea of Morathi playing a dangerous game, leading an entire faction into believing they worship Khaine (it's still not very clear to me if Khaine is dead or not. maybe the gods can't really die?) but ulitmately empowering her. It gives us plenty of narrative to keep developing.

Yeah I really like the backstory.  Whether or  not it impacts the gameplay, it certainly makes collecting the army more interesting.  I hope they keep up these types of videos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chord said:

That's  a really cool twist, how she doesn't want him to return.

Not really. Morathi never cared a lick about Khiane so I was wondering why she suddenly cared now. And the reveal is simply she does not and is using his name to gather followers.

Edited by Envyus
  • Confused 2

Just now, Envyus said:

Not really. Morathi never cared a lick about Khiane so I was wondering why she suddenly cared now. And the reveal is simply she does not. 

Maybe for WHFB old timers,  but for somebody who started with AOS it's a nice twist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1