The Rumour Thread

On 8/2/2017 at 0:54 PM, Captain Marius said:

Hammerstrike!?

Also those teeth could be a nurgle dude's belly, a new squig... or maybe a Lord Commander's Ur-Stardrake cos its been more than five minites since stormies got reinforced!

Hammerstrike is just a terrible version of warrior brotherhood.

The Order article is now up on the Community site.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/04/keeping-order-in-the-generals-handbook-2017/

Stormcast can be allies of any other faction (I hope the reverse is not true).

There's still no mention of any lores.

Fyreslayers seem to be the big winners in terms of what we can see regarding traits. They have 6 once per game, army wide buffs and have to choose a different one each battleround. One of them is extra rend on melee weapons!

Dispossessed look like the losers at the moment as one of their traits duplicates their only Battalion.

Ominously there's no mention of new lores. Hopefully, that's because Soulblight and Darkling Covens (they are led by Sorceresses!) are getting lores, which is why they are getting specific articles on them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheriff said:

Interesting bit to me was that chariots and cavalry seem to be getting battle line 'if' status. Assume this will be true for other factions too. 

That and teleportation and big hordes is now a thing for everyone. 

From the looks of it most things are going to be allegianceline.

Just now, PraetorDragoon said:

Thats were cheap allied sacrifical grots come in.

Yes that's my current plan for my 1k spider army, but for 2k intend to do a grand alliance of moonies, spiders, trolls. Still no battle-line alternative for that other than 3 units of grots. 

But good news for Moonclan getting new battle-line 'if's. Should make for some interesting new armies with tons of squig units, supported by single horde of grots rather than 3 shi77y units of 20. 

4 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

Yes that's my current plan for my 1k spider army, but for 2k intend to do a grand alliance of moonies, spiders, trolls. Still no battle-line alternative for that other than 3 units of grots. 

But good news for Moonclan getting new battle-line 'if's. Should make for some interesting new armies with tons of squig units, supported by single horde of grots rather than 3 shi77y units of 20. 

Squigs are indeed likely canditates for allegianceline.

Just now, Iskander said:

Do we know for sure that allied units can satisfy battleline requirements? Like, that would be cool, but I hadn't read that anywhere yet.

Well, I haven't seen anything that makes allied units lose the Battleline trait, so I assume they get to keep that even as allies. Then again, using allied battlelines means less ally points spend on cool stuff, of course. (especially if a lot of stuff becomes allegianceline)