The Rumour Thread

On the literary front, there's a hidden new.

BLPROCESSED-Path-to-Glory-cover.jpg

A Warhammer Age of Sigmar story

Amidst the ruins of the Lantic Empire, a few brave survivors fight to the last. With Chaos everywhere and the empress lost to a burst of lightning from the Heavens, it falls to a captain, a sorcerer and the new emperor to try and save their people.

READ IT BECAUSE
It's a sweeping epic, longer than your usual short story and packed full of action, drama and intrigue – and it's the Black Library debut for Evan Dicken.

eShort
 €4.49 

THE STORY
The Age of Myth is over. After centuries of peace, the forces of Chaos have returned to the Mortal Realms, and Order is being overrun. Sigmar has retreated to Azyr, and those left behind make their stand in the face of the numberless hordes of the Dark Gods. In the ruins of the Lantic Empire, a few brave heroes lead their shattered armies in the defence of their once-mighty realm. With their empress dead, a captain, a sorcerer and the new emperor must make a stand and try to save their people. 

Written by Evan Dicken

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I have read path to glory and I have to say I enjoyed it what it shows is how people felt when sigmar shut the gates and trust me you feel for these people. If you read up on the setting such a decision is being felt even in the present with the reclaimed and not even once does sigmar explain himself. I honestly get Grungi's words in spear of shadows I can easily see why people turned to chaos or especially nagash in this case. 

Also stormcast have no right to have beef with people that went over to chaos because of sigmar closing the gates to ayzr. Plus sigmar is also enabling the situation with reclaimed. I really understood why the characters were upset in this short story.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shinros said:

So I have read path to glory and I have to say I enjoyed it what it shows is how people felt when sigmar shut the gates and trust me you feel for these people. If you read up on the setting such a decision is being felt even in the present with the reclaimed and not even once does sigmar explain himself. I honestly get Grungi's words in spear of shadows I can easily see why people turned to chaos or especially nagash in this case. 

Also stormcast have no right to have beef with people that went over to chaos because of sigmar closing the gates to ayzr. Plus sigmar is also enabling the situation with reclaimed. I really understood why the characters were upset in this short story.

I know you are a heretic a Nagash worshipper, but even when your empire gets destroyed around you, you don't have to challenge the will of your god... ;) 

Andy when you see the power of Chaos, and the might of Archaon, you don't have to be a genius to understand Sigmar's move (Sigmar who already lost his home once because of Chaos).

I sincerely think the retreat to Azyr was the only good answer to the Everchosen's multi dimensional invasions.

Look at how well the others fared. It may have took Archaon three centuries, but Nagash was finally defeated, and Shyish all but conquered. Malerion hid in Ulgu, Alarielle was driven mad, Aqshy was almost entirely destroyed by Khorne, etc.

16 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I know you are a heretic a Nagash worshipper, but even when your empire gets destroyed around you, you don't have to challenge the will of your god... ;) 

Andy when you see the power of Chaos, and the might of Archaon, you don't have to be a genius to understand Sigmar's move (Sigmar who already lost his home once because of Chaos).

I sincerely think the retreat to Azyr was the only good answer to the Everchosen's multi dimensional invasions.

Look at how well the others fared. It may have took Archaon three centuries, but Nagash was finally defeated, and Shyish all but conquered. Malerion hid in Ulgu, Alarielle was driven mad, Aqshy was almost entirely destroyed by Khorne, etc.

I think the point is that the mortal people of the Realms do not have that sort of perspective.

Alarielle going into isolation, while Tyrion and Malerion went skipping of after Slaaneesh happened in the Age of Myth. All they saw is, after nearly half their gods already having abandoned them, then their prime protector just leaves them to their fate without as much as a word. Meanwhile Nagashs part in the success of Archaon does hardly seem to be public knowledge and he is the only god to go down fighting against Chaos.

There are good arguments to be made for Sigmars decision, but he never told them to the mortals he abandoned. The way things are heading, I would say that being bad at public relations is looking like Sigmars fatal flaw.

Which is either highly self aware or ironic considering GWs own history over the past decade.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I think the point is that the mortal people of the Realms do not have that sort of perspective.

Alarielle going into isolation, while Tyrion and Malerion went skipping of after Slaaneesh happened in the Age of Myth. All they saw is, after nearly half their gods already having abandoned them, then their prime protector just leaves them to their fate without as much as a word. Meanwhile Nagashs part in the success of Archaon does hardly seem to be public knowledge and he is the only god to go down fighting against Chaos.

There are good arguments to be made for Sigmars decision, but he never told them to the mortals he abandoned. The way things are heading, I would say that being bad at public relations is looking like Sigmars fatal flaw.

Which is either highly self aware or ironic considering GWs own history over the past decade.

Yup grungi makes that exact point in spear of shadows. That decison is also still effecting those who survived outside ayzr only for ayzrites to treat them like rubbish. They even have troubles finding a job.

While in shyish nagash never shuts up even when Archaon slapped him. Even when broken he passed by helstone he did not aid them because they largely prayed to sigmar not him.

As grungi said sigmar does not dumb things down for the little people he expects them to understand. He expects people to rise to meet him per grungi's words.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, shinros said:

As grungi said sigmar does not dumb things down for the little people he expects them to understand. He expects people to rise to meet him per grungi's words.

I really love how complex the AOS setting has become in 2.5 years !

And joke aside, I agree with you shinros. (Your quote) is a side of Sigmar's character that IMO is a reference to the Emperor in 40k.

One thing tho, even if I understand normal people don't have our view and understanding of the story, when you worship an immortal like this you have to keep faith. That's what the Stormhosts like the Hallowed Knight are made up with, people keeping the faith.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I really love how complex the AOS setting has become in 2.5 years !

And joke aside, I agree with you shinros. (Your quote) is a side of Sigmar's character that IMO is a reference to the Emperor in 40k.

One thing tho, even if I understand normal people don't have our view and understanding of the story, when you worship an immortal like this you have to keep faith. That's what the Stormhosts like the Hallowed Knight are made up with, people keeping the faith.

Tell that to the people who died on the talons of chaos and those on the streets who can't find a job due to sigmars own people putting them down. See i can understand his past decision but he is still allowing it to be felt a generation later.

Hence why the grand theogonist is cracking down and seeking more authority because she fears humans worshipping other gods than sigmar. As we can see in the lore its happening.

Edited by shinros

46 minutes ago, shinros said:

Tell that to the people who died on the talons of chaos and those on the streets who can't find a job due to sigmars own people putting them down. See i can understand his past decision but he is still allowing it to be felt a generation later.

Hence why the grand theogonist is cracking down and seeking more authority because she fears humans worshipping other gods than sigmar. As we can see in the lore its happening.

Well ;) Thanks to Sigmar they are now avenged, their killers being destroyed. And thanks to Sigmar there is at least streets to be unemployed in ! Even for the reclaimed the situation is way better now than under the dominion of chaos !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well ;) Thanks to Sigmar they are now avenged, their killers being destroyed. And thanks to Sigmar there is at least streets to be unemployed in ! Even for the reclaimed the situation is way better now than under the dominion of chaos !

My point is as long there is a disconnect between sigmar and his people his war against chaos will be never ending. RG in 40k makes a similar point if people live in hell they would start to consider the other hell.

Plus all the cities do is provide chaos with a different playground as proven by tzeentch arcanites. And death at the door story. Chaos specifically aims for people down on their luck majority of the time.

What you are saying here is most likely what sigmar is thinkimg. Hence grungi's problem with sigmar. As we can see such thinking is biting him in the butt big time.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shinros said:

My point is as long there is a disconnect between sigmar and his people his war against chaos will be never ending. RG in 40k makes a similar point if people live in hell they would start to consider the other hell.

Plus all the cities do is provide chaos with a different playground as proven by tzeentch arcanites. And death at the door story. Chaos specifically aims for people down on their luck majority of the time.

What you are saying here is most likely what sigmar is thinkimg. Hence grungi's problem with sigmar. As we can see such thinking is biting him in the butt big time.

I just finished the story

Spoiler

Really, I cannot take the survivors' defense. They are corrupted. The worthy were saved (the Empress, the Standard bearer). The other turned. Shame on them !

:P 

And still, IMO it's better to live in a city - even infiltrated by Arcanites cults - than to survive in a wasteland full of cannibals Bloodreavers !

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, BURF1 said:

To be fair,  this is a rumors thread (supposedly). 

Yeah... no it isn't really.  A bit of a misnomer but it's been a long time this has morphed more into the "news and rumours" thread, and we were talking about on news so by the power of my ruleslawiery I declare: we good!"

On second thought, @Gaz Taylor, mayhaps a new thread could be in order? You know, new year, new life.  In theory we will get a few juicy tidbids at Adepticon so that would be a good moment.