The Rumour Thread

34 minutes ago, Barbossal said:

So for a release schedule, rumours are that Custodes will be followed shortly by Thousand Sons, then our Legions of Nagash.

If we see two weeks of Custodes and Thousand Sons each, Feb 24th for the Legions of Nagash?

I think Thousand Sons will be only one week as there are no new mini's, only most of the other Tzaangor units from AoS are added to it, but that doesn't need two weeks. That can be released with the book. I think it is possible that the Warhammer Community article "pre-orders next week" will posted sunday 28 january or 4 february. So it's release is either 10 or 17 february.

4 minutes ago, SeanMaguire1991 said:

I'd like to see Cairn Wraiths become Units like they are Total war (the artwork also implies this, or at least to me it does). 

It would give Nighthaunt an Infantry unit.

A plastic  set with new Cairn Wraiths would look magnificent on the battlefield!

1 hour ago, Barbossal said:

So for a release schedule, rumours are that Custodes will be followed shortly by Thousand Sons, then our Legions of Nagash.

If we see two weeks of Custodes and Thousand Sons each, Feb 24th for the Legions of Nagash?

Why two weeks for TS? They literally have all the models available already. My bet is that in any case they may end up doing the same they've done for DoC and Maggotkin: release them within the same week (alongside something else).

19 minutes ago, Barbossal said:

1k Sons will be a single week release. With custdes taking probably up this week and the following, 1k sons might be out for pre-order first week of february, followd by Underworld and than MP.- Book and heros, which again probably will be a single Week. Follwoed by Necromunda expansion and a week later the death-book, or vice versa

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Elmir said:

No, Phil Kelly was specifically asked what happened to the other mortarchs and he said this narrative event would only focus on the existing 3 mortarchs with model kits...

Though he did say other Mortarchs could come in the future.

22 minutes ago, Skarloc said:

It could even be that the WH40K Thousands Sons release only consists of a new codex that could well be released on the 2nd week of Custodes..

Given the Regimental Standards about new Tzaangors, I'm sure the Codex TS is around the corner. 

I think the Harbingers are coming the 3rd or 10th of February.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Given the Regimental Standards about new Tzaangors, I'm sure the Codex TS is around the corner. 

I think the Harbingers are coming the 3rd or 10th of February.

Yeah we know Codex TS is coming at around the same time as Custodes.

A slightly off-topic question for the exalted rumourmongers. Is there a chance there will be an AOS release from Forgeworld in not that distatnt future? And I mean full faction/subfaction release like Legion of Azgorh or Tamurkhan's Horde? I suspect the answer is no, but I still have to ask because I like their stuff a lot.

1 hour ago, Trayanee said:

A slightly off-topic question for the exalted rumourmongers. Is there a chance there will be an AOS release from Forgeworld in not that distatnt future? And I mean full faction/subfaction release like Legion of Azgorh or Tamurkhan's Horde? I suspect the answer is no, but I still have to ask because I like their stuff a lot.

There's nothing out there to suggest it. They've got their hands full with Heresy. 

47 minutes ago, Bjarni St. said:

There's nothing out there to suggest it. They've got their hands full with Heresy. 

I would be absolutely shocked if forgeworld does anything for aos for at least a few years. They're caught up in the heresy 7thvs8th thing, they're going to have to do 8th rules for custodes soon, they're miles behind their 40k releases with the super late fires of cyraxis, and they never really seemed to like WHFB or AoS anyway.

Not a huge loss, outside of the Mourngul their fantasy sculpts weren't anything special.

50 minutes ago, Burf said:

I would be absolutely shocked if forgeworld does anything for aos for at least a few years. They're caught up in the heresy 7thvs8th thing, they're going to have to do 8th rules for custodes soon, they're miles behind their 40k releases with the super late fires of cyraxis, and they never really seemed to like WHFB or AoS anyway.

Not a huge loss, outside of the Mourngul their fantasy sculpts weren't anything special.

Yeah I can't see anymore coming from the good old Warhammer Forge.

Unless they still have some AOS Character Series kits, like the big Khorne Dragon we've seen at Open days.

Edited by HorticulusTGA

3 hours ago, Trayanee said:

If I remember corectly from christmas twitch with Forgeworld team, most of them were focused on Necromunda (YES!) the rest on Heresy, BUT there were a few that were doing something for AoS. But they seemed to be so terrorised about not saing a clue of what is to come. The GW rumour machine is insane.

Anyway the closest faction to apear is Fimir in my opinion. From GHB16 we knew that Balefiend Dirach was supposed to apear to make Fimir battleline. Later on we got Noble and we know 2 more are sculpted. Probably GW waits with them for a good moment to release, but man, Destro would use some OP stuff to smash faces right now. 

3 hours ago, Trayanee said:

It was said around Christmas that they are nearly finished putting a new AoS Team together. Im not sure how quick Forge World works but I think we still have to wait a bit longer before we can see anything new.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trayanee said:

I don't know.. but I hope NOT. I get spots on my face as soon as I hear ForgeWorld. Those resin miniatures..  uuurgh.. Same when Phil Kelly briefly mentioned Fimir during last week's video..

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

It was said around Christmas that they are nearly finished putting a new AoS Team together. Im not sure how quick Forge World works but I think we still have to wait a bit longer before we can see anything new.

Yup, they set that up during last year though no indication on what they'll be focused on.  Could well be we see them at the AoS Open Day in a few weeks time and can nudge them to find out :D Khornate Dragon must be due soon, though I know they've resculpted the rider three or four times as they weren't happy with him!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meet.the.doctor said:

If I remember corectly from christmas twitch with Forgeworld team, most of them were focused on Necromunda (YES!) the rest on Heresy, BUT there were a few that were doing something for AoS. But they seemed to be so terrorised about not saing a clue of what is to come. The GW rumour machine is insane.

Anyway the closest faction to apear is Fimir in my opinion. From GHB16 we knew that Balefiend Dirach was supposed to apear to make Fimir battleline. Later on we got Noble and we know 2 more are sculpted. Probably GW waits with them for a good moment to release, but man, Destro would use some OP stuff to smash faces right now. 

Now thats what I wanted to read. Thanks a lot. Its always nice to have something to possibly look forward to in distant future, because you arent completely denied and on the other hand nothing is confirmed so its not a letdown If it goes south in the end.

• Like 1

@Aos Forge I think maybe we are going to see upgrade kits for the new plastic sets. The whole Kharadron line would be perfect for this. Add a few new turrets to a airship, a few guns for the arkanauts and if they sell well, maybe we are going to see some of the bigger Airships teased in the battletome. We know that they selled really well and GW is looking into releasing more Sky Dwarfs.

• Like 2